GNR Facebook post - new material on tour?

andy-robertson

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be trying to get more fans to attend the upcoming shows by throwing a carrot.hopefully that's the case.

There are advertising the hell out of the Dublin gig for the last few weeks and have added a second support act. Guess sales are not that great.

Could be trying to get more fans to attend the upcoming shows by throwing a carrot.hopefully that's the case.

There are advertising the hell out of the Dublin gig for the last few weeks and have added a second support act. Guess sales are not that great.

I highly doubt a second supporting act will increase ticket sales lol

Your right. Not the one they have added anyway.

Not really bothered. As long as they don't cancel.

actually, it was on the GNR Twitter, and this this is what was said:

"Always prepping for something we haven't done yet!" I think there's some music lying around for that ;-)

so, i would put too much stock into that facebook post.

"Always prepping for something we haven't done yet!" I think there's some music lying around for that ;-)

Well they played Estranged at Rio, which was something that this line-up hadn't done yet, so it might be the re-emergence of a song from the back catalogue.... Oh My God perhaps? Strictly speaking, it's a song that they (with the exception of Axl, Tommy, Dizzy and Chris - so half the band) 'haven't done yet'. Don't really know what to expect, but I'm optimistic that something will happen on Friday.

In terms of managing my own expectations, I haven't seen Guns since October 2010 in the UK, so at least when I see them at the O2 I'll get a couple of new experiences (Estranged and Civil War) which will probably be enough for me... but OMG or any other new material (even if it's an song from the back catalogue that I've not seen performed live yet) will be a bonus for me. Either way, I'm stoked for June 1st!!

Well they played Estranged at Rio, which was something that this line-up hadn't done yet, so it might be the re-emergence of a song from the back catalogue.... Oh My God perhaps? Strictly speaking, it's a song that they (with the exception of Axl, Tommy, Dizzy and Chris - so half the band) 'haven't done yet'.

if that's the case, it's fucking pathetic then. so based on that, are we gonna see another 20 year UYI song pop onto the setlist? :rofl-lol: i have a record player, why do I need a travelling jukebox?

If it was John Lennon back from the dead I would buy ten tickets.

If it was John Lennon back from the dead I would buy ten tickets.

Just so there's no one close to you when you enjoy the concert. Smart. :thumbsup:

if that's the case, it's fucking pathetic then. so based on that, are we gonna see another 20 year UYI song pop onto the setlist? :rofl-lol: i have a record player, why do I need a travelling jukebox?

If you only go to concerts to hear new music -- because you "have a record player" -- then I guess you only attend concerts with bands you've never listened to before...

Yeah, well to be fair they did play Estranged for the first time with the new band.

Plus, maybe they didn't play new music at Rio because of the conditions (the weather and Axl's voice) and the possibility that they didn't have a release day set for a new album at the time. I think the reason why we thought they would play new music at Rio was because of their history of doing so. But, at Rio 1991 the Illusions were supposed to come out that year. With Rock In Rio 2001, they probably had a set date for a new album, but things didn't work out, that's probably why they played 5 out of the 14 songs on the record at that concert. At Rock in Lisbon 2006 they played Better and IRS because of them being recently leaked. They played half the album live before the actual album came out. They probably don't want to do that again, it creates a sense of false hope.

Yeah, well to be fair they did play Estranged for the first time with the new band.

Plus, maybe they didn't play new music at Rio because of the conditions (the weather and Axl's voice) and the possibility that they didn't have a release day set for a new album at the time. I think the reason why we thought they would play new music at Rio was because of their history of doing so. But, at Rio 1991 the Illusions were supposed to come out that year. With Rock In Rio 2001, they probably had a set date for a new album, but things didn't work out, that's probably why they played 5 out of the 14 songs on the record at that concert. At Rock in Lisbon 2006 they played Better and IRS because of them being recently leaked. They played half the album live before the actual album came out. They probably don't want to do that again, it creates a sense of false hope.

Too many cases of false hope and erroneous talk going around as it is.

Has GN'R ever played Russia before? If they haven't, that's what they probably mean by something they haven't had before.

That was actually my first thought when I read the post.

Yes, they played there in 2010. St Petersburg had one of my favourite Dont Cry and This I Love actually, other songs were epic too

3.11 is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Edited by OJones90

The new songs are more than likely old classics.

Hope i'm wrong though and there actually is some kind of grand plan in motion! We will find out soon enough.

Why is there a 5 day gap between Russia and Dublin when the rest of the tour is 2 - 3 days max, any ideas? Logistical issue?

Wonder if there really is a 'band camp' in Ireland. Be interesting to see where Bumble and DJ land!

Has GN'R ever played Russia before? If they haven't, that's what they probably mean by something they haven't had before.

That was actually my first thought when I read the post.

Yes, they played there in 2010. St Petersburg had one of my favourite Dont Cry and This I Love actually, other songs were epic too

3.11 is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not Moscow though, right?

Odds for what this post means:

95% - First time playing Moscow

4.9% - Bringing back another old song, probably Anything Goes as it fits the phrase

.1% - new song

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh

Not Moscow though, right?

Odds for what this post means:

95% - First time playing Moscow

4.9% - Bringing back another old song, probably Anything Goes as it fits the phrase

.1% - new song

They played Moscow too so you're gonna have to recalculate those odds !

Personally i'd love a bit of Anything Goes !

Edited by OJones90