Fans infuriated after two-hour wait for Guns N' Roses Liverpool gig

BBA

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

those "infuriated fans" are a bunch of cunts for at least two reasons :

anybody who still complains about waxl's lateness after all these years is a fuckin' imbecile

anybody buying a ticket to see that guy playing afd songs with his cover band is an imbecile too

Its because the people complaining are blow in casual fans. They wouldn't even know Axl is the only original member left. They'd hear GNR is coming to town and would buy tickets. If Axl wasn't scared of being overshadowed and got appropriate players, I'm sure he could put on a legit show.

Frank Ferrer on drums? ROFLLL....

those "infuriated fans" are a bunch of cunts for at least two reasons (i have no doubt that there are many more) :

anybody who still complains about waxl's lateness after all these years is a fuckin' imbecile

anybody buying a ticket to see that guy playing afd songs with his cover band is an imbecile too

It's not the 76 minute wait between bands that is the problem, it's the 2am finish that pisses people off. I only live 10 miles from the arena so I jumped in a cab, but those that were getting the last train out of Liverpool had to leave at midnight. The place was half empty by 12.30am. Will those people get a refund?

It was the best GNR gig I have seen, so I haven't complained once. But I can totally see why people are upset at spending £55 on a ticket, waiting years to see them but having to leave after 6 songs!

And that's one of the reasons why I wouldn't go see them again. I mean, that's just disrespectful. Yeah, Axl won't bend or do things normally cause he is "a true artist" and "rock'n'roll", but why should I bend for him and just accept his dumb-ass behavior? I do admit they put out one hell of a show, but waiting two hours just kills the mood.

And yeah, getting home when the show ends is a bitch also. I don't want to spend obscene amounts for hotel rooms and stuff, if there's been a possibility I could've gotten home on reasonable hours on reasonable price, but haven't cause Axl won't take the stage, just because he "don't feel it". I mean, c'mon man...

Edited by jekylhyde

And that's one of the reasons why I wouldn't go see them again. I mean, that's just disrespectful. Yeah, Axl won't bend or do things normally cause he is "a true artist" and "rock'n'roll", but why should I bend for him and just accept his dumb-ass behavior? I do admit they put out one hell of a show, but waiting two hours just kills the mood.

When I saw them they came on at 12am. Was terrible, everyone was exhausted by the time they came on. After the rock hall thing that was the last insult for me. Never going to an Axl Rose concert again.

When I saw them they came on at 12am. Was terrible, everyone was exhausted by the time they came on. After the rock hall thing that was the last insult for me. Never going to an Axl Rose concert again.

So you feel insulted that a man stood up for what he believed in and did something he truly felt was the best decision he could make?

Kind of strange.

Or is it because he didn't reunite to fulfill you petty dreams of a reunion?

Ordinarily, I would side with fans because waiting hours upon hours is ridiculous, but I waited 45 minutes at my show, and these guys waited 76 minutes... That's EXCELLENT time for a band of his magnitude to switch equipment like that.

If you won't wait for more than 20 minutes for a band, you probably will never attend a single concert. Even equipment switching for my wind orchestra band takes a half hour minimum.

I call bullshit, sorry.

Ordinarily, I would side with fans because waiting hours upon hours is ridiculous, but I waited 45 minutes at my show, and these guys waited 76 minutes... That's EXCELLENT time for a band of his magnitude to switch equipment like that.

If you won't wait for more than 20 minutes for a band, you probably will never attend a single concert. Even equipment switching for my wind orchestra band takes a half hour minimum.

I call bullshit, sorry.

You are missing the point. It is the 2am finish that fucks everyone up. Every other arena act plan to finish before public transport finishes. Casual fans that attend lots of arena shows get caught out and have to leave early or get stranded.

I guess two hours sounds more extreme than the actual one hour including stage change let's not mention how he defused the tension and carried on with the show and gave people better value for money than almost any band out there.

No, that probably doesn't matter

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

Axl has been ALWAYS late throughout his career - deal with it!

I've also waited some 2h for Axl to take the stage back in a 2010 concert and it was worth every damn minute I waited. Sure I had to work the next day and had a small baby back home so a few extra hours of sleep would be good but no complaining here.

