Guns n' Roses - Glasgow SECC 25/05/12

Beegnikos

He was in a great mood!! I'll upload all I have in a few

I kept screaming (I tried so hard not to) for a picture and said "axl can I have a picture?" n he looked at me, smiled and said NO!! The face he pulled was hilarious he was just kidding n everyone laughed. The camera wouldn't work for ages so he was hugging me for ages. Best moment of my life. I love him even more

I kept screaming (I tried so hard not to) for a picture and said "axl can I have a picture?" n he looked at me, smiled and said NO!! The face he pulled was hilarious he was just kidding n everyone laughed. The camera wouldn't work for ages so he was hugging me for ages. Best moment of my life. I love him even more.

I told him despite him saying no I'd still praise him on the forum and he laughed :wub:

:thumbsup:

Great stuff!

Anyone who says that Axl isn't fan-friendly needs a reality check. He was incredibly gracious to the 20 or so of us that were waiting to meet him after the UCAP show in Philadelphia.

Maybe he is trying to dispell all the anymosity which has arisen from the models being invited to the show and to meet the band afterwards. He would know that people who've paid lots of money for VIP tickets would be outraged by this so is making himself more available - plus by making himself more available he sees just how happy people are to meet him. Win win situation.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to say I'm pretty stoked about the fact that Civil War and Estranged seem more like staples now as I'm still yet to see those live and will be seeing them a couple of times in the next month.

Also congratulations to those that met Axl. Very jealous.

well what a night i didnt stay all the way i left at 11.30 as much as i love axl and gnr i suffer with panic attacks and last night i kept taking them the heat in that place was to much i couldnt handle the attacks so i left im so pissed at myself for leaving but i did see some and i heard estranged which i love,

axl sounded great his voice was awesome and he looked in a good mood. im hoping they do come agian cause im going i just hope my panic stays the fuck away,

i was in the seated area and about everyone was sitting down i did get up though but alot didnt its strange cause in 06 everyone was up bouncing away lol.

Just waking up after getting in just after 2 last night. Gotta love a GN'R gig for its unique timing!

I think their timings worked better than in '06 as the support act (Thin Lizzy's slot) got moved back accordingly so there only worked out about 55/60 mins of a gap for GN'R coming on at 2235 last night.

In terms of set (compared to when I saw the band twice in '06) there was a good evolution of the set, wth some new Chinese Democracy numbers (CD, Sorry, TIL on top of Maddy, SOD and Better), new 'classics' (RQ, Estranged, Civil War, Don't Cry) and a couple of cracking covers (Another Brick in The Wall, Baba O'Reilly, Whole Lotta Rose) mixed in with the usual staples of the set. Looking at that, I can't really complain.

If I was picky, I'd have loved to hear TWAT and IRS brought in at the expense of some of the solos (Motivation, Fortus' and Bumblefoots solos killed things for me), but for the number of songs you got for your buck plus seeing Thin Lizzy, awesome!

Axl's voice was pretty strong throughout too (with a couple of blips) - cracking night!

well what a night i didnt stay all the way i left at 11.30 as much as i love axl and gnr i suffer with panic attacks and last night i kept taking them the heat in that place was to much i couldnt handle the attacks so i left im so pissed at myself for leaving but i did see some and i heard estranged which i love,

axl sounded great his voice was awesome and he looked in a good mood. im hoping they do come agian cause im going i just hope my panic stays the fuck away,

i was in the seated area and about everyone was sitting down i did get up though but alot didnt its strange cause in 06 everyone was up bouncing away lol.

Sorry you had to leave, at least you got to see them & watch them play Estranged. I'm sure they'll come again, is it possible to get some strong medication so the attacks don't come on during the concert?

Glad you enjoyed yourself though. :thumbsup:

tks but im on tablets was more the heat that started it off i did c some songs and him and i did see them in 06, im just hoping they come bk soon my little boy wants to go so i would take him.

I kept screaming (I tried so hard not to) for a picture and said "axl can I have a picture?" n he looked at me, smiled and said NO!! The face he pulled was hilarious he was just kidding n everyone laughed. The camera wouldn't work for ages so he was hugging me for ages. Best moment of my life. I love him even more

I kept screaming (I tried so hard not to) for a picture and said "axl can I have a picture?" n he looked at me, smiled and said NO!! The face he pulled was hilarious he was just kidding n everyone laughed. The camera wouldn't work for ages so he was hugging me for ages. Best moment of my life. I love him even more.

I told him despite him saying no I'd still praise him on the forum and he laughed :wub:

THIS restores my faith in ever meeting Axl and him being nice, instead of the other side we see at times... :o.

THIS restores my faith in ever meeting Axl and him being nice, instead of the other side we see at times... :o.

I'm so happy he wasn't an rude to any of you :wub:.

When you're not being disrespectful and a fuckin' idiot screaming like a bitch, pushing everyone, Axl is a very cool cat. He's joking all the time. I can vouch for that.

LMAO.. I can control myself and I have manners, I know how to use please and thank you, I'd never be rude to those around him and or family.... just might get excited a bit.... It's Axl after all :P. I've never met him so I can only tell by what I see by youtube and others and some of it hasn't been good etc. Because most of the ppl on here hate his guts. I've been sticking up for Axl for years... I am glad when real fans meet him not scalpers and so on... I'm glad he jokes alot makes me more relaxed about him... Have you met him too?... Seems everyone but me has HAHA. Your comment made me laugh though reminds me of some fans going crazy trying to meet him and he walked off not sure if you have seen that video, I wouldn't do that cause I would WANT to meet him so I won't act too crazy, I know he doesn't like ppl pushing and shoving and not having shit organized... understandable...

I don't understand people bitching about the setlist.

Should they play deeper cuts from UYI and CD? Yes.

But this tour is one that Europe has never seen. They're playing "new old" stuff for Europe. That's added value.

If you went to the US CD tour in 2011 and then the UCAP tour in 2012, I could see why you'd be upset.

After all, the set list was mostly redundant between those two legs if memory serves.

The fact is, new music won't be played before the next album itself is out and definitely not on this tour.

http://minus.com/lbsHqGPvAe1CjW

Theres the 8 minute video hopefully someone can recover the audio? No Idea how it's not on there as I got audio during a video of the show.

Holy shit I see a static preview of it while it's loading but it's not loading D:

Keeps saying "200, Stream not found, NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound, clip: '[Clip] '/1338045056/BrPzO7BTvGAggA0SuBX_nw/ibsHqGPvAe1CjW.MP4''".

Yes this.

Theres the 8 minute video hopefully someone can recover the audio? No Idea how it's not on there as I got audio during a video of the show.

That's great you met Axl. You're very lucky. Unfort the vid won't play. Can you fix it possibly?:) Or Can you do a detailed post of your meeting with Axl and what he said?That wud be great thks.

That's great you met Axl. You're very lucky. Unfort the vid won't play. Can you fix it possibly?:) Or Can you do a detailed post of your meeting with Axl and what he said?That wud be great thks.

http://minus.com/mgk0WiCoh/

Ah thks it works now! Pity bout the audio ahhh!