Guns n' Roses - Glasgow SECC 25/05/12

Beegnikos

you do have a point,but i fucking love GNR music!

So do I and I'd love to hear more but getting wound up about shows which you're not at is a bit pointless.

I'm not on here half as much as I used to partly because it was mostly just moaning about stuff.

The majority of fans at a Guns show will be there to hear the "hits" and will tolerate the handful of Chi Dem tracks that get played.

Most of the general ticket buying public would probably be put off a bit if they heard that the band were playing a lot of lesser played and new songs and in turn it could affect ticket sales.

If they're wary of putting newer material in the set at big shows I think a good idea would be if they did a short run of very low key shows in very small venues for the more hardcore type fan where they made it clear that they wanted to try out rarer tracks and new material in a live enviroment. Basically they'd know that people would be there and wanting to hear the new stuff compared to if they did it at a normal show and you'd just get some drunk mess shouting out "Sweet Child O' Mine" half way through.

i remember during the 90's on the illusions tour axl wasn't afraid to play new stuff. axl debut lots of new songs from the illusions. wasn't any drunk guys or girls yelling out sweet child o mine when axl was playing them for the first time in front of stadium crowds

Hell even in the early 2000's Axl wasn't afraid to bust out some new material, I am not sure why not now, especially after hearing how many songs were not on CD. If anything it could help the band gel on new material and try new things to get a better sense of where to go with the new record

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do I and I'd love to hear more but getting wound up about shows which you're not at is a bit pointless.

I'm not on here half as much as I used to partly because it was mostly just moaning about stuff.

The majority of fans at a Guns show will be there to hear the "hits" and will tolerate the handful of Chi Dem tracks that get played.

Most of the general ticket buying public would probably be put off a bit if they heard that the band were playing a lot of lesser played and new songs and in turn it could affect ticket sales.

If they're wary of putting newer material in the set at big shows I think a good idea would be if they did a short run of very low key shows in very small venues for the more hardcore type fan where they made it clear that they wanted to try out rarer tracks and new material in a live enviroment. Basically they'd know that people would be there and wanting to hear the new stuff compared to if they did it at a normal show and you'd just get some drunk mess shouting out "Sweet Child O' Mine" half way through.

i remember during the 90's on the illusions tour axl wasn't afraid to play new stuff. axl debut lots of new songs from the illusions. wasn't any drunk guys or girls yelling out sweet child o mine when axl was playing them for the first time in front of stadium crowds

Hell even in the early 2000's Axl wasn't afraid to bust out some new material, I am not sure why not now, especially after hearing how many songs were not on CD. If anything it could help the band gel on new material and try new things to get a better sense of where to go with the new record

axl busted out chinese democracy, the blues, and madagascar. robin finck and buckethead played them brilliantly live. a few new songs in place of classics wouldn't hurt the show or ticket sales

axl busted out chinese democracy, the blues, and madagascar. robin finck and buckethead played them brilliantly live. a few new songs in place of classics wouldn't hurt the show or ticket sales

Absolutely, or even if they cut the AC/DC covers and added a couple of new tunes. I can only imagine how awesome that would be! Apparently it was a consideration last year when Going Down was a setlist option

In 91 when they were playing new stuff they knew the album was coming out shortly.

In 02 I think they thought the album wasn't far off, not to mention it was an all new band and concept at that point so they had to have something of their own.

In 06 the leaks happened and again I think they thought they were close to a release.

This time around, there is no leaks, and they haven't even stepped into the studio as a band from what we know to start recording the next album.

Why would they play rerecorded versions of the buckethead/Finck stuff live when there is no release on the horizon, and for all we know those songs won't even be on the the next record if the band were to start recording from scratch with this line-up.

The past tours have always been about promoting whatever is upcoming. This is the first time really that they are just kind of touring to sell some tickets and make a few bucks without any further agenda in mind.

Regardless of what Axl says, they are not "touring the album in support of CD" anymore. When you start going back to markets for a second time within a year for tours with nothing new to promote it is just a business trip. Nothing wrong with that, but it is what it s. That is part of why we aren't seeing anything new, and shouldn't really expect to.

he didn't run his mouth telling lies and getting fans hopes up.

Anyone who has been a fan of the band should know to disregard anything the members other than Axl say, as they have no power, no control, and know nothing. Hell, alot of times you can't even trust what Axl says, but at least he has the power to make something happen if he wanted so he is worth listening to.

Anyone who actually believes anything DJ says deserves the disappointment they get.

Guest Gunns

I miss Robin too, but I think that performance with the band a few months ago was a 1 off, Dj has probably learned already that this band doesn't operate like other ones he's been in, no matter how optimistic he portrays the situations to be.

he didn't run his mouth telling lies and getting fans hopes up.

Anyone who has been a fan of the band should know to disregard anything the members other than Axl say, as they have no power, no control, and know nothing. Hell, alot of times you can't even trust what Axl says, but at least he has the power to make something happen if he wanted so he is worth listening to.

Anyone who actually believes anything DJ says deserves the disappointment they get.

Quite right. Still sucks though. He shouldn't say anything really. I'm starting to dislike him, not just for his big talk either...

The biggest dumbass in the band ran his mouth off to get people's hopes up. Again.

What else is he supposed to do to help generate excitement for the same tour they have been doing for 6 years? Let people know that there is nothing new in the pipeline, and they should be prepared for another prolonged wait? THat is just not realistic.

Say nothing. I would gladly pay money to see this setlist every night that they play it if I was rich enough to do so. His stupid ass doesn't need to be running around making promises that won't be kept. It only leads to rightful negativity.

How many times has this moron been wrong about something new now? He promises something nearly every time he opens his mouth.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Just back from the show... I can't believe people are running their mouths about this new songs thing. I thought folk around here actually had brains enough to know that DJ hadn't singled Glasgow out as THE DATE OF ALL DATES TO PREMIER NEW MATERIAL. Scotland got a lot of songs it hadn't heard before tonight, and people fucking loved it.

I've not written a massive fucking review for a gig I've been to in the way I used to for a very long time... but I think I might do so with this show because it was extremely special to me. Crowd were great, the band were on fire... and I made my own wee mark on the setlist (which apparently no-one's listed). Ron played the national anthem at my request. I was quite the emotional wreck... but I told him that after the show.

Also, I have now met 7 members out of the 8, no prizes for guessing who eluded me!

I miss Robin too, but I think that performance with the band a few months ago was a 1 off, Dj has probably learned already that this band doesn't operate like other ones he's been in, no matter how optimistic he portrays the situations to be.

robin brought the house down on the 1 off

Just back from the show... I can't believe people are running their mouths about this new songs thing. I thought folk around here actually had brains enough to know that DJ hadn't singled Glasgow out as THE DATE OF ALL DATES TO PREMIER NEW MATERIAL. Scotland got a lot of songs it hadn't heard before tonight, and people fucking loved it.

I've not written a massive fucking review for a gig I've been to in the way I used to for a very long time... but I think I might do so with this show because it was extremely special to me. Crowd were great, the band were on fire... and I made my own wee mark on the setlist (which apparently no-one's listed). Ron played the national anthem at my request. I was quite the emotional wreck... but I told him that after the show.

Also, I have now met 7 members out of the 8, no prizes for guessing who eluded me!

the fans want new guns n roses songs played. they want something different every night

Guest Broskirose

HOLY SHIT.

Glad To Be Here is amazing. I really didn't think it would work but the way they aranged it is INSANE. It's even kind of Franks solo spot too which is awesome.

That was fantastic!!!! Bumblefoot is god!