Wish list for this leg

Coma16

finish it as soon as possible, hit the studio, release new album this year. this joke has gone too far already.

The only way an album is coming out this year is if they go on what's already recorded. If you think this band is capable of writing, recording, mixing, mastering (well, mastering usually only takes a couple of weeks to a month), sorting everything out with the label, and coming up with a proper marketing plan between now and December, there's some real estate on the moon I'd like to sell you. A band that took as long as GNR did to release one album, Chinese Democracy, isn't capable of going from writing to released album in eight months. The only way we're getting new music from this band is if Axl feels it's time (which usually takes ten years or so, which means we've got another six more years of waiting), or sad to say, if the guy dies (though I'm certainly not hoping or wishing for that).

This is not a Chinese Democracy tour, if it was it would include many more songs off the album. This is a cash-grab tour. I particularly don't have too big of an issue on this; if people want to pay GNR play GNR songs with 1 original member, it's all good. I mean, I've done it 14 times since 2002. And I definitely feel I got my money's worth (though maybe not in Detroit in '02, no encore, weak set, sloppy performances). But these tours stopped being about promoting Chinese Democracy the day they started cutting all the CD songs from their set lists.

People in Europe are going to see pretty much the same setlist heard during the UCAP tour with the addition of maybe Perfect Crime or some other obscure UYI or Lies song. It's about giving paying customers what they want in the hopes of turning them into returning customers. Bands like Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Poison, etc do this all the time. It's time everyone stopped fooling themselves and saw this band as nothing other than a nostalgia act. This isn't a slight against the band as they're giving what 90% of the paying customers want. Once you see the reality of the situation you won't be so disappointed when the next "tour" looks, sounds and feels like all the other tours.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I think will happen:

Axl's voice is weak for the first few shows but it gets back in form the 4th or 5th show.

They don't play any new material.

They play Oh My God.

A old Illusion song returns to the set-list.

The set-list is very similar to the least tour.

What I want to happen:

Axl's voice is in 2010 form.

They debut a new song, or two.

They mix up the set-list.

Song's like TWAT, Catcher, IRS, If The World, and Scraped return.

Pretty much this... I'd add/change

What I think will happen:

A new cover song or two... new solo spots... new jams (maybe you left this out because none of it is worth mentioning anyway?)

Not sure about OMG either.

What I want to happen:

I'd want at least two new songs unless one is specifically mentioned as a "single". Just one random new song, while great.... I don't know, might as well do 2 they don't have to be the same show. Any more would just be gravy.

On the "single" bit... after playing an awesome ROCKER new song where Pittman gets to take a nap during it and Dizzy gets to fluff Chris' pillow during it Axl announces the new album title, date, or something like that.

I'd like to see one of the other epics from UYI come back but I understand why they wouldn't play Coma or Locomotive, as much as I hate to say it.

This is not a Chinese Democracy tour, if it was it would include many more songs off the album. This is a cash-grab tour. I particularly don't have too big of an issue on this; if people want to pay GNR play GNR songs with 1 original member, it's all good. I mean, I've done it 14 times since 2002. And I definitely feel I got my money's worth (though maybe not in Detroit in '02, no encore, weak set, sloppy performances). But these tours stopped being about promoting Chinese Democracy the day they started cutting all the CD songs from their set lists.

Cheers,

Andrew

I hate when I hear this. They play 6-7 songs of CD each night (granted they leave out some gems). Other bands that tour their "new" albums don't play more than 3-4 of the songs each gig.

So with the first show of this leg I think it would make for good conversation to discuss what you want to see (or not). The 2 Russia shows could easily be a warm-up before they really get into it the following week so let's not go crazy after the first show. Lets be somewhat realistic as well :)

Here are a few of mine:

- new solo spots for each band member

- not more than 1 hour between the opening band and GNR. I'm fine with the show starting at midnight but it is really the wait in between that kills people

- some more Illusions (Yesterdays, DTJ, RNDTH)

- removal of some the classics such as RQ, KOHD, SCOM, ISE, NR (not likely gonna happen but do they really need to be played every night)

What do you think?

Well a few wishes have already come true. I guess they were realistic.

Fortus played a new solo. I personally like bond better but that's not the point.

Reasonable time between acts. 2nd Moscow was a bit longer but it was back2back and Saturday night.

While new Illusions songs haven't be played they did bring back Civil War (and TWAT)

Maddy was actually omitted in Dublin. This is by all means a modern Guns (post 2001) staple.