Slash on 'Closing the Book on Guns N' Roses' at the Hall of Fame

Original

He said he really wanted the old band to get up there and jam but how much effort was really taken getting in contact with axl? Wasnt it matt on that interview who said he suggested duff or slash call axl and they never did? Maybe they did and dont want to mention it i dont know.

Edited by californiaz06

Interesting article about how the band broke up in the first place :)

http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/2012/04/22/legendary-rock-interview-with-guns-n-roses-insider-and-author-marc-canter/

It’s similar to the situation with Chinese Democracy. It was pretty much finished in 2002. The day after Rock In Rio 2001 Axl and I were at the pool and he mentioned that there was a possibility that Slash could have played on a few tracks for Chinese Democracy if he were willing to apologize in the press for the things that he said about Axl publicly. Axl was cracking the door open and saying to me “If Slash apologizes publicly for the things he said about me in the press I have three songs that he could play on the new album”.

The book will never be closed. The demand for a reunion will continue, and no one's holding their breath for one to happen.

Hopefully they'll talk to each other again.

There will never be a reunion. For too many members, GN'R is in the past. Its best they don't reform, as they would never be what they were. They've all moved on. Slash has done some great work since his exit from GN'R. Meanwhile Axl has to go it alone, making the most of the name. To be fair, time stands still for no one, and Axl has 10 years max left, and i'd be amazing if he hangs around that long in the music biz as a lead singer.

Edited by vaida

Yeah, he wanted the original line-up to play at the ceremony but he made zero efforts to make it happen. :shrugs:

I don't even think it would have happened anyway. Axl is a very stubborn man and wouldn't have agreed for a performance.

To just want the original line up to play is the problem. In wanting this it's saying that Axl broke up the band and it's all his fault. Yet it was Slash who left after not getting his way, same for the rest of them. You see the problem, it's a simple thing but it's crucial. By playing along with the media and fans they are ultimately ensuring there will be no reunion. It's like a paradox or an oxymoron, a contradiction, almost like a... Chinese Democracy.

Yeah, he wanted the original line-up to play at the ceremony but he made zero efforts to make it happen. :shrugs:

I don't even think it would have happened anyway. Axl is a very stubborn man and wouldn't have agreed for a performance.

That's for sure but he made zero efforts. To me, it's just a statement to save face. :shrugs:

That's for sure but he made zero efforts. To me, it's just a statement to save face. :shrugs:

He would have gotten such positive reviews about the whole thing if he would have tried. Woulda made Axl look like a proper twat. :lol:

He would have gotten such positive reviews about the whole thing if he would have tried. Woulda made Axl look like a proper twat. :lol:

Yeah, but the price of being the idiot rejected by the almighty boss Axl would have been too much. Better to say: "I really wanted it to happen but I knew it wouldn't so I did nothing".

Edited by pi2loc

The book will never be closed. The demand for a reunion will continue, and no one's holding their breath for one to happen.

Hopefully they'll talk to each other again.

There will never be a reunion. For too many members, GN'R is in the past. Its best they don't reform, as they would never be what they were. They've all moved on. Slash has done some great work since his exit from GN'R. Meanwhile Axl has to go it alone, making the most of the name. To be fair, time stands still for no one, and Axl has 10 years max left, and i'd be amazing if he hangs around that long in the music biz as a lead singer.

There's something James Dean-like about the AFD lineup.

The only reason they'd reunite is to have something to prove. Axl was looking for a good reason from the Rock Hall to get together, and they didn't give him one.

I think Axl and Slash will eventually get together and talk, but they prob. wouldn't have much to say to each other.

+1

So, he wanted the band to reunite for the RRHOF but weeks/days before the induction he doesn´t stop talking and saying among other things how Axl hates his guts ...etc. Am I the only one who sees the contradiction? :shrugs:

Maybe this is what Marc Canter was talking about when he said Slash sometimes says things to look cool in the press and to the fans. Not bashing Slash or anything, but it does at times seem like he says what will be a good thing to say on that given day and then later says something else as the public's minds has changed since his last interview, kinda like the HOF thing. But I don't know cause I'm not Slash, I can only speculate but I gotta admit I kinda could see what Marc was talking about.

Guest RonMexico82

Did it ever cross your mind that Slash made those statements because Axl's camp had already shot down his involvement behind the scenes.

Did it ever cross your mind that Slash made those statements because Axl's camp had already shot down his involvement behind the scenes.

Oh yes, I clearly remember Slash saying that he tried to contact Axl and Axl's people told him that he wasn't going to attend or play at the HOF.

Wait, what?