Can anyone link some REALLY good live stuff?

GeetarMikey

Not necessarily knocking the newest line-up, but after trawling through youtube for really good live versions of GN'R classics and newer stuff I've been constantly disappointed. I know the original line-up could be a bit ragged on occasion of course, but for all the current line-up's talents, they just leave me cold and it never really sounds THAT good, so I need to be proven wrong for my own sanity!

Cheers, guys!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you said new lineup but I will just post all my favorites for all lineups.

Welcome To The Jungle Music Machine

Nice Boys Music Machine

Reckless Life Roxy

Don't Cry Roxy

Welcome To The Jungle At the Video shoot forgot where

Don't Cry London

Out Ta Get Me London

Used To Love Her Philly

Civil War Farm Aid

Estranged Rock in Rio

Perfect Crime Indiana

Mama Kin Paris

Pretty Tied Up Tokyo

You Could Be Mine Argentina

Knocking On Heavens Door Rock in Rio

Nightrain Boston

Nightrain Rock Am Rio

IRS Tokyo(I think)

Rocket Queen Tokyo

Nice Boys with Duff

Welcome To The Jungle LA Forum

You're Crazy Philly

Edited by Haters Gonna Hate

That Rocket Queen is amazing! I did a comprasion between that and some 1987 versions and they are actually surprisingly close in terms of vocals, I think his 2010 voice was probably closer to the late 80s than the early 90s stuff (which I think his 06-07 vocals were a closer match in terms of tone)

Civil War from Denver 2011 is stunning (rasp from start to end, no weakening of that rasp like most versions in the chorus)

This is EPIC, the intro is grand, up close footage (like REAL close) and possibly vocally the best ever Paradise City by Axl in this incarnation of the band:

Thanks, guys, some of that stuff is really good; Axl's voice in that This I Love vid is classic and the above version of Better is awesome too. I'm still not a big fan of them doing the older stuff though, that first vid of Nightrain just sounded like a wall of mushy guitars, which is what a lot of the classic stuff sounds like to me with the new line-ups and even as a guitarist myself I don't like that haha! Saw them aaaaages ago in London w/Bucket and would like to see them again soon out of curiosity, but can't be bothered waiting about 3 hours before they get on stage!

Thanks again!

Thanks, guys, some of that stuff is really good; Axl's voice in that This I Love vid is classic and the above version of Better is awesome too. I'm still not a big fan of them doing the older stuff though, that first vid of Nightrain just sounded like a wall of mushy guitars, which is what a lot of the classic stuff sounds like to me with the new line-ups and even as a guitarist myself I don't like that haha! Saw them aaaaages ago in London w/Bucket and would like to see them again soon out of curiosity, but can't be bothered waiting about 3 hours before they get on stage!

Thanks again!

You're welcome. I'd go for it if I was you, they're well worth the wait. Youtube videos usually do awful things to the guitar mix, having been to see them live I can say the guitars usually sound great on the old songs and are much more full and clear than on vids.

Edited by Flayer

Thanks again!

You're welcome. I'd go for it if I was you, they're well worth the wait. Youtube videos usually do awful things to the guitar mix, having been to see them live I can say the guitars usually sound great on the old songs and are much more full and clear than on vids.

Flayer!

Agreed about the UTube sound quality,less than ideal and you lose the separation.

Can't be bothered to wait three hours? Why is everyone so anal about time?