This is Guns N Roses in 2012

Axl Rose Husband

It's pedantic to point out that 40% of the AFD lineup is missing in that performance (not to mention the two principal songwriters)? And, last I checked, GN'R doesn't play instrumentals, so the lead singer is kind of necessary.

Yeah, o.k. I guess when you need to make an argument work, 40% can be an insignificant number :rofl-lol:

Ali

Says the guy who claims that it's fine to call a line-up consisting of only 20% by the Guns n' Roses name?

So would Axl fronting Slash's Snakepit or Velvet Revolver be considered "Guns n Roses"? I mean that is like 90% UYI GnR right there.

Of course not!

Because it is about the music.

If Slash and Duff had not left GnR, we would still have gotten "Chinese Democracy" as it is.

If Axl accepted Slash and Duff back into GnR, we would still be getting "Chinese Democracy" part II.

Some folks seem to think that Axl is going to change what he wants the music for GnR to be, if suddenly Slash and Duff returned.

"Guns n Roses" is Axl Rose's solo project. If you don't want to make the music he wants to sing to, then he will not sing to your music.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the original band reunited, they would be 100 times better than the line up now. I love the current line-up, but let's be honest here. :P

to be honest it's Axl that's the weakest link (sometimes) in the current line up... so I don't see how a reunion would help much..

If the original band reunited, they would be 100 times better than the line up now. I love the current line-up, but let's be honest here. :P

Being honest, as someone who saw the old band and has been a GN'R fan since 1988, the new lineup is as good, if not a better group of players all around than the old band.

And, if the old band reunited now, there's no telling what kind of chemistry, if any, they would have.

Ali

That chemistry never goes away. Go look at David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen

Being honest, as someone who saw the old band and has been a GN'R fan since 1988, the new lineup is as good, if not a better group of players all around than the old band.

And, if the old band reunited now, there's no telling what kind of chemistry, if any, they would have.

Ali

That chemistry never goes away. Go look at David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen

But the chemistry did go away for GnR.

That is why the pre-1993 GnR is gone.

Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp6vny8wngg

You mean like this? ^^^

I must have missed where Axl and Izzy appear in that video. Unless you can point them out to me, that is not the old GN'R band in full.

Ali

Take out Gilby, add in Izzy and you've got the MUSIC of Guns N Roses. Stop being pedantic.

We all know Izzy didnt want anything to do with Slash+Duff+Matt when he was asked :book:

Wrong Izzy never intended on going to the induction. He does not like being in the public any longer. And he sent his message by Duff that says he does not have a problem with him. Izzy also recorded on Slash's first solo with him. Izzy and his wife socialize with the McKagan's and Hudson's also.

Was talking about when he got out of VR :)

about

Ali

You mean like this? ^^^

I must have missed where Axl and Izzy appear in that video. Unless you can point them out to me, that is not the old GN'R band in full.

Ali

Take out Gilby, add in Izzy and you've got the MUSIC of Guns N Roses. Stop being pedantic.

We all know Izzy didnt want anything to do with Slash+Duff+Matt when he was asked :book:

Wrong Izzy never intended on going to the induction. He does not like being in the public any longer. And he sent his message by Duff that says he does not have a problem with him. Izzy also recorded on Slash's first solo with him. Izzy and his wife socialize with the McKagan's and Hudson's also.

Was talking about when he got out of VR :)

Sorry for the mistake. If it is VR your speaking about Izzy left because he did not want to work with a lead singer. It had nothing to do with having problems with Duff, Slash or Matt.

Izzy did actually want to work with Slash Duff and Matt but when Scott came along he took off because it was starting to remind him of Axl. Notice how it was the lead singer situation he wanted to avoid

Think about this: 2010 is the first time Slash and Izzy actually released a song together

Izzy is smart guy when it comes to the media. So is Slash and Duff. So don't be fooled by all the PR-like political correctness of everything they say.

There is absolutely no similarities between Izzy's music and Slash's music. ZERO.

If Slash had started GnR, he would never had hired Izzy. Just like how Izzy didn't want Slash either.

Them getting together was no different then Slash and Duff experimenting with a bunch other musicians.

It could have also been nothing more than just a ploy to get old GnR fans excited to diminish what current GnR was doing.

If Slash and Duff really wanted Izzy to join VR, they would have begged him to join.

