This is Guns N Roses in 2012

Axl Rose Husband

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know man...

Jimmy Page is a legend too but I wouldn't want him to play with LMFAO just because "he can"...

I'm aware of that song : it rocks but that might have something to do with Puff Daddy not sucking or Kashmir being fantastic to begin with...

Point is : can you picture something just as good coming from LMFAO or the BEP ?

Yeah, I get what you're saying. A lot of people associate credibility with Puff Daddy. Dude, you're clearly not a Zeppelin fan 'cause this version blows.

The point is, once an artist reaches the legendary status, he/she can play with whoever they want without having to worry about their credibility.

This is Guns N' Roses. No if, and's, or buts.

57558842565755746080719.jpg

1x lead singer from Guns N'Roses

1x lead guitarist from Six A.M.

1x bass player from The Replacements

1x keyboard player from SexTapes

1x drummer from The Psychedelic Furs

1x keyboard player Dizzy Reed

1x guitarist Bumble

1x guitarist Richard Fortus

It takes a lot of musicans these days to perfrom Sweet Child O' Mine :D

Edited by vaida

The point is, once an artist reaches the legendary status, he/she can play with whoever they want without having to worry about their credibility.

And my point was : yes he/she can play with whoever they want but :

-Slash feat. Cypress Hill doing "Rock Superstar" live = pwnsome

-Slash feat. BEP doing "SCOM BEP Remix" live = pure shit

Sure, Slash will always be Slash regardless but he could also be a little more picky...

I mean, as much as I don't want to start an argument, I can't understand why he would be so reticent to give Chinese Democracy a try with Axl Rose but so eager to fuck SCOM in the ass at the superbowl with, out of all bands, the BEPs.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

I think it is OK to now say that you are officially insane.

Your last two sentences might be the most ridiculous sentences ever written on this forum.

you're a psychiatrist? give me a query :tongue2:

LOVE you TOO :krider:

oohhh ... GN'R Tour 2012 starts again soon ... very soon !!! I'm soooooo happyyyyyyyy :wub:

Edited by Angeles_

looks like a soccer team

..and not the happiest team either.

Axl looks like Cartman as a cop - "Respect mah athoritah!!!"

And you sound like a jealous guttersniping adolescent. ;)

Yeah, I get what you're saying. A lot of people associate credibility with Puff Daddy. Dude, you're clearly not a Zeppelin fan 'cause this version blows.

Check out the instrumental version. Really good. Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine) played bass on it.

1x guitarist Bumble

No shit. I saw these guys and they were solid/fine, but why do we need 8 people?

Who are you referring to as "We?"

1x guitarist Bumble

And they all kick ass live.

I just googled Guns N' Roses and first match was

sitepic.jpg

After that there were dozens of pages of the same band in the above pic. You must be getting faulse information somewhere. Maybe you have a Lebeis filtering system in your PC too?

Edited by izzydoezit

I think it is OK to now say that you are officially insane.

Your last two sentences might be the most ridiculous sentences ever written on this forum.

you're a psychiatrist? give me a query :tongue2:

LOVE you TOO :krider:

watch yourself Groghan, once she starts loving you, it gets hilarious. :tongue2:

Why do you always resort to arguing semantics to score cheap points when you lack a proper argument?

My argument that I don't like you talking on behalf of "the fans" is quite proper.

By your rational it's never valid to talk about a group collective without canvassing the opinion of every single member of that group which is clearly nonsensical. The phrase "the fans" was intended to mean the vast majority of fans of the band Guns n' Roses. This was how it was meant and how it was no doubt understood by pretty much everybody else involved in the discussion. Once again you clearly knew that I wasn't speaking for every single fan as that is not possible in any scenario at all ever.

We are not talking about an insignificant amount of dissenters, we are talking about a huge subgroup of fans who disagree with you and didn't want to hear Myles at the HOF. Saying that "the fans" wanted to hear Myles is just not warranted considering this division, and in fact, using such terms deliberately when you could easily have said "many fans", "most fans", "a majority of fans" and so on, suggest an intention to misrepresent reality.

If you sincerely believe that it is enough to have some narrow majority, then you surely won't disagree with the following statements:

"The US citizens are Caucasians"

"People in Europe believe in the Christian god"

"GN'R fans think Chinese Democracy was a poor record"

These are all statements that quite probably covers the majority of individuals in the group we are talking about, but are blanket statements that reflect to take into account the complexity of the issues and the large subgroups that are not included in the statement and would probably vehemently oppose to them.

If you want to talk about implied meaning then that's entirely subjective and a matter of opinion but the simple English of the sentences I typed made no mention of referring to "every fan" so just stop acting like a frustrated English teacher will ya?

It is not my fault you

a) can't express yourself precisely

or

B) deliberately try to distort reality to serve whatever agenda you have.

The scenario you propose woudn't bear comparison because that isn't the majority opinion whether you believe it to be so or not.

The only scenario I am proposing is that you stop talking on behalf of "the fans", because you have proven to be really bad at it.

If you can't see how it would be more acceptable to say "the fans" wanted to see the original band reunite than "the fans" think that Slash is solely responsible for the collapse of the UYI lineup" then I can't really help you there I'm afraid. "The fans" and by that I mean the VAST MAJORITY, just before you take out your red marker to correct me again, were wanting to see a performance by the original lineup at the HOF and that's just undeniable.

I thought we were talking about seeing Myles up on stage, not seeing the AFD lineup reunite...Are you trying to skew the discussion into an area where you think you have a better case?

The fact that Axl didn't turn up made that impossible so the remaining original members did what they could to do something for the fans, their fans, Guns n' Roses fans, the fans who put them there on that night and to whom this meant something as a celebration of a legacy sadly discounted by many of the blinkered sycophants who would follow Axl facedown over broken glass with their flies unzipped.

This fan would have preferred to see them perform some songs with Duff on vocals or perhaps a blues jam, rather than invite Myles up on stage with his godawful voice.

The guys in the current band are an impressive bunch of musicians, but none of them have reached the iconic level that Slash and the classic GNR lineup has. Slash can play with whoever he wants because he's achieved legendary status. DJ and Ron might get their some day, but they've got some ways to go in releasing iconic and ubiquitous rock anthems.

I disagree with you, I believe any musician should be able to play with whoever he decides, completely independent of his popularity or status, and that the result should not be judged on who he plays with, but entirely on the musical result.

Slash was at the Hall Of Fame to pay respect to Axl and Izzy

He was? How strange that he didn't mention Axl and Izzy by name once then, nor defended Axl when he was booed. That Slash guy sure has a weird way of paying respects!

The guys in the current band are an impressive bunch of musicians, but none of them have reached the iconic level that Slash and the classic GNR lineup has. Slash can play with whoever he wants because he's achieved legendary status. DJ and Ron might get their some day, but they've got some ways to go in releasing iconic and ubiquitous rock anthems.

I disagree with you, I believe any musician should be able to play with whoever he decides, completely independent of his popularity or status, and that the result should not be judged on who he plays with, but entirely on the musical result.

Slash was at the Hall Of Fame to pay respect to Axl and Izzy

He was? How strange that he didn't mention Axl and Izzy by name once then, nor defended Axl when he was booed. That Slash guy sure has a weird way of paying respects!

Dude, first, your posts are hilarious.

In some way, yes, Slash was there to pay respect to Axl and Izzy, because they were part of the original, one more time, ORIGINAL line-up of GnR and Slash was there to pay respect to that group of people and fans of that group of people. If that's not respect enough, I guess it's better than writing letters, at least.