This is Guns N Roses in 2012

Axl Rose Husband

"Is is the music that determines whether it can be labelled as "Guns n' Roses"

Wrong.

why?

To be honest, nothing can argued against whether this is GN'R, it is indeed Guns N' Roses, like it or not...

You CAN define whether it's Guns N' Roses to you personlly, but you can't take it further than that, because Axl owns the name, so in 2012, this band IS indeed Guns N' Roses... just an evolution of it's former self in 1987.

;)

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is OK to now say that you are officially insane.

Your last two sentences might be the most ridiculous sentences ever written on this forum.

you're a psychiatrist? give me a query :tongue2:

LOVE you TOO :krider:

watch yourself Groghan, once she starts loving you, it gets hilarious. :tongue2:

How ridiculous of you. 26 fucking thousand posts in, and you post shit like that. Grow a pair of balls and get some integrity and self respect. You sound like a 6 year old.

Guns has evolved enough, doesn't need to be associated to the past .. The band is amazing and all the fans are really happy!!!!

We are so excited about the upcoming tour!!!

Fucking hell I can't wait until Soul Monster sees that! He'll have a fucking nerdgasm! :lol:

I expect more from you.

No kidding! How can someone post shit like that without thinking they sound like a complete idiot. Not me anyway

Guns N Roses are what YOU make it. If you don't consider this band Guns N Roses, than it's not and there's nothing anyone can say or do to change your mind. Axl owning the name doesn't change it, nothing does. If you feel this IS Guns N Roses? Than it is.

It's up for debate and it's up for argument. Unfortunately, said debate and argument will probably go on until we're all dead lol

Guns N Roses are what YOU make it. If you don't consider this band Guns N Roses, than it's not and there's nothing anyone can say or do to change your mind. Axl owning the name doesn't change it, nothing does. If you feel this IS Guns N Roses? Than it is.

It's up for debate and it's up for argument. Unfortunately, said debate and argument will probably go on until we're all dead lol

Agreed!

That is why it bugs me when people tout their opinions like it is fact and are unable to have a conversation without bashing former/current band members or forum members. This is an argument that nobody will win, and nobody will convince the other side that they are "wrong"

Yes, just like everything else is up for debate, like e.g. whether the Earth revolves around the Sun.

Fact is, of course, that the current band is Guns N' Roses because Axl owns the name, the band members say so, and no one but some scorned ex-fans deny it; and fact is that the Earth revolves around the Sun. But yes, morons may discuss these things as much as they want.

what the hell is the matter with all of you? Either you're sucking on Axl's tits or it's slash's knob. That's pretty fucked up IMO. That whole divisive mentality here is just ridiculous. It's a FACT that what got GNR on the map were the classic 5 lineup. Axl. Slash. Izzy. Duff. Steven. Each brought their touch that made the songs the way they were. Axl and Slash worked well together musically because Axl's artistic genius was filtered through Slash's inherent rock n roll groove. When you separate them all you get pieces that are good but not quite the magic that composes of the sum of the parts. Chinese Democracy is a fantastic album but it's often too far out to really be accepted by mainstream. Slash puts out solid rock n roll albums but they don't really go beyond that. Duff is a punk guy and Steven for all his fuckups is really a kid at heart and that's what makes his drumming so much joy to listen to. Izzy of course is an amazing songwriter who just has the cool about him at every turn. When they came together in the 80s it was just magic. This is also why I, despite loving the old band, don't want a reunion. That same chemistry might not be there. It's not quite there with the current GNR lineup either and this isn't a slight against the musicians there. I love Ron, DJ, Dizzy, Brain, Rich and Tommy. They're fantastic players, but the working dynamic is just not the same as with the classic lineup. They are hired under the boss Axl. This qualitatively changes the way music is made and the way band functions. Axl is a nutcase, but he's also not a moron. He has his reasons for doing things his way, and for that even though I was disappointed with the way RRHOF transpired I couldn't really stay mad for long. What do I want to see? Just for Axl and Slash to reconcile. A tall order, I know, but that's really all I want. Maybe Slash could pop in as a guest once in a while, that kinda thing.

My point really is that you guys fighting over AXL vs. SLASH and all that malarkey are just completely insane. You guys are just being fucking jive ass turkeys man. Enjoy the music. Stop the bullshit and instead rock n roll.

what the hell is the matter with all of you? Either you're sucking on Axl's tits or it's slash's knob. That's pretty fucked up IMO. That whole divisive mentality here is just ridiculous. It's a FACT that what got GNR on the map were the classic 5 lineup. Axl. Slash. Izzy. Duff. Steven. Each brought their touch that made the songs the way they were. Axl and Slash worked well together musically because Axl's artistic genius was filtered through Slash's inherent rock n roll groove. When you separate them all you get pieces that are good but not quite the magic that composes of the sum of the parts. Chinese Democracy is a fantastic album but it's often too far out to really be accepted by mainstream. Slash puts out solid rock n roll albums but they don't really go beyond that. Duff is a punk guy and Steven for all his fuckups is really a kid at heart and that's what makes his drumming so much joy to listen to. Izzy of course is an amazing songwriter who just has the cool about him at every turn. When they came together in the 80s it was just magic. This is also why I, despite loving the old band, don't want a reunion. That same chemistry might not be there. It's not quite there with the current GNR lineup either and this isn't a slight against the musicians there. I love Ron, DJ, Dizzy, Brain, Rich and Tommy. They're fantastic players, but the working dynamic is just not the same as with the classic lineup. They are hired under the boss Axl. This qualitatively changes the way music is made and the way band functions. Axl is a nutcase, but he's also not a moron. He has his reasons for doing things his way, and for that even though I was disappointed with the way RRHOF transpired I couldn't really stay mad for long. What do I want to see? Just for Axl and Slash to reconcile. A tall order, I know, but that's really all I want. Maybe Slash could pop in as a guest once in a while, that kinda thing.

My point really is that you guys fighting over AXL vs. SLASH and all that malarkey are just completely insane. You guys are just being fucking jive ass turkeys man. Enjoy the music. Stop the bullshit and instead rock n roll.

Shut up and eat your pizza.