Ali

You mean like this? ^^^

Uh, are you fucking serious? They could barely move on stage and Slash fucked up the SCOM solo. Yes, just like the old days... they've been playing them for decades now and they still fuck them bad - like the Brownstone intro that's probably going on until now.

Don't you mean the band that didn't have the balls to move forward until they found a young superstar lead singer from the alternative rock era to join them because that was only way they could be consider cool and relevant?

Cool and relevant is something Axl could only dream of at this point I'm afraid. :shrugs:

The same band that got a grammy for the first album, but then nobody bought their second album? What happened?

Well at least they had one album that sold well but I guess that on the positive side nobody at Best Buy will ever be short of a coaster or an ashtray in this lifetime.

The same band that never headlined any festivals or sold out any stadiums?

Which is exactly the same situation Axl's band would find themselves in had they had to go it alone without the GnR name to sell tickets.

The band then imploded a midst creative differences and personal in-fighting that also included spats towards Axl?

Now where have we seen that before?:lol:

A band that is searching for a new lead singer that will help sell records for them but who will also not change anything Slash creates?

At least we know that Slash will create something at sometime in the next decade or so. :lol:

If Axl accepted Slash and Duff back into GnR, we would still be getting "Chinese Democracy" part II.

You're never going to get CDII irrespective of who is in the band! Not in this lifetime!

Nice story bro! Whatever makes you feel good about being a VR fan - I guess. :)

It's pedantic to point out that 40% of the AFD lineup is missing in that performance (not to mention the two principal songwriters)? And, last I checked, GN'R doesn't play instrumentals, so the lead singer is kind of necessary.

Yeah, o.k. I guess when you need to make an argument work, 40% can be an insignificant number :rofl-lol:

Ali

Says the guy who claims that it's fine to call a line-up consisting of only 20% by the Guns n' Roses name?

Way to take my quote out of context. This is not about the new band. It's about what is or isn't a specific lineup.

Ali

slash fucked up pretty bad

Yup. That's my point. They're going on forever about how great they were when in reality they fucked up more than once. And they played three songs only - they werent on drugs or drunk. They simply fucked up these songs.

Guest gunns5

slash fucked up pretty bad

Yup. That's my point. They're going on forever about how great they were when in reality they fucked up more than once. And they played three songs only - they werent on drugs or drunk. They simply fucked up these songs.

it's humerous to see those people who critique Axls voice are suddenly quiet when slash stuffs up as well.

Question. Are most of the Original line up supporters here, older? They've seen and grew up with Slash and Co. and appreciate them more?

Or are the Axl supporters younger and only know the band after the original member left? Thus they llike the new band as it is? Food for thought.

Izzy did actually want to work with Slash Duff and Matt but when Scott came along he took off because it was starting to remind him of Axl. Notice how it was the lead singer situation he wanted to avoid

Think about this: 2010 is the first time Slash and Izzy actually released a song together

Izzy is smart guy when it comes to the media. So is Slash and Duff. So don't be fooled by all the PR-like political correctness of everything they say.

There is absolutely no similarities between Izzy's music and Slash's music. ZERO.

If Slash had started GnR, he would never had hired Izzy. Just like how Izzy didn't want Slash either.

Them getting together was no different then Slash and Duff experimenting with a bunch other musicians.

It could have also been nothing more than just a ploy to get old GnR fans excited to diminish what current GnR was doing.

If Slash and Duff really wanted Izzy to join VR, they would have begged him to join.

You really need to write a book. When you go home to your husband tonight why don't you speak to him about it. A good science fiction book maybe. :rolleyes:

And I now have this visual of Slash and Duff on bended knee begging Izzy! Please Please be in our band we won't get a mean old lead singer! :rofl-lol:

Edited by sleeper

Guest gunns5

So would Axl fronting Slash's Snakepit or Velvet Revolver be considered "Guns n Roses"?

If Axl proclaimed that it was...would you accept that?

I wouldn't because for the most part, the music is not up to gnr standard, regardless of who is on vocals, you can't polish a turd

Question. Are most of the Original line up supporters here, older? They've seen and grew up with Slash and Co. and appreciate them more?

Or are the Axl supporters younger and only know the band after the original member left? Thus they llike the new band as it is? Food for thought.

I hardly think age is of the issue. Some of the regular "Axl supporters" here are "older" while some of the "Classic line up supporters" are "younger" (like say, Chloe).

I suppose I fall in the "younger fan" category but appreciate GnR in all forms so I guess that's a moot point. :shrugs: