This is Guns N Roses in 2012

Axl Rose Husband

The HOF wasn't anything special.

It sounded like another Slash + Myles show. Sorry.

of course .. and the mercenary used the name of the band to promote his upcoming album .... shameful :tongue2:

So it is OK for the current band to make a living off of songs they didn't create..........but the people who actually created and made GnR what they are today, those guys are not allowed to reference GnR? Wow.

And explain to me your sentence. Why is it shameful? Slash was elected into the HOF. He was asked to come perform. He helped create the most famous GnR songs of all time. How exactly is he a mercenary or a doing something shameful?

Slash is having a good time, he is performing music that his fans love.

While your idol sat at home. While you sat at home - NOT hearing your favorite singer perform.

So to you - the behind the scenes drama is more important than actually hearing your favorite singer perform. THat's what is so creepy about your obsession. You claim all you care about is the music, but then you praise Axl for not performing music, and you bash other people who perform music.

Serious question. Is there anything in the world that Axl could do that would make you say a negative word about him? We know the beating up women thing doesn't bother you (they probably deserved it, right?). The cancelled shows, the late start times, not putting out new music, the fights, berating fans, etc .....you are cool with all that stuff. Is there anything he could do that you wouldn't praise?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy shit, first time i see that SCOM video from RRHOF... that was amazing

Inturments properly tuned

High Notes

Slash playing around the outro solo (letting loose)

perfect timming, no pauses..

and Myles nailed it...

that was kick ass!

It really, really was. "Sweet Child" is a song Myles can completely nail. And hearing Popcorn's drumming with Slash and Duff was great. Man.

To those that also say Slash didn't do any good solos outside of GnR, I could point them to several examples where he did. But i'll pick one.

Slash did a guest appearance on a Michael Jackson song, Give In To Me, in the early 90's and I personally think it is his best performance on another artists song that he has ever done.

The video below is the INSTRUMENTAL of Give In To Me.

The first, short, simple solo is from 2:17 to 2:37. The 2nd solo is from 3:27 to about 4:50. The part from 4:08 onwards is the best bit of the whole song imo. FYI Slash doesn't play all of the guitar parts in this song. The simple picked riff was played by someone else, but the heavier riffs and obviously the solos were played by Slash.

Wow, man, I never gave much attention to this song. Thank you. I agree it's a cool solo. I really like that little one at 2:17. Gonna buy this song.

of course .. and the mercenary used the name of the band to promote his upcoming album .... shameful :tongue2:

No he didn't. Nothing about his new album was mentioned at the HOF.

if it were not so, Duff had sung, for respect :shrugs:

Whenever Axl doesn't make fans wait 1-2 hours and he actually rehearse his ass before the gigs, we talk about respect, alright? ;)

No he didn't. Nothing about his new album was mentioned at the HOF.

if it were not so, Duff had sung, for respect :shrugs:

Duff wouldn't be able to hit the notes in any of the songs. It would have been a disaster if Duff had sang.

Duff wouldn't be able to hit the notes in any of the songs. It would have been a disaster if Duff had sang.

I don't think it would have been worse ... because it was shit :tongue2:

If you think it was shit, you lose the right to an opinion. It was a nice performance. I could understand if you said you personally didn't care for it, but shit? Those guys sounded better musically than the current Guns lineup, including Myles' vocals on that particular song.

What would Duff have sung then Angeles? He can't hit any of the high notes it takes to sing the songs they performed. And I don't think So Fine would satisfy that audience. Myles was a fine choice, I feel that he did a solid job

If you think it was shit, you lose the right to an opinion. It was a nice performance. I could understand if you said you personally didn't care for it, but shit? Those guys sounded better musically than the current Guns lineup, including Myles' vocals on that particular song.

Agreed. Myles did a fantastic job.

Angeles, why do you hate the guys from the original line up so much? Specially Slash. I just don't understand what they possibly could have done for you to hate them so much. :shrugs:

Edited by Chloe

Angeles, why do you hate the guys from the original line up so much? Specially Slash. I just don't understand what they possibly could have done for you to hate them so much. :shrugs:

I don't hate them ... I love their work until they left the band .. after this .. and now they live for what they were ... I consider them mercenaries ...

I didn't like that none of them thanked the founding members of the band, without them they had never been there .. I consider disrespectful bring the singer of the band of one of them .. and more and more

Who the fuck are you to take anyone's opinion away? Nobody, that's right. Just some pathetic whiner on an internet forum.

Who the fuck are you to take anyone's opinion away? Nobody, that's right. Just some pathetic whiner on an internet forum.

OK, I guess I should have said his opinion then doesn't matter. There was nothing "shit" about that performance. People need to learn how to be a bit more objective here.

OK, I guess I should have said his opinion then doesn't matter. There was nothing "shit" about that performance. People need to learn how to be a bit more objective here.

Doesn't matter to you. I think Miles (sp?) did a shit job myself. The only one I found really impressive was Steven. Duff did great as usual and Slash was Slash. I found nothing very special there.

Nothing that makes me care about a reunion any more or less than I did before anyway.

Doesn't matter to you. I think Miles (sp?) did a shit job myself. The only one I found really impressive was Steven. Duff did great as usual and Slash was Slash. I found nothing very special there.

Nothing that makes me care about a reunion any more or less than I did before anyway.

Why does it have to make you care about a reunion?

As I said, this forum needs a little objectivity. People can be such blind fanaticals. OK, fine. You thought Myles was shit at the HoF. Keep on keepin' on.

Nothing any of the pre-1993 members has done comes even remotely close to this:

See the rest of the playlist:

It has nothing to do with who has rights to the name. It has nothing to with who is in the band.

It is about the music!

Is is the music that determines whether it can be labelled as "Guns n' Roses".

Some seem to think that if the pre-1993 GnR got back together that some how they would be able to give us music that can even come remotely close to what we have with the Chinese Democracy era.

Not a chance! That is why they all quit on GnR in the first place. The pre-1993 band couldn't make music anymore that is worthy of being called "Guns n Roses".

And when you listen to everybody's discography, only Axl Rose has been able to deliver us music that is worthy of the name "Guns n' Roses". The music and live performances we are getting right now is definitely worthy of being called "Guns n Roses".

Axl has proven that he has every right to call the music "Guns N Roses".

When Axl Rose can no longer give us what we see in these videos, that is when "Guns n' Roses" should end. And his time is far from over.

Dude! Fuckin A! I totally agree. I think Axl Rose has picked amazing talented musicians to be the new GNR. He's happy and it shows in his performance and the band's too. Time to move on just like Axl Rose has.

Nothing can take away the original members of GNR, but their time is over and I agree that Axl is GNR and hopefully will be for a long time to come.

I don't hate them ... I love their work until they left the band .. after this .. and now they live for what they were ... I consider them mercenaries ...

I didn't like that none of them thanked the founding members of the band, without them they had never been there .. I consider disrespectful bring the singer of the band of one of them .. and more and more

I can understand that. But what should they have done instead? No one sounds like Axl and they had to find a singer with such short notice. Myles was very humble about the whole thing.

Forget about a reunion. No one is asking for it. You seem to be obsessed with it

Myles' voice annoy the fuck out of me. I hate when he hits the highest notes with no power. It sounds awful, pathetic. Also whats better musically about that performance? Countless cover bands play the song the way it was played at HOF. There was nothing new. Now if you ask me how many bands play the way Guns plays now I'll answer none. At least the main solo where Ron plays some licks that were never there and then switches to the wah wah bit while Ashba plays rhythm. The three guitar attack also gives the song a more aggressive edge. The rest of the song sounds the same, but Axls vocals - especially on the outro - make the song much better.

Why does it have to make you care about a reunion?

As I said, this forum needs a little objectivity. People can be such blind fanaticals. OK, fine. You thought Myles was shit at the HoF. Keep on keepin' on.

That was kind of my whole point wasn't it? Instead of taking opinions away and nullifying the validity of them; shouldn't you just "keep on keepin' on"?

I was pretty objective in stating what I liked and didn't like in the performance.

Where are you showing any by telling people their opinion doesn't matter just because it doesn't fall in line with what you want it to?

I can understand that. But what should they have done instead? No one sounds like Axl and they had to find a singer with such short notice. Myles was very humble about the whole thing.

