This is Guns N Roses in 2012

Axl Rose Husband

The band will presumably hit the recording studios after the touring to write original material.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

You disagree?

I also expect you

wtf is this? trying to pull out, i'm a hater or something? :rofl-lol:

No, just pointing out that your concern for Bumble and Dj playing covers for the rest of their lives is both silly and wrong.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The band will presumably hit the recording studios after the touring to write original material.

You disagree?

Well if I was to argue semantics I'd point out that they wouldn't be paying for studio time to "write" material. Also I wouldn't say I totally disagree but I am highly sceptical that they would be hurrying to do anything after the tour. Do I think they don't want to? No I think they'd love to but based on evidence of the past and as a GnR fan of over 25 years standing I'd say we're not going to hear anything from this lineup any time soon. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

You are probably wrong. Judging by how the band wants to do it and how Axl loves them I'm sure they'll hit a studio sooner than later. DJ and Ron also have their own studios, and other band members probably have their own studios, so there's no need to pay studio unless Axl WANTS do to it :)

Snal

And when you listen to everybody's discography, only Axl Rose has been able to deliver us music that is worthy of the name "Guns n' Roses".

THIS

Great music + Great lyrics....

I don't think anything the former members released after they left GN'R stacked up to Chinese Democracy. Certainly not Snakepit, VR, or Loaded. Chinese Democracy smoked their asses.

Snakepit and VR had some cool stuff, but I think that CD was the best Gn'R related thing we had so far.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh hell yeah. I liked the albums but I think Chinese blew them out of the water.

The majority of Guns N' Roses fans, music press and the record-buying public strongly disagree with these sentiments. But fuck, what do they know? You guys are the experts.

Where are you getting the "majority" from? I've read good reviews, mixed reciews, seen postive feedback.

I don't get where people are getting the "majority" from, they all think they have a shared opinion.

The majority I'm referring to is Contraband outselling Chinese Democracy and generally getting better reviews.

That sounds to me like the music fans saying: "We like Velvet Revolver better".

EDIT: I'm speaking about strictly in the United States.

http://www.metacritic.com/music/chinese-democracy

http://www.metacritic.com/music/contraband

CD critic score: 64

Contraband critic score: 65

CD user score: 8.2 based on 339 user reviews

Contraband user score: 8.0 based on 109 user reviews

Oh I guess you know what music fans think huh? Or let me guess, those 339 reviews were from this forum whereas those 109 reviews for contraband were made by Rhodes scholars and music aficionados?

WHAT A HUGE DIFFERENCE! THE PUBLIC HATH SPOKEN, LET THY WRATH BE FELT

if you're gonna purport statements as fact, at least be correct.

Edited by bigburgersforerryone

Snal

And when you listen to everybody's discography, only Axl Rose has been able to deliver us music that is worthy of the name "Guns n' Roses".

THIS

I don't think anything the former members released after they left GN'R stacked up to Chinese Democracy. Certainly not Snakepit, VR, or Loaded. Chinese Democracy smoked their asses.

Snakepit and VR had some cool stuff, but I think that CD was the best Gn'R related thing we had so far.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh hell yeah. I liked the albums but I think Chinese blew them out of the water.

The majority of Guns N' Roses fans, music press and the record-buying public strongly disagree with these sentiments. But fuck, what do they know? You guys are the experts.

Where are you getting the "majority" from? I've read good reviews, mixed reciews, seen postive feedback.

I don't get where people are getting the "majority" from, they all think they have a shared opinion.

The majority I'm referring to is Contraband outselling Chinese Democracy and generally getting better reviews.

I you guess know what music fans think huh? Or let me guess, those 339 reviews were from this forum, whereas those 109 reviews for contraband were made by Rhodes scholars and music aficionados?

That looks like a nice tall glass of ownage that you served there.

You disagree?

