This is Guns N Roses in 2012

Axl Rose Husband

Duff wouldn't be able to hit the notes in any of the songs. It would have been a disaster if Duff had sang.

I don't think it would have been worse ... because it was shit :tongue2:

If you think it was shit, you lose the right to an opinion. It was a nice performance. I could understand if you said you personally didn't care for it, but shit? Those guys sounded better musically than the current Guns lineup, including Myles' vocals on that particular song.

Who the fuck are you to take anyone's opinion away? Nobody, that's right. Just some pathetic whiner on an internet forum.

OK, I guess I should have said his opinion then doesn't matter. There was nothing "shit" about that performance. People need to learn how to be a bit more objective here.

Myles' voice annoy the fuck out of me. I hate when he hits the highest notes with no power. It sounds awful, pathetic. Also whats better musically about that performance? Countless cover bands play the song the way it was played at HOF. There was nothing new. Now if you ask me how many bands play the way Guns plays now I'll answer none. At least the main solo where Ron plays some licks that were never there and then switches to the wah wah bit while Ashba plays rhythm. The three guitar attack also gives the song a more aggressive edge. The rest of the song sounds the same, but Axls vocals - especially on the outro - make the song much better.

What's new about the current lineup playing a song that's over 25 years old? Because it has more guitars and and BF switched it up a bit? So did Slash at the HoF performance. Did you even watch it?

It just seems like too many people are reaching.

For me, Myles is sort of love-hate as well. I agree with you that he doesn't have that power vocal that Axl USED to have. But what you said about Myles lacking power ... have you HEARD Axl's live performances lately? His voice is as thin as the Colorado air.

The performance at the HoF, to me, sounds more Guns N' Roses than this current lineup. The chemistry between the three is still there. I don't know. Maybe it's intangible. But it sounded so cool.

In response to Damn Smooth, my response about not deserving an opinion came from the comment about it being shit. There was no explanation at that point. It just sounded like blind fanboyism. As I've stated, you can say you don't like it, and you can say why you don't like it. You can do whatever the F you want. But to discredit that performance (even in the low quality audio/video we saw) seems rather silly. It was a fun performance. I thought it was an awesome performance. But hey, I just like seeing the guys who wrote the music actually play their songs.

Obviously you quit paying attention before the last half of the UCAP tour because Axl put out some great performances of damn near every song. I'm not going to bombardment you with YouTube clips but Miles never came anywhere close to that.

To say that every performance of Axl in 2012 was shit is very unobjective and just plain wrong.

I never said Axl was shit. Are you inventing stuff now? I said his voice lacks the power it used to.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duff wouldn't be able to hit the notes in any of the songs. It would have been a disaster if Duff had sang.

I don't think it would have been worse ... because it was shit :tongue2:

If you think it was shit, you lose the right to an opinion. It was a nice performance. I could understand if you said you personally didn't care for it, but shit? Those guys sounded better musically than the current Guns lineup, including Myles' vocals on that particular song.

Who the fuck are you to take anyone's opinion away? Nobody, that's right. Just some pathetic whiner on an internet forum.

OK, I guess I should have said his opinion then doesn't matter. There was nothing "shit" about that performance. People need to learn how to be a bit more objective here.

Myles' voice annoy the fuck out of me. I hate when he hits the highest notes with no power. It sounds awful, pathetic. Also whats better musically about that performance? Countless cover bands play the song the way it was played at HOF. There was nothing new. Now if you ask me how many bands play the way Guns plays now I'll answer none. At least the main solo where Ron plays some licks that were never there and then switches to the wah wah bit while Ashba plays rhythm. The three guitar attack also gives the song a more aggressive edge. The rest of the song sounds the same, but Axls vocals - especially on the outro - make the song much better.

What's new about the current lineup playing a song that's over 25 years old? Because it has more guitars and and BF switched it up a bit? So did Slash at the HoF performance. Did you even watch it?

It just seems like too many people are reaching.

For me, Myles is sort of love-hate as well. I agree with you that he doesn't have that power vocal that Axl USED to have. But what you said about Myles lacking power ... have you HEARD Axl's live performances lately? His voice is as thin as the Colorado air.

The performance at the HoF, to me, sounds more Guns N' Roses than this current lineup. The chemistry between the three is still there. I don't know. Maybe it's intangible. But it sounded so cool.

In response to Damn Smooth, my response about not deserving an opinion came from the comment about it being shit. There was no explanation at that point. It just sounded like blind fanboyism. As I've stated, you can say you don't like it, and you can say why you don't like it. You can do whatever the F you want. But to discredit that performance (even in the low quality audio/video we saw) seems rather silly. It was a fun performance. I thought it was an awesome performance. But hey, I just like seeing the guys who wrote the music actually play their songs.

Obviously you quit paying attention before the last half of the UCAP tour because Axl put out some great performances of damn near every song. I'm not going to bombardment you with YouTube clips but Miles never came anywhere close to that.

To say that every performance of Axl in 2012 was shit is very unobjective and just plain wrong.

I never said Axl was shit. Are you inventing stuff now? I said his voice lacks the power it used to.

Yeah, I guess that "thin as the Colorado air" doesn't mean shit exactly. Whatever. It's still not missing much of the power and is still light years beyond anything Miles will ever hope to come close to.

Angeles, why do you hate the guys from the original line up so much? Specially Slash. I just don't understand what they possibly could have done for you to hate them so much. :shrugs:

I don't hate them ... I love their work until they left the band .. after this .. and now they live for what they were ... I consider them mercenaries ...

I didn't like that none of them thanked the founding members of the band, without them they had never been there .. I consider disrespectful bring the singer of the band of one of them .. and more and more

I can understand that. But what should they have done instead? No one sounds like Axl and they had to find a singer with such short notice. Myles was very humble about the whole thing.

