Set List

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Broskirose

Not gonna lie, that has crossed my mind. But I really start to doubt it when I factor logic in.

jungle is cool i guess.

if you're in 5th grade.

I guess you've got a few more years before you start appreciating, then! :lol:

no leave me alone. why are you attackign me? apelea sotp!

To be honest HRS I think you're over-thnking it mate. Just trying to support the opening track from their latest album, loads of bands do it?

It's not a great opener though, 'Jungle is better, imo.

No he's once again (like so many other "returned" folks) is trying to cause arguements about ignorant sh*t that's all, dunno why some bother coming back here. Stay over at gunsnfn lol. :sleeper:

chinese democracy is a robin finck song. the opening riff is robin. the solo is robin 2. chinese democracy isn't a fu 2 guns n roses fans. chinese democracy is cool homage to mr. robin finck

PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME NOW HOW CD IS A FINCK SONG.

Cos it's shite! :lol:

gnr has the greatest opening song any band could ever hope for. but they've been choosing to kick their sets off with a hugely unpopular single from their most unpopular album. i think it's ballsy as hell in a way. but also lame in another way. do you think kicking his shows off with a turdy song fans aren't really into is just his way of saying 'fuck you' to those same fans who would rather he play popular songs / reunite / lose weight / rehearse? it's like he's raising a middle finger to the world every time they launch into that song.

"it don't really matter!"

It don't really matter

Gonna find out for yourself

No it don't really matter

You're gonna leave this thing to somebody else

Edited by pik

I like the song very much and I think it works brilliantly as an opener. Or at least it would if more people knew it.

And Jungle works very well as the second song, with the scream before it. The transition between the two sounds pretty good.

What I'd like to see is some variation though. Change the opener each night, maybe alternate two songs for that position.

Thing is, they have the big intro and the video on the big screen and all that, they've invested too much into the setlist (e.g. LALD pyro) to change it.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

To be honest HRS I think you're over-thnking it mate. Just trying to support the opening track from their latest album, loads of bands do it?

It's not a great opener though, 'Jungle is better, imo.

No he's once again (like so many other "returned" folks) is trying to cause arguements about ignorant sh*t that's all, dunno why some bother coming back here. Stay over at gunsnfn lol. :sleeper:

Yeah, if he doesn't have the same opinion as you he should go to another board! Argh! You know, the whole purpose of a forum gets lost with your thinking. It's as if I'd tell all fake GNR fans to go back to HTGTH where they belong. It's just silly.

I like the song very much and I think it works brilliantly as an opener. Or at least it would if more people knew it.

And Jungle works very well as the second song, with the scream before it. The transition between the two sounds pretty good.

What I'd like to see is some variation though. Change the opener each night, maybe alternate two songs for that position.

Thing is, they have the big intro and the video on the big screen and all that, they've invested too much into the setlist (e.g. LALD pyro) to change it.

But, when you remember that normally people may go to see, what - one Guns gig? You want to see pretty much the same as everyone else, I'd personally be annoyed if they opened with something random and didn't get through the majority of songs I wanted to hear.

It's different, as diehard fans, we can analyse and see every setlist since the foundation of the band. That, in itself, can be very damaging - because it means we're hard to surprise and therefore expect little deviation each night. But for any casual fan, or fan seeing the show that night, they want to hear certain things, and probably in a certain order!

I personally like the order they go in, even if it has been formulaic of the last few years, and for me - that's fine. I can certainly appreciate the opposite, but if you're at a show and they don't play Jungle (as an example), you're probably going to be pissed. :shrugs:

But, when you remember that normally people may go to see, what - one Guns gig? You want to see pretty much the same as everyone else, I'd personally be annoyed if they opened with something random and didn't get through the majority of songs I wanted to hear.

It's different, as diehard fans, we can analyse and see every setlist since the foundation of the band. That, in itself, can be very damaging - because it means we're hard to surprise and therefore expect little deviation each night. But for any casual fan, or fan seeing the show that night, they want to hear certain things, and probably in a certain order!

I personally like the order they go in, even if it has been formulaic of the last few years, and for me - that's fine. I can certainly appreciate the opposite, but if you're at a show and they don't play Jungle (as an example), you're probably going to be pissed. :shrugs:

Fuck the normal people.

if everybody loves cd as much as the regular obsessives on the gnr forum, then how come it didn't get any airplay? how'd it chart? admit it... that song isn't popular, regardless of whether or not 30 people on the internet disagree.

Admit it, this is what you really wanted to discuss all the while...

if everybody loves cd as much as the regular obsessives on the gnr forum, then how come it didn't get any airplay? how'd it chart? admit it... that song isn't popular, regardless of whether or not 30 people on the internet disagree.

You think? I don't think that all these fans agree with you. :shrugs:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Agreed. It's pretty funny to read these boards sometimes, because the people on them seem to think that what is said here goes in the real world as well and that everyone knows all about Axl's craziness, late show starts, everyone think CD is a masterpiece, etc.. They basically live in some sort of internet bubble. Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh at it or not.

This is the third time in a week or so that a thread has been started questioning the choice of CD as an opener so anybody pretending that this is a wonderfully original and pertinent topic of discussion should have had their say in those threads.

If you want to interpret all actions by current GN'R from their choice of openers to their wardrobe as a slap in your face then you're going to end up with a very puffy face. Suit yourself.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah, let's go back to some more important and interesting topics, such as whether Axl should shave his moustache or not.

Yeah, let's go back to some more important and interesting topics, such as whether Axl should shave his moustache or not.

The mustache/DJ's hat/Axl's weight are far more important to those who have no interest in current GN'R than those who do - trivial things cause them so much pain. There's already a permanent setlist thread where cribbing about the opener can carry on ad nauseum.

standing there, the atmosphere when the red faces and the eerie whispers start is pretty intense. It's a great opener especially with the pyro.

Until the actual song kicks in and you realise that 99% of the crowd wouldn't piss in its pockets if its bollocks were on fire! :rolleyes:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

But even if some of us don't have a very big interest for new GNR, we still go to the concerts, since Axl is one of our big idols. Should we not be allowed to discuss certain things because you think it's annoying to have to see the topic on the first page?

i wish i was a mod so i could delete this fuckin topics created by retards

is this satire?

:lol:

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

But even if some of us don't have a very big interest for new GNR, we still go to the concerts, since Axl is one of our big idols. Should we not be allowed to discuss certain things because you think it's annoying to have to see the topic on the first page?

Don't play the victim. Nobody said you couldn't discuss it but there are already designated threads where it can be discussed.

3 threads in less than two weeks on this one topic is undeniably ridiculous. Did people suddenly and collectively wake up to the revelation that CD is being played as an opener and this needs to be urgently criticized?