Well if I was to argue semantics I'd point out that they wouldn't be paying for studio time to "write" material. Also I wouldn't say I totally disagree but I am highly sceptical that they would be hurrying to do anything after the tour. Do I think they don't want to? No I think they'd love to but based on evidence of the past and as a GnR fan of over 25 years standing I'd say we're not going to hear anything from this lineup any time soon. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

I don't believe we will hear anything new "soon", either, in fact I highly doubt we will hear anything before 2014, but I still think it is fair to assume they will start on that process when the tour ends, based on numerous quotes from band members. If you find that humours, good for you.

Snal

THIS

Just my 2 cents.

I you guess know what music fans think huh? Or let me guess, those 339 reviews were from this forum, whereas those 109 reviews for contraband were made by Rhodes scholars and music aficionados?

That looks like a nice tall glass of ownage that you served there.

Yes. Also his avatar pic is amazing.

Snal

THIS

Just my 2 cents.

Oh I guess you know what music fans think huh? Or let me guess, those 339 reviews were from this forum whereas those 109 reviews for contraband were made by Rhodes scholars and music aficionados?

Owned.

wow, you actually went through those videos looking for literally a fraction of a second where slash didn't hit the (ostensibly) proper note.

No. I said that he screwed up the solos and some people said I was wrong. Would be easier to read what they said and understand why I posted this - not that it matters anyway.

@Bruno, BBF isnt doing anything new, this guy was doing that stuff in the 70s.....much younger and did it much better.

Better tone, style, technique, true amazing talent.

http://www.myspace.com/video/pedro/randy-rhoads-solos/101978659

btw, if someone can help me find the full version of that video, id appreciate it.

That guy is amazing, yeah, and actually influenced Ron as far as I know. But Ron's doing different stuff now, he's gone very, very far. If you think Ron ain't doing anything new, fine. But he is doing much more than what you think.

that motherfucker WROTE THAT SOLO, what does ashba or BBF have that even begins to compare to that? lets get real for a second, SCOM is almost always, along with NR considered to be the best GNR solo, if not best solo of all time. Its constantly ranked up there with Stairway to Heaven. BBF and Ashba, sorry to say, will never receive that honor. so choke on that.

Because mainstream recognizition means everything. Playing in a mainstream band should be where it's at - forget the musicality. Charts, numbers and airplay mean everything in music.

I'm not gonna argue with you since you already proved to not know a thing about his work, but ask a true rock musician or a guitarist about Ron's work. Ask Petrucci, Govan, Satriani, etc. His work was praised by so many of the greats that you'd be surprised.

Oh, and some of the solos on CD are at least as good - better to me - as Slash's previous work. I feel (very) sorry for you if you think that chart position or mainstream recognizition should be considered before saying how good a solo or song is.

Ron's solos to beyond what Randy Rhoades or Yngwie Malmsteen has done. If there's a way to top his solos he will find it.

Ron may not be the most popular guitarist virtuoso out there but he is certainly among the most respected.

Bruno, you talking about the HOF performance? I haven't seen it yet but did they fuck up?

you talking about the part where he does the harmonic? he does all the time, he means to.

it's ok, some ppl don't know what a fuck up is

Compare these two versions, then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp6vny8wngg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z70fHiCNxfQ&feature=fvst

2:32 on the 1st vid / 2:50 on the 2nd

3:35 on the 1st vid / 4:04 on the 2nd

Can't you both hear the difference? I know what a fuck up is, but your extremely biased opinions don't even know when to admit that your hero fucked up a song.

He pretty much nailed the solo, and even if he misplaced one or two notes who gives a fuck? I've seen disk jockey ashba and bumblebee fuck up the sweet child solo enough times myself.

Don't forget it was Slash who wrote the fucking solo so he's entitled to put a note wrong on the odd occasion!

To those that also say Slash didn't do any good solos outside of GnR, I could point them to several examples where he did. But i'll pick one.

