This is Guns N Roses in 2012

Axl Rose Husband

Whats even more pathetic is saying one or two notes is "fucking up a song". really? I didnt even notice it the first time i heard it, and i doubt the audience did either. that motherfucker WROTE THAT SOLO, what does ashba or BBF have that even begins to compare to that? lets get real for a second, SCOM is almost always, along with NR considered to be the best GNR solo, if not best solo of all time. Its constantly ranked up there with Stairway to Heaven. BBF and Ashba, sorry to say, will never receive that honor. so choke on that.

And you know this how? Let's not forget that Slash hasn't wrote a single thing that will ever be considered legendary since his departure from GN'R. Give these guys a chance to release an album before judging.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats even more pathetic is saying one or two notes is "fucking up a song". really? I didnt even notice it the first time i heard it, and i doubt the audience did either. that motherfucker WROTE THAT SOLO, what does ashba or BBF have that even begins to compare to that? lets get real for a second, SCOM is almost always, along with NR considered to be the best GNR solo, if not best solo of all time. Its constantly ranked up there with Stairway to Heaven. BBF and Ashba, sorry to say, will never receive that honor. so choke on that.

And you know this how? Let's not forget that Slash hasn't wrote a single thing that will ever be considered legendary since his departure from GN'R. Give these guys a chance to release an album before judging.

They arent getting any younger. Slash had multiple ablums of "legendary" gnr material, 2 snakepit albums and 2 albums from a grammy award winning band and countless guest appearances before anyone even heard of these guys.

I'd say Ashba and BBF have quite the work set out for them. Best get to work boys.

Edited by cliffburton

If I would be up for playing mean, I might say that fans of the original line up are so angry with axl because he wont reuinte just because they know what you just said: they are angry with axl because they know slash cannot make anything worthwhile without him :)

axl fans do not want a reunion because they are satisfied with what they're getting from axl now and don't need the other guys. pretty clear to me

Edited by the rush

If I would be up for playing mean, I might say that fans of the original line up are so angry with axl because he wont reuinte just because they know what you just said: they are angry with axl because they know slash cannot make anything worthwhile without him :)

Both snakepit albums and some VR songs are worthwhile to me. So was the Street Child solo, pretty amazing. I'd say its Axl who hasnt wrote anything worthwhile. just my opinion. but obviously i prefer them to come together in the ideal situation.

Edited by cliffburton

Both snakepit albums and some VR songs are worthwhile to me. So was the Street Child solo, pretty amazing. I'd say its Axl who hasnt wrote anything worthwhile. just my opinion. but obviously i prefer them to come together in the ideal situation.

that was a joke. I was jokingly trying to understand how come slash fans want the reunion and Axl fans do not :thumbsup:

in my previous post I thing I pretty much covered the field of differences in musical taste

Let's not forget that Slash hasn't wrote a single thing that will ever be considered legendary since his departure from GN'R.

well, that's certainly not something for you to claim in such an objective manner, but even if it were the case: so what? he proved himself in the past. people who try to discredit slash by saying he hasn't created anything 'legendary' since GN'R seem oblivious to the fact that 99% of the world would say the same about axl.

i'm not defending one over the other or what-have-you. just pointing out the bleedin' obvious to people who try to disillusion themselves (there might be a pun there, who knows).

Let's not forget that Slash hasn't wrote a single thing that will ever be considered legendary since his departure from GN'R.

well, that's certainly not something for you to claim in such an objective manner, but even if it were the case: so what? he proved himself in the past. people who try to discredit slash by saying he hasn't created anything 'legendary' since GN'R seem oblivious to the fact that 99% of the world would say the same about axl.

i'm not defending one over the other or what-have-you. just pointing out the bleedin' obvious to people who try to disillusion themselves (there might be a pun there, who knows).

I would have to agree with you that Axl hasn't produced anything legendary either. I haven't seen anything from Snakepit, VR, solo Slash or CD mentioned in any best of anything list. That isn't subjective at all.

What is subjective is that I happen to like CD more than anything Slash has done. That is my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

Until you can find me one thing that puts any Slash output up there with the likes of the Stones, Zeppelin, Beatles, classic GN'R; there was not one thing subjective about my original post.

I would have to agree with you that Axl hasn't produced anything legendary either. I haven't seen anything from Snakepit, VR, solo Slash or CD mentioned in any best of anything list. That isn't subjective at all.

What is subjective is that I happen to like CD more than anything Slash has done. That is my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

Until you can find me one thing that puts any Slash output up there with the likes of the Stones, Zeppelin, Beatles, classic GN'R; there was not one thing subjective about my original post.

I would have to agree with you that Axl hasn't produced anything legendary either.

I didn't say I was part of the 99%. ;)

I really like Chinese Democracy. I also really like a lot of Velvet Revolver's material. I love "Street of Dreams." I also quite enjoy, say, "Loving the Alien," as far as ballads go.