Common It's rock n'fuckin roll and Axl gives you a show like no one else. Stop bitchin about it! :sleeper:

Edited by trqster

^ MSL - here's your answer.

We waited an hour and a half to two hours in Orlando after the shitty opening act ended. Please don't act surprised by Axl's unprofessionalism. It's very well documented and tired.

I have waited two hours before, but I've also waited one hour way more than I've waited two hours.

Thanks to other posters in this thread, we now know the wait was actually 76 minutes, not 120 minutes.

That's a fairly significant difference.

Thank you to those that presented facts in this thread.

FACTS - They're not just for court rooms!

The above is correct, waiting times included. People were booing before they came on because of the wait, mixed in with cheering, clapping, whistling and general noise making. The pints were going up in the air all night, never usually at the stage, and seemed to me like it was due to people having a little too much fun, rather than people being angry since the crowd went absolutely insane for Welcome To The Jungle.

I call bullshit, sorry.

You said my words perfectly, thank you.

Guest Len B'stard

off topic but OPs sig basically nails the GnR reciepe of why that fuckin band was the dogs bollocks, big respect to Izzy.

Edited by sugaraylen

People are fucking dumb. There's an opening act, it's not GNR coming on two hours late if that two hours includes an opening act. Jesus...

GNR comes on 2 hours after the opening act has ended.

^ MSL - here's your answer.

We waited an hour and a half to two hours in Orlando after the shitty opening act ended. Please don't act surprised by Axl's unprofessionalism. It's very well documented and tired.

Yes and no matter how much you bitch and complain about it, no matter how many threads you make about it. Things won't change. So you can either move on or find something better to do.

EDIT: And how come it's always the British ''news'' that seems to overreact on anything and make things bigger than they are?

Oh and it's funny how hard you try to be a newsreporter. Gunsguy ftw.

Edited by UcudBmineCD

As GN'R fans, we know what's going to happen with stage times, but I feel sorry for all the people who maybe DON'T know about all this and maybe they are new to GN'R and correctly assume a concert will start on time just like almost EVERY OTHER BAND IN THE WORLD's does. Good job it's mostly worth waiting for though. Seriously, why can't Axl set back his day even by even an hour and maybe show the fans a tiny bit of respect?

I just don't get what is wrong in Axl's head to do this EVERY NIGHT.

He gets booed, people lose respect for him, genuine fans miss the show or part of it, almost everyone is at least annoyed. Compare these people to how many think it's "rock n' roll" or "bad ass"..... lol it slants one way pretty heavily. Why does he put himself through this? He almost always looks angry or stressed out so why's he intentionally make people at his shows boo him, hate him, and leave before he finishes?

He does it intentionally. That's a fact. It's not him "trying to get the mentality to go on stage" or "something always comes up the day of the show". No, every excuse he has in absolute bullshit. If he wants to be bad ass he should just say he's late because he fucking well wants to be. His lying excuses is reason number 1001 people hate the guy. You're not late consistently every show because some problem comes up and lasts the exact same amount of time every show... you're not late consistantly every show because you need to get in the right head space. Here's a fucking clue: start getting in the proper mood 2 hours before you usually do.

It's not that hard, saying he's always done it is no excuse either. Saying "if you don't know he's late by now you're stupid" is absolutely retarded. Why? He's been doing it so long you'd have to be an idiot, right!? No. Many fans are, believe it or not, just fans of the music and the memories they have of the band and don't keep track of every start time. Why would you advertise a start time if you know you'll be late every time.

This is really unforgivable and the only reason Axl still does it is because he's always done it. If Richard did it, he'd be fired. If Slash rejoined the band and Axl did it, Slash would leave. Axl needs to do it to show he's king shit to everybody. Unfortunately, once people leave the stadium.. the band included... Axl's just a dude who used to make some pretty good music, puts on a decent show, and is a real shitty dude.

EDIT: I forgot his latest and most hilarious excuse to why he's late: That it started in the early 90s when Slash made him tour when he wasn't ready. I can't imagine being Eddy Trunk thinking "LOL so it's Slash's fault you're always late (of course) so the reason you're STILL late every night is what?"

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh