Guns trivia

rumandraisin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns N Roses used to record and release music.

Wow... That is a cunty thing to say....

Anyways... I was reading a GN'R book and one thing I recall being kind of funny was that when Paul McCartney's kids saw GNR in the U.K. they told their father that Live and Let Die was their favorite song. They didn't believe that their dad wrote the song when he told them HAHA

Guns N Roses used to record and release music.

Wow... That is a cunty thing to say....

Anyways... I was reading a GN'R book and one thing I recall being kind of funny was that when Paul McCartney's kids saw GNR in the U.K. they told their father that Live and Let Die was their favorite song. They didn't believe that their dad wrote the song when he told them HAHA

Its true they did.

Most of mine are probably well known by people on this forum, but anyway....

-Axl Rerecorded most of appetite for destruction in the late 90's with the new lineup.

-the piano solo at the end of prostitute was played before november rain at leeds in 2002.

-Chinese democracy was originally called 2000 intentions

-The spaghetti incident was named after a food fight between steven and axl.

-Slash drew the original gnr logo.

-UYI2 sold more copies than UYI1.

-Axl rose had a contest to give away his house in the early 90s.

-Chinese democracy was the most expensive album ever produced.

-At the time, the UYI tour was the longest tour ever.

-The band supposibly fired axl once. (the reason he tricked them into giving him the GnR name).

-Gene Simmons originally showed interest in producing AFD.

-Axl's manager gave him samples of albums produced by famous producers in 1999 to help him get excited and pick a producer for the new album, axl rose didn't listen to the samples and instead ran them over with a car.

Edited by liers

-Axl Rerecorded most of appetite for destruction in the late 90's with the new lineup.

-the piano solo at the end of prostitute was played before november rain at leeds in 2002.

-The band supposibly fired axl once. (the reason he tricked them into giving him the GnR name).

-Gene Simmons was originally going to produce AFD.

-Axl's manager gave him samples of albums produced by famous producers in 1999 to help him get excited and pick a producer for the new album, axl rose didn't listen to the samples and instead ran them over with a car.

half of these are not true.

Firing Steven is what doomed GN'R.

Matt did some great drumming for You Could Be MIne, and again Josh on OMG, Brain on Riad and Frank is deffinately making his mark live :)

I meant for that lineup. Matt helped them hang on for a few years but after endless touring and it was time for a new album they couldn't do it.

One of the reasons izzy left is because he wasn't feeling it with Matt Sorum. Axl wasn't feeling it with Gilby and without Izzy songwriting couldn't get done.

Brain and Frank have been awesome though.

Most of these come from accurate sources.

Correct nonlinear.

It was Paul Stanly who was going to produce AFD and CD

was rumored to have many names before it was called CD.

The album was called 2000 Intentions in the same way that the next album is called CD2. In other words, at that time (98-99) they intended to have the album out by 2000. So somebody (probably at Geffen) made that up as a temporary title for a list of future album releases, until the actual title was later revealed by Axl to be Chinese Democracy.

Paul Stanley wanted to produce Appetite, not Gene. The band never took it seriously, so he was never "going to" produce the album.

The band discussed firing Axl with Alan Niven on at least one occasion, but to my knowledge nothing was ever actually done about it, and it also happened well before the signing over of the name.

Did you know...

that Scraped was supposed to be 2nd on Chinese Democracy, wedged in between Chinese and Shacklers, imagine how cool that would have sounded. "Nothings gonna stop us!"

anyone got any interesting snippets like that?

Oh man, Scraped is an awful song.

Most of these come from accurate sources.

Really? why don't you credit those sources then?

chinese democracy was NEVER called "2000 intentions" - that was just a rumour... along with several supposed song titles like "Cock-A-Roach Soup." :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

"the spaghetti incident" was a phrase used by Steven's lawyers in a lawsuit against GNR. The phrase refers to a time that someone (slash?) ate Adler's spaghetti - according to Slash's or Duff's book (i forget which).

UYI was most certainly NOT the longest tour ever. the dead toured CONSTANTLY from the 1960s-1990s. Bob Dylan has been on the "neverending tour" since 1988. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_Ending_Tour

The band never fired axl, but the possibility was suggested to Slash and Duff by then manager Alan Niven. Niven was later canned for that.

Gene Simmons was NEVER slated to produce AFD - it was Paul Stanley.

Edited by nonlinear

chinese democracy was NEVER called "2000 intentions" - that was just a rumour... along with several supposed song titles like "Cock-A-Roach Soup." :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

If memory serves me correctly, the record company released a list of future album releases sometime in 1998 or 1999, and "Guns n' Roses - 2000 Intentions" was on the list. I think somebody at the record company made that up, because they were told the album would be ready in 2000 but didn't have a title yet.

Edited by axlsalinger

Chinese Democracy isn't even close to the most expensive album ever made

Michael Jackson's Invincible cost $30 million to make

In reality though the most expensive album ever made was Mariah Carey's Glitter. She signed a $100 million, 5 album deal with Virgin Records. The first album on the deal flopped so badly that they bought the remainder of her contract out for $50 million. So that was a $70 million album, in essence.