Exactly. And any big name(Tyler et al) woulda stole the show in a way. I'm sure Axl now despises Myles...just add him to the list. Slash, Steven, Cobain, Mick Wall, Myles....Everly, Seymour.....etc.....

I agree. Plus, Steven Tyler can't hit those high notes anymore. He recently butchered the u.s. national anthem on national tv.

There's no point in hitting the notes if you lack the timbre that it takes to sing those songs.

Axl is a much better singer than Miles.

Unfortunately, Axl chose to not honor his fans and show up, so the old guys had to pick somebody else to sing.

Miles is a great singer in his own right. Most people on this forum that hate him, do so because he is associated with Slash. And we all know that a true Axl fan only likes/dislikes things in regards to what Axl does.

2012 would be an awesome year if:

Axl and the current band, which is an amazing live band, got together, recorded, and released an album.

Slash's solo album is just as good as his last one.

VR finds a quality new singer and releases an album.

Van Halen just released an album. Aerosmith have one coming up soon.

2012 could be a pretty good year for rock music.

And, if the old band reunited now, there's no telling what kind of chemistry, if any, they would have.

Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp6vny8wngg

You mean like this? ^^^

I actually lost a lot of respect for Slash and Steven after this performance. With all the posturing leading up to this, and all the stuff said over the years, especially the comments by Steven about Axl hiring hacks, and that's not Guns N Roses...for them to use a different singer who has NEVER been in Guns N Roses to induct the band, Guns N Roses, that's just plain wrong. Even more wrong considering what the whole controversy is about and what a big deal Slash and Seven have made out of it over they years and leading up to this.

What they should have done, is played it without a singer.

No they shouldn't! This wasn't some grand conspiracy to promote Myles over Axl it was simply the best way to give the fans what they wanted after Axl refused to join in.

I never wanted it. Why are people always speaking on behalf of "the fans"?

No they shouldn't! This wasn't some grand conspiracy to promote Myles over Axl it was simply the best way to give the fans what they wanted after Axl refused to join in. Seriously you think that it would have been better if they just played an instrumental of SCOM? Myles is familiar with the songs, he's a decent humble guy who was willing to help out at short notice and it meant a lot to me as a fan of Guns n' Roses to see them on stage that night!

would have been respectable if all the musicians on stage were ex - members .. what they did was a circus :tongue2:

Edited by Angeles_

I never wanted it. Why are people always speaking on behalf of "the fans"?

Sorry I guess I should have been more specific and said either "real fans" or "fans of the real Guns n' Roses".

I am a fan of every lineup of Guns N' Roses, and especially the AFD lineup. That does not mean that I am a fan of Myles and that I would like to see him perform classic and beloved Guns N' Roses songs in Axl's absence. And this does not make me any less a fan, not that I care.

THIS is Guns N Roses. Raw, grimy, primal:

That WAS Guns n Roses.

But it's not 1987 anymore.

If the old band got back together they would fucking rip it up musically. We had a glimpse of it at the hall of fame. Sadly, it won't happen.

no they wouldn't, actually. Duff still has it, Axl has it on a good night, the rest of them should just quit and "get a real job", rock n roll doesn't live in them anymore. Slash is fucking pathetic nowadays.

THIS is Guns N Roses. Raw, grimy, primal:

That WAS Guns n Roses.

But it's not 1987 anymore.

If the old band got back together they would fucking rip it up musically. We had a glimpse of it at the hall of fame. Sadly, it won't happen.

no they wouldn't, actually. Duff still has it, Axl has it on a good night, the rest of them should just quit and "get a real job", rock n roll doesn't live in them anymore. Slash is fucking pathetic nowadays.

Joking, right?

would have been respectable if all the musicians on stage were ex - members .. what they did was a circus :tongue2:

exactly, well put

Well I would say that the vast majority of fans were happy to see the old guys

why do you keep saying that, "the vast majority", how in the hell would you know that?

Edited by shades

I am a fan of every lineup of Guns N' Roses, and especially the AFD lineup. That does not mean that I am a fan of Myles and that I would like to see him perform classic and beloved Guns N' Roses songs in Axl's absence. And this does not make me any less a fan, not that I care.

Well I would say that the vast majority of fans were happy to see

Then I believe we agree that it is not okay to insinuate that every fan of Guns N' Roses appreciated Myles on stage at the HOF.

exactly, well put

Well there were no ex singers and Axl had taken his ball and gone home at that point so they did what they could for the fans.

They didn't do what they could for me. I would have preferred if they'd not allowed Myles up on that stage. You still don't get it that you don't speak for all the fans, why is this concept so alien to you?

Then I believe we agree that it is not okay to insinuate that every fan of Guns N' Roses appreciated Myles on stage at the HOF.

Sorry I think I'm getting my wires crossed here. Where did I say I was talking about every fan at any point in this thread?

You are constantly talking on behalf of "the fans".

Sorry I think I'm getting my wires crossed here. Where did I say I was talking about every fan at any point in this thread?

You are constantly talking on behalf of "the fans".

I am. What's your point? When I start adding the word "all" to that then you'll have a valid argument.

So you don't agree that "the fans" points to the fans as a whole, and not just a subgroup consisting of those fans that share your opinions? How odd. If I say "the fans think that Slash is solely responsible for the collapse of the UYI lineup", do you think this would be really accepted by the fans? Don't you think many would object to this, like I am towards your insinuation that I wanted to hear Myles play at the HOF when you said that that was what "the fans" wanted?

exactly, well put

Well there were no ex singers and Axl had taken his ball and gone home at that point so they did what they could for the fans.

they did nothing for the fans ... they did for their pocket, their bank account, usurping a name that is not theirs and living from what they were and not are ... promoting their own proyects ... mercenaries