Slash did a guest appearance on a Michael Jackson song, Give In To Me, in the early 90's and I personally think it is his best performance on another artists song that he has ever done.

The video below is the INSTRUMENTAL of Give In To Me.

The first, short, simple solo is from 2:17 to 2:37. The 2nd solo is from 3:27 to about 4:50. The part from 4:08 onwards is the best bit of the whole song imo. FYI Slash doesn't play all of the guitar parts in this song. The simple picked riff was played by someone else, but the heavier riffs and obviously the solos were played by Slash.

Edited by Original GNR

OK.

The Axl worshipers think that Slash sucks or that Miles sucks or that anything done without Axl must suck.

The Slash worshipers think that Axl can't sing anymore and sucks.

What I find sad about the entire situation and this forum.....are the people who base their opinions tied to what Axl Rose thinks/does. Axl doesn't like Slash - so anything associated with Slash must suck. Axl doesn't like another singer or band - so we must hate that band as well. Axl tortures and kills a kitten....well, we never liked cats anyway. It never ends.

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Adler created one of the greatest rock albums of all time. Just because they went their seperate ways doesn't mean you have to tailor your likes/dislikes based on which one of them you like better.

It is OK to criticize something Axl does and still have him be your favorite singer. You don't have to worship every decision he makes.

And you don't have to Love Slash, but it's OK to still like some things that he does.

Like Duff said. Some people take this stuff way too seriously.

OK.

The Axl worshipers think that Slash sucks or that Miles sucks or that anything done without Axl must suck.

What I find sad about the entire situation and this forum.....are the people who base their opinions tied to what Axl Rose thinks/does. Axl doesn't like Slash - so anything associated with Slash must suck. Axl doesn't like another singer or band - so we must hate that band as well. Axl tortures and kills a kitten....well, we never liked cats anyway. It never ends.

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Adler created one of the greatest rock albums of all time. Just because they went their seperate ways doesn't mean you have to tailor your likes/dislikes based on which one of them you like better.

It is OK to criticize something Axl does and still have him be your favorite singer. You don't have to worship every decision he makes.

And you don't have to Love Slash, but it's OK to still like some things that he does.

Well said actually. Make your own opinions and even if you don't like one of the band members or whatever, no need to be an asshole about it to prove anything.

I like "Sorry" on the record, but every time they play it live, it destroys the energy of the crowd. Probably because it comes after the slew of classic songs people want to hear.

The crowd is dead in that video you posted too.

Edited by GnR Chris

OK.

True but you also sometime take thing way too seriously.

I totally dig Chinese Democracy. This clip of Sorry is great. I look forward to hear it at the show in June.

For those who like Slash, he got a new album and new tour. It's totally 100% Slash and they will have fun with it. Whoever dig Adler as a drummer can hear his album and also read his daily interview. Good for them. I guess Duff will get around doing some more music.

Everyone will get more music out of these guy and should enjoy it. You cannot hold them to get back together. Live goes on, things change, and if you don't like that just keep watching your old DVDs at home. ;-)

The HOF wasn't anything special.

It sounded like another Slash + Myles show. Sorry.

of course .. and the mercenary used the name of the band to promote his upcoming album .... shameful :tongue2:

No he didn't. Nothing about his new album was mentioned at the HOF.

THIS is Guns N Roses. Raw, grimy, primal:

That WAS Guns n Roses.

But it's not 1987 anymore.

I know and it's such a shame. They used to actually be good.

By 1987 culture, yes.

By 2012 culture, no.

No one gives a fuck about about any of those cultures. GnR got famous because they were different, not because they did mainstream stuff.

The HOF wasn't anything special.

It sounded like another Slash + Myles show. Sorry.

of course .. and the mercenary used the name of the band to promote his upcoming album .... shameful :tongue2:

No he didn't. Nothing about his new album was mentioned at the HOF.

if it were not so, Duff had sung, for respect :shrugs: