Dizzy Reed Interview "I think we`ll have more of an expanded set list than last time. It`ll be between 2 and 3 hours of kick ass Rock `n` Roll. "

bumblecool

Hopefully he gets that solo album out this year! And, hopefully "Fracas" makes it on to the album.

Last I checked though, Frank & Ron haven't been in the band 10 years.......yet.....

Edited by tat2d1

Good stuff! I am glad Dizzy has stuck around for so long,

not sure there's some reason to be glad for it.

it's just music.

To you. I am sure it means a lot more than that to Dizzy. And as a big fan, their is a reason to be glad.

it's just music.

To you. I am sure it means a lot more than that to Dizzy. And as a big fan, their is a reason to be glad.

To Dizzy is pretty good, for sure. today he is a rich man.

but don't forget...it's just music at the end of the day.

Good news but really - I'd rather have a small setlist but a kick-ass performance like Rock AM Ring over a big setlist with a weak performance like that last live stream we had. But new song/Oh My God/TWAT/Catcher/Prostitute would make any mickey mouse performance worth it. :tongue2:

it's just music.

I know what you are trying to say, but it is their passion in life.

Great read, the interviewer seems like hardcore fan with some right questions about setlist, new record and Chinese era related stuff. Its a shame that Dizzy is not the one who would really give us some of those answers, but props to MICK BURGESS. :thumbsup:

And its about time for Dizzy to release his solo album. Heard some great music in his myspace years ago.

Having recorded so many tracks for the album, and recorded many different versions with different band members do you think that at some point in the future you`ll consider releasing a boxed set for the fans chronicling the development of the album from start to finish?

I`m writing that down right now as that`s such a great idea. In this day and age there`s so many tracks available online and there may be too many possibilities for people to hear but I think there`s a tale to be told and it would be great to tell the story in some way. I hope that people enjoy the album as much as we enjoyed making it and I really can`t wait to come over and play those songs live.

You were there right from the start of the recording process. How did the finished album differ to those earlier recordings?

There were so many ideas and songs that were tossed about and arranged and those initial ideas were developed over time sometimes into something very different from the original ideas but I think they picked the right songs and it worked great. There`s a lot going on and it takes a few listens to truly appreciate what`s going on there but I think the songs are cool and I think the album still sounds great.

Edited by Motivation

it's just music.

Get over yourself.

More Illusions material in the set? Works for me. I'll be anxious to see if this happens and what songs they choose.

From the way the question and answer were worded I take that as meaning it will be more Illusions material compared to the last time they were in the UK (2010). So I'm guessing that will simply mean Estranged and Civil War. Which I'm totally cool with as I've never seen those songs live before and I'm looking forward to seeing them played at the O2 (fingers crossed!).... But if they decided to bust out something like Locomotive, Don't Damn Me or Bad Apples I'd be a very happy man!

I dunno. Kinda sounds like he's just talking about the additions of Estranged & Civil War to the set. :shrugs:

There's always a chance Axl's asked to keep the inclusion of new songs under wraps.

'Since the last time we played there`ll be more songs from the Illusion era of the band. People seem to like hearing those.'

I wonder what other UYI tunes will be performed ?

I wonder how many the hired hands have had to learn, just incase they decided to play whatever on the night.

'Since the last time we played there`ll be more songs from the Illusion era of the band. People seem to like hearing those.'

I wonder how many the hired hands have had to learn, just incase they decided to play whatever on the night.

tl;dr

But hell yes, more UYI tunes! :thumbsup:

tl;dr

But hell yes, more UYI tunes! :thumbsup:

Personally I think this refers to Civil War and Estranged as they weren't played last time in Europe.

I also reckon the 'expanded set list' means that they've added a few new songs to the setlist options, so there's more scope for rotation. Here's hoping :thumbsup: