Fans infuriated after two-hour wait for Guns N' Roses Liverpool gig

BBA

You're not neglecting your kids even if you spend eight hours on this website per day. Kids go to school and sometimes only spend a few conscious hours at home.

what are you, his daddy? let him explain himself. i'm curious to know how anybody justifies spending so much time posting on multiple message boards about a band they DON'T like, let alone someone with two young children.

The board is about Guns N' Roses, which he does like. What difference does it make if he reiterates or perhaps adds to what I said? I gave you a legitimate reason why someone would spend time on a forum when they have young children. If you don't have a rebuttal, that should just be the end. It doesn't matter which poster said it.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how many words then? 5? 10? 100? 500?

I get it! Absolutely no way in hell Axl could have any influence whatsoever over anything to do with information given to fans at point of ticket sale. He's completely and utterly helpless to impose his will in any way shape or form just as he has been for the past 25 years.

Everybody tells him what to do, how to act and he just sits back and accepts it without question! That's the Axl we all know and love! The shrinking violet wallflower who does exactly as he's told, never gets his own way and doesn't kick up a fuss about anything, ever!

super-fart.gif

Edited by Dazey

The board is about Guns N' Roses, which he does like.

No, he doesn't. He used to. He doesn't anymore.

Yes, he does. Assuming he likes TSI, he likes 5/6 of their output.

That's a fucked-up concept of time. So if I currently adore the first eleven Iron Maiden albums and dislike the last four, am I not a Maiden fan?

You didn't answer the question. How do you justify spending so much time on message boards devoted to bands you don't like when you have two children that need to be cared for, deserve a chance to eventually go to college, have healthcare, etc?

And you have no idea how much time I spend on the forum or what my financial situation is mate but nice try to divert the attention away from the fact you haven't supported your opinions.......

and I am a Guns N Roses fan mate...have been since 1986...but I am still waiting for Axl to dazzle me with some new music and ChiDem was not it............

Edited by classicrawker

So answer the question then. I didn't say you can't justify it. I'm asking you how you do. Why do you refuse to answer?

do you really care?

you're insisting on keeping the thread negative, these are the types of users that should be banned from here.

So answer the question then. I didn't say you can't justify it. I'm asking you how you do. Why do you refuse to answer?

I did answer you you just refuse to accept the answer..........I don't spend that much time here and I come here when I am done with work and my daughters are in bed to have some fun.........so what is your excuse for spending the majority of time on the forums?

How do you justify spending so much time on message boards devoted to bands you don't like when you have two children that need to be cared for, deserve a chance to eventually go to college, have healthcare, etc?

Crossing the line mate...relax.

I wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for anybody.

So, you're never going to a Guns show then ????

Oh, wait! You're not going to most shows!!!

I've been to many concerts over the years, on par with Axl I would say Aerosmith, AC/DC, The Cult, Bon Jovi, David Bowie, Elton John, etc. All relatively large scale concerts and guess what? None of them kept the fans waiting. How do they do it? Amazing.

Zint -

He brought up his children. I did not insult them in any way. Is it wrong that I want all children to go to college and have heath care? What line did I cross? If I'm missing something here, I will gladly apologize. Let me know. Thanks.

You insulted him and his skills as a parent by implying he was neglecting his livelihood and his children's welfare.

I just don't get what is wrong in Axl's head to do this EVERY NIGHT.

He gets booed, people lose respect for him, genuine fans miss the show or part of it, almost everyone is at least annoyed. Compare these people to how many think it's "rock n' roll" or "bad ass"..... lol it slants one way pretty heavily. Why does he put himself through this? He almost always looks angry or stressed out so why's he intentionally make people at his shows boo him, hate him, and leave before he finishes?

He does it intentionally. That's a fact. It's not him "trying to get the mentality to go on stage" or "something always comes up the day of the show". No, every excuse he has in absolute bullshit. If he wants to be bad ass he should just say he's late because he fucking well wants to be. His lying excuses is reason number 1001 people hate the guy. You're not late consistently every show because some problem comes up and lasts the exact same amount of time every show... you're not late consistantly every show because you need to get in the right head space. Here's a fucking clue: start getting in the proper mood 2 hours before you usually do.

It's not that hard, saying he's always done it is no excuse either. Saying "if you don't know he's late by now you're stupid" is absolutely retarded. Why? He's been doing it so long you'd have to be an idiot, right!? No. Many fans are, believe it or not, just fans of the music and the memories they have of the band and don't keep track of every start time. Why would you advertise a start time if you know you'll be late every time.

This is really unforgivable and the only reason Axl still does it is because he's always done it. If Richard did it, he'd be fired. If Slash rejoined the band and Axl did it, Slash would leave. Axl needs to do it to show he's king shit to everybody. Unfortunately, once people leave the stadium.. the band included... Axl's just a dude who used to make some pretty good music, puts on a decent show, and is a real shitty dude.

EDIT: I forgot his latest and most hilarious excuse to why he's late: That it started in the early 90s when Slash made him tour when he wasn't ready. I can't imagine being Eddy Trunk thinking "LOL so it's Slash's fault you're always late (of course) so the reason you're STILL late every night is what?"

It's a form of self sabotage, that pretty much defies explanation.

I did answer you you just refuse to accept the answer..........I don't spend that much time here and I come here when I am done with work and my daughters are in bed to have some fun.........so what is your excuse for spending the majority of time on the forums?

Classic you don't owe this person any explainations. Glad to have you back here!

The time cr spends with his children is completely off topic and has nothing at all to do with the thread.

The fans in Liverpool didn't wait two hours. Therefore the entire thread is off topic because the topic is something that never occurred.