It takes time to evaluate material. The reason people will always be hesitant to elevate any of Slash, Axl or co.'s future material to the height of (original) GN'R's is simply that they will always be immediately compared to the retrospective heights of GN'R's best material. I think a track like "Mother Maria" from Slash is fucking great, but, of course, if I directly compare it to the 20-year-old-plus songs he did from his most famous band that impacted the world so heavily, it might come up a little short. Doesn't mean it isn't a great fucking song.

Ditto for Axl. None of them will ever live up to their work with GN'R, even if they put out the next White Album, simply because they are who they are, and their songs mean a lot to people, and have for too many years for people to openly accept the newer stuff, especially since the people who are going out of their way to listen these days are already older and already grew up on the older material and thus this isn't the first time they've heard these amazing musicians play, and let's face it, hearing them for the first time was part of what made them so fucking brilliant; and so whenever people claim that they haven't done anything 'legendary' in such-and-such years, it's a DOA argument. Worthless and futile.

Edited by Estranged Reality

I love the current line-up, but damn those HoF videos sound good. It's a two way street though. Those songs don't sound as good without Axl, but at the same time the current line-up can't quite get the music and the feeling right as Duff, Slash and Steven do.

I would have to agree with you that Axl hasn't produced anything legendary either.

I really like Chinese Democracy. I also really like a lot of Velvet Revolver's material. I love "Street of Dreams." I also quite enjoy, say, "Loving the Alien," as far as ballads go.

It takes time to evaluate material. The reason people will always be hesitant to elevate any of Slash, Axl or co.'s future material to the height of (original) GN'R's is simply that they will always be immediately compared to the retrospective heights of GN'R's best material. I think a track like "Mother Maria" from Slash is fucking great, but, of course, if I directly compare it to the 20-year-old-plus songs he did from his most famous band that impacted the world so heavily, it might come up a little short. Doesn't mean it isn't a great fucking song.

Ditto for Axl. None of them will ever live up to their work with GN'R, even if they put out the next White Album, simply because they are who they are, and their songs mean a lot to people, and have for too many years for people to openly accept the newer stuff, especially since the people who are going out of their way to listen these days are already older and already grew up on the older material and thus this isn't the first time they've heard these amazing musicians play, and let's face it, hearing them for the first time was part of what made them so fucking brilliant; and so whenever people claim that they haven't done anything 'legendary' in such-and-such years, it's a DOA argument. Worthless and futile.

You might be right. Then again, the new band could come out with the next thing that revolutionizes rock music. Now, I highly doubt that that will happen; but stranger things have occurred.

The band who played at the ceromony is GN'R in 2012.

And it's not only my opinion, it's the opinion of 76% of the 61k+ people who voted on the poll of TMZ.

Eh no. The people on TMZ voted on who deserves the name, not who owns that name.

title says The real guns n roses....slash's group or axl's group.

You won't get far in life from only reading titles. The text says:

A judge already ruled that Axl owns the name Guns N' Roses ... and he still tours under the the GNR banner ... but who DESERVES the title? Axl and his band ... or Slash, Duff, Steven and the replacement?

Slash should have listened to Nancy Reagan and just said NO. But, he didn't. In his sober state he now probably thinks, as most of his fans certainly wish that he had, that he should have had stuck to his guns as far as the rights to the name went.

Axl, as Howard Stern rightly gives him props for, managed to keep the name despite being 'crazy' as BJ Armstrong and a lot of people think. It's the reason why he can do a no-show at the HOF and still come out on top.

Edited by The Archer

When you look at it, we're all fans of this big family we call GN'R and they have put out the most phenomenal music together as a band and separately in their individual efforts. We can only be so lucky so many great musicians have come to mix their flavor into the this twisted band. I like one flavor, you like other. Who cares, all that shit tastes good right?

You might be right. Then again, the new band could come out with the next thing that revolutionizes rock music. Now, I highly doubt that that will happen; but stranger things have occurred.

no offense at all to you, but that's sort of my point. they COULD revolutionize rock (which, yeah, probably won't happen), but it still wouldn't resonate with fans because of the reasons i mentioned.

thanks for the nice discussion though. refreshing not to be instantly berated.

When you look at it, we're all fans of this big family we call GN'R and they have put out the most phenomenal music together as a band and separately in their individual efforts. We can only be so lucky so many great musicians have come to mix their flavor into the this twisted band. I like one flavor, you like other. Who cares, all that shit tastes good right?

Yes. I agree, we should all be happy and grateful for all the great music we have received. If people could just let go of things that happened in the past and enjoy the fact that all members that made GN'R great are still alive and are releasing music, things would be much more supportive and friendly around here.

no offense at all to you, but that's sort of my point. they COULD revolutionize rock (which, yeah, probably won't happen), but it still wouldn't resonate with fans because of the reasons i mentioned.

the thing with Axl, and Slash and Duff and Izzy is that they already reached their peak in people's eyes.

they are not going to be bigger than what they already achieve. they conquer everything in a short period of time so in people's eyes that's as good as they'll ever get

they can only continue doing what they're doing, i'm sure Slash is in a happy place, Duff as well and Axl seems too.

but then again these guys are musicians, they are not in it to write the bet songs ever created, they just love playing their instruments and doing what they do and if people like it, good.

before that RRHOF thing Axl looked laidback and happy, smiling and all.

Slash is obviously enjoying his time

Duff is having a blast on his own

Izzy ... nobody knows but i guess he's doing what he wants.

so yeah for them there is no reason at all to get back together, there's no reason to look to achieve or emulate what they had in the past, they're just doing what they want and enjoying it.

sometimes we forget that's is us fans who give them their "status", and we already did to all of them.

Say this to Axl...

I don't think Ashba of BBF want to spend their remaining lives with playing in a cover band.

Btw your argument is fucking funny, because these guys NEVER EVER wrote legendary music.

Edited by Motivation

No offense taken, and you are very much welcome. I usually run around berating people left and right, but recently I've been working on a more sensible approach.

It's a work in progress, but its coming along.

Say this to Axl...

I don't think Ashba of BBF want to spend their remaining lives with playing in a cover band.

Then I assume you are happy that they both play their own material regularly, then (Bumbles playing his own part off CD and Dj playing his own solos), and that the band will presumably hit the recording studios after the touring to write original material.

I also expect you appreciate the fact that both Bumbles and Dj are autonomous human beings possessing free will and hence are able to leave for greener pastures whenever they want to.

I wonder what Axl's life would've ended up if he had just dropped the name. Not saying he should've or shouldn't have, just curious. Would he have caught as much flak? Do you think he would have had more personal freedom and less pressure to reunite? Would we probably have seen more music? I understand Axl has his convictions and I respect that. but I think the name carries a far bigger burden then he should have carried. I think everything would have turned out better for everyone. Looking back at all this HOF crap, I kinda feel bad for him sometimes. He's got his vision of music and he constantly gets trashed, must be hard on the guy. I love the guy personally and hope he pushes on, but I wish he woulda dropped that bag of bricks a long time ago.

Edited by cliffburton

Say this to Axl...

Then I assume you are happy that they both play their own material regularly, then (Bumbles playing his own part off CD and Dj playing his own solos), and that the band will presumably hit the recording studios after the touring to write original material.

appreciate the fact that both Bumbles and Dj are autonomous human beings possessing free will and hence are able to leave for greener pastures whenever they want to.

:sleeper:

I don't think we will get a new album in this decade, so...

But who knows? I really hope I'm not right

I also expect you

wtf is this? trying to pull out, i'm a hater or something? :rofl-lol:

wow, you actually went through those videos looking for literally a fraction of a second where slash didn't hit the (ostensibly) proper note.

No. I said that he screwed up the solos and some people said I was wrong. Would be easier to read what they said and understand why I posted this - not that it matters anyway.

@Bruno, BBF isnt doing anything new, this guy was doing that stuff in the 70s.....much younger and did it much better.

Better tone, style, technique, true amazing talent.

http://www.myspace.com/video/pedro/randy-rhoads-solos/101978659

btw, if someone can help me find the full version of that video, id appreciate it.

That guy is amazing, yeah, and actually influenced Ron as far as I know. But Ron's doing different stuff now, he's gone very, very far. If you think Ron ain't doing anything new, fine. But he is doing much more than what you think.

that motherfucker WROTE THAT SOLO, what does ashba or BBF have that even begins to compare to that? lets get real for a second, SCOM is almost always, along with NR considered to be the best GNR solo, if not best solo of all time. Its constantly ranked up there with Stairway to Heaven. BBF and Ashba, sorry to say, will never receive that honor. so choke on that.

Because mainstream recognizition means everything. Playing in a mainstream band should be where it's at - forget the musicality. Charts, numbers and airplay mean everything in music.

I'm not gonna argue with you since you already proved to not know a thing about his work, but ask a true rock musician or a guitarist about Ron's work. Ask Petrucci, Govan, Satriani, etc. His work was praised by so many of the greats that you'd be surprised.

Oh, and some of the solos on CD are at least as good - better to me - as Slash's previous work. I feel (very) sorry for you if you think that chart position or mainstream recognizition should be considered before saying how good a solo or song is.

Great music + Great lyrics....

What music has Axl written that doesn't involve piano?

Very little if any. Thus he relys on guitarists to help him write.

:rofl-lol: one of the funniest thing I've read in this forum :lol: please stop talking without knowing ... :kiss: you should be ashamed

Chris Pitman

..what a rare photo. Axl playing guitar on 'Maddy"live in Rio 2001, He wrote all the gtr parts, including lead gtr. I recorded him playing lots of awesome guitar parts back then, I don't think people know what an original and cool guitar player he really is,....those were fun times.

Also, Buckethead and Paul Tobias are truly awesome —

394817_2469713863081_1259393808_32099260_1886262847_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2469713863081&set=a.1251907658687.2035672.1259393808&type=3&theater

The band who played at the ceromony is GN'R in 2012.

And it's not only my opinion, it's the opinion of 76% of the 61k+ people who voted on the poll of TMZ.

I thought this band was a Cover band of GN'R ... (a bad one :tongue2: )

Edited by Angeles_