Exactly. And any big name(Tyler et al) woulda stole the show in a way. I'm sure Axl now despises Myles...just add him to the list. Slash, Steven, Cobain, Mick Wall, Myles....Everly, Seymour.....etc.....

I agree. Plus, Steven Tyler can't hit those high notes anymore. He recently butchered the u.s. national anthem on national tv.

Myles' voice annoy the fuck out of me. I hate when he hits the highest notes with no power. It sounds awful, pathetic. Also whats better musically about that performance? Countless cover bands play the song the way it was played at HOF. There was nothing new. Now if you ask me how many bands play the way Guns plays now I'll answer none. At least the main solo where Ron plays some licks that were never there and then switches to the wah wah bit while Ashba plays rhythm. The three guitar attack also gives the song a more aggressive edge. The rest of the song sounds the same, but Axls vocals - especially on the outro - make the song much better.

Eh? Your talking in cliches "Three guitar attack" "a more aggressive edge" Most people wouldnt have read what you posted, and those who did will have forgotten it within minutes just like all my posts.

Also what is "the fuck" and how can Myles annoy it out of you? Where was "the fuck" before Myles got to it?

What's new about the current lineup playing a song that's over 25 years old? Because it has more guitars and and BF switched it up a bit? So did Slash at the HoF performance. Did you even watch it?

It just seems like too many people are reaching.

For me, Myles is sort of love-hate as well. I agree with you that he doesn't have that power vocal that Axl USED to have. But what you said about Myles lacking power ... have you HEARD Axl's live performances lately? His voice is as thin as the Colorado air.

The performance at the HoF, to me, sounds more Guns N' Roses than this current lineup. The chemistry between the three is still there. I don't know. Maybe it's intangible. But it sounded so cool.

In response to Damn Smooth, my response about not deserving an opinion came from the comment about it being shit. There was no explanation at that point. It just sounded like blind fanboyism. As I've stated, you can say you don't like it, and you can say why you don't like it. You can do whatever the F you want. But to discredit that performance (even in the low quality audio/video we saw) seems rather silly. It was a fun performance. I thought it was an awesome performance. But hey, I just like seeing the guys who wrote the music actually play their songs.

Edited by GnR Chris

What's new about the current lineup playing a song that's over 25 years old? Because it has more guitars and and BF switched it up a bit? So did Slash at the HoF performance. Did you even watch it?

It just seems like too many people are reaching.

For me, Myles is sort of love-hate as well. I agree with you that he doesn't have that power vocal that Axl USED to have. But what you said about Myles lacking power ... have you HEARD Axl's live performances lately? His voice is as thin as the Colorado air.

The performance at the HoF, to me, sounds more Guns N' Roses than this current lineup. The chemistry between the three is still there. I don't know. Maybe it's intangible. But it sounded so cool.

In response to Damn Smooth, my response about not deserving an opinion came from the comment about it being shit. There was no explanation at that point. It just sounded like blind fanboyism. As I've stated, you can say you don't like it, and you can say why you don't like it. You can do whatever the F you want. But to discredit that performance (even in the low quality audio/video we saw) seems rather silly. It was a fun performance. I thought it was an awesome performance. But hey, I just like seeing the guys who wrote the music actually play their songs.

Obviously you quit paying attention before the last half of the UCAP tour because Axl put out some great performances of damn near every song. I'm not going to bombardment you with YouTube clips but Miles never came anywhere close to that.

To say that every performance of Axl in 2012 was shit is very unobjective and just plain wrong.

would have been worthy, take the stand, humbly thank, remember those who started the band, recognize themself as the classic lineup, not the original .. and thank those who keep the band alive, after they left

some jam ... that would be so cool

these former members present at the Hall .. treated as hacks the current members, & they forget that they are replacements, pretend to be respected when they don't respect .. there were other musicians before them

seek respect for their contributions and aren't able to recognize they are replacements too, two of the original members left their "names" in the band (talking about Axl & Tracii), wich they use for their own benefit, & weren't able to recognize

have you seen how good the current members treat the old ones when they hit the stage?? or when they are asked in an interview??

they should take lessons in "dignity" with the current members of GN'R

I don't like the arrogance of these people ... I consider them mercenaries, sold to the highest bidder, without dignity ..

Edited by Angeles_