Well then staying on topic would mean you debunking the article, and doesn't include this off tangent thing regarding CR and his kids, which has nothing to do with anything

Classic you don't owe this person any explainations. Glad to have you back here!

Thanks mate it is nice to be back..............

I wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for anybody.

So, you're never going to a Guns show then ????

Oh, wait! You're not going to most shows!!!

I've been to many concerts over the years, on par with Axl I would say Aerosmith, AC/DC, The Cult, Bon Jovi, David Bowie, Elton John, etc. All relatively large scale concerts and guess what? None of them kept the fans waiting. How do they do it? Amazing.

You're lying. There is NO WAY any of those bands took the stage 20 minutes after the previous act ended. IMPOSSIBLE.

Uh, I'm not a liar, I didn't have my stopwatch out, but they were all out in a very timely fashion that it was a non-issue and enjoyable experience for everyone. Which is a priority for most performers. Crazy, I know.

Zint -

He brought up his children. I did not insult them in any way. Is it wrong that I want all children to go to college and have heath care? What line did I cross? If I'm missing something here, I will gladly apologize. Let me know. Thanks.

Maybe CR doesn't want his kids to go to college. Maybe he'd be content with them being amateur wrestlers.

you clearly stated you would never wait more than 20 minutes. maybe you need to have a stopwatch out?

Yeah you're right! I mean it could have been 21 or even 22 minutes which would make her totally wrong! If anything she says isn't to the exact second on the atomic clock then clearly her opinion is invalid! Once again, "figure of speech"! Look it up! :rolleyes:

Zint -

Maybe CR doesn't want his kids to go to college. Maybe he'd be content with them being amateur wrestlers.

Wait 'til he figures out the new forum owner is a proud father.

sssshhhhhhhh.....

typical BBA tactics. no regard for the truth. i've wrestled professionally for well over a decade, have made a few hundred grand along the way, won a world championship, etc. and yet, to you, that is "amateur". interesting.

does the truth give you hives?

Nobody "wins" anything in "pro" wrestling! :lol: It's an acting award at best! You've basically got a Hillbilly Oscar on your mantelpiece haven't you? :lol:

Remember this from Del James a few years back?

"When the f*ck did rock n' roll -- and the last time I checked rock music was supposed to be a non-conformist, rebellious, art form -- get a Flavor Flav-sized time clock wrapped around its neck like a hangman's noose? Rebellion and punctuality do not go hand in hand and for those of you too young to remember, The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin rarely went on before midnight in their hey day.

Here's a little insight for you -- a rock band has to do certain things in order to be prepared to hit the stage. It's a lot like a sports team warming up before hitting the field. Axl has to do his vocal warm ups or else he will blow his voice out. Guitarist Robin Finck has to do yoga-type stretching or else he's going to pull or tear a muscle again. Some of the band members need chiropractic adjustments or massage therapy. Others need to warm up on their instruments. The list is endless and every night something unexpected always occurs. There's a lot more to it than showing up, grabbing an instrument, and walking onstage. No one is interested in wasting your time or keeping you waiting, but the band goes on when it is 100 percent ready to go on and give it all that they have for that evening and not one minute before. The show starts when the band hits the stage and ends when the final encore is over.

If, back in the day, Thin Lizzy or Humble Pie or Queen came on at whatever time and gave me two hours of blistering "rawk" like GN'R does every night that would have been a magical evening. A rock concert is supposed to be a celebration where for a few hours people can escape from the pressure of everyday life. Jobs and taxes and homework and traffic are all still going to be there when the show ends so what's the hurry? I mean, GN'R ain't some play by the rules, shake hands and kiss babies for public approval type band. It's Guns N' F*ckin' Roses so please feel free to raise your middle finger with GN'R because Axl, Dizzy, Robin, Richard, Tommy, Chris Pitman, Bumblefoot, Frank, and Brain will always stand defiant against conformity while doing their best to thoroughly kick every audience's ass. As Axl says onstage from time to time, "This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'" Anyone who doesn't get that should really just stay the hell home. I've noticed that during our first week on tour, there's a lot of pissing and moaning on the Internet by people who aren't even at the shows. This vocal minority are not what I consider real GN'R fans. They are obsessive pests (go ahead and flame) in need of a real outlet other than GN'R chat rooms and posting on fan sites because the real fans are at the shows having fun. When someone overanalyzes something as petty as Robin's beard, what Axl says to the audience, the set list from one show to the next, or the tuning of Bumblefoot's fretless guitar, it's time to get a life. Disconnect from the Internet and reconnect with the real world.

My bus call is a few minutes from now. Time to pack my bags and reconnect with the real world of life on the road with Guns N' Roses."

The most ironic thing about the article is how he signs off by saying he has to finish writing and go because he has to catch the bus to the next show. Just like the poor bastards stuck outside an areana in a god forsaken suburd at 2am have buses to catch.

OMG, Del James is just pathetic. Never mind, how ridiculous it sounds to bring up the band's necessity for yoga stretching, chiropractic adjustments, and massage therapy, how rock n roll. But Axl's warm up vocal exercises? How about starting earlier? He acts like it's impossible for Axl to be prepared and ready on time, because something "unexpected" just happens every night. He is the worst kind of leech.

does he spend considerable amounts of time posting on multiple forums about a band he doesn't like? probably not. i'm sure he'd rather spend time with his kid(s).

facepalm.gif

The board is about Guns N' Roses, which he does like.

No, he doesn't. He used to. He doesn't anymore.

Yes, he does. Assuming he likes TSI, he likes 5/6 of their output.

That's a fucked-up concept of time. So if I currently adore the first eleven Iron Maiden albums and dislike the last four, am I not a Maiden fan?