Set List

gnr has the greatest opening song any band could ever hope for. but they've been choosing to kick their sets off with a hugely unpopular single from their most unpopular album. i think it's ballsy as hell in a way. but also lame in another way. do you think kicking his shows off with a turdy song fans aren't really into is just his way of saying 'fuck you' to those same fans who would rather he play popular songs / reunite / lose weight / rehearse? it's like he's raising a middle finger to the world every time they launch into that song.

"it don't really matter!"

Chinese is a great song and a great opener. So my answer to your question is "No?"

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But even if some of us don't have a very big interest for new GNR, we still go to the concerts, since Axl is one of our big idols. Should we not be allowed to discuss certain things because you think it's annoying to have to see the topic on the first page?

Don't play the victim. Nobody said you couldn't discuss it but there are already designated threads where it can be discussed.

3 threads in less than two weeks on this one topic is undeniably ridiculous. Did people suddenly and collectively wake up to the revelation that CD is being played as an opener and this needs to be urgently criticized?

no, i've just been busy and somehow checking threads on the mygnr forum didn't make it to the top of my list of priorities. but if what you said is true, then it sounds like there's lots of people who share my opinion. sounds like a hot topic of conversation for fans!

Chinese is a great song

lol

and a great opener

lol

Dazey just stop...just because you don't think so doesn't make it fact. All the hsows I attended people went fuckin' insane when they kicked off the show with CD.

lol :lol:

people were going crazy because the show was kicked off, not because they love chinese democracy.

if you doubt me, poll one hundred strangers who don't live on a guns n' roses forum. i'll bet they'll all pick jungle, if for no other reason than they've never heard rock you like a teen spirit hurricane.

people were going crazy because the show was kicked off, not because they love chinese democracy.

if you doubt me, poll one hundred strangers who don't live on a guns n' roses forum. i'll bet they'll all pick jungle, if for no other reason than they've never heard rock you like a teen spirit hurricane.

That's strange cos at the show I was at the crowd didn't go even slightly crazy until Jungle kicked off. Seems like that's pretty standard too judging by videos of other shows on youtube. :shrugs:

That's strange cos at the show I was at the crowd didn't go even slightly crazy until Jungle kicked off. Seems like that's pretty standard too judging by videos of other shows on youtube. :shrugs:

At the O2?

Guess you couldn't see sitting down at the back grandad 2937254162.png

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

But even if some of us don't have a very big interest for new GNR, we still go to the concerts, since Axl is one of our big idols. Should we not be allowed to discuss certain things because you think it's annoying to have to see the topic on the first page?

Don't play the victim. Nobody said you couldn't discuss it but there are already designated threads where it can be discussed.

3 threads in less than two weeks on this one topic is undeniably ridiculous. Did people suddenly and collectively wake up to the revelation that CD is being played as an opener and this needs to be urgently criticized?

So let me ask you. Do you think people should stop making new threads? Because literally everything we discuss on this board has been discussed many times before.

Also, like HRS said, it seems to be a hot topic that many agrees with, so it is relevant to discuss it.

At the O2?

Guess you couldn't see sitting down at the back grandad 2937254162.png

On the contrary dear boy, I had a much better view of the crowd as a whole as opposed to the few people in the immediate vicinity. ;) People were pretty sedate for the opener then the crowd went wild for Jungle.

Starting the set with CD is one of the few things that differentiates this tour from the 2001-07 ones. It's also one of the only things that shows that the band has any desire to move forward and not focus on AFD.

Sure, the song sucks, but it's the most appropriate opener for NuGNR.

playing a sucky song from a four year old album is evidence of a "band moving forward?" only in the land of crazy gnr obsessives.

gnr should embrace the fact that they're a nostalgia act. nothing to be ashamed of. very few bands are lucky enough to create that kind of legacy. or to have another band create that legacy for them. i'm sure the new guys feel honored to get to help recreate something so special for so many people.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

playing a sucky song from a four year old album is evidence of a "band moving forward?" only in the land of crazy gnr obsessives.

gnr should embrace the fact that they're a nostalgia act. nothing to be ashamed of. very few bands are lucky enough to create that kind of legacy. or to have another band create that legacy for them. i'm sure the new guys feel honored to get to help recreate something so special for so many people.

"sucky song"? that is just your opinion dude. 4 Year album? Is that a problem or something? when was the last Metallica album? Oh that's right nobody bitches about other bands....

Edited by volcano62

So let me ask you. Do you think people should stop making new threads? Because literally everything we discuss on this board has been discussed many times before.

Also, like HRS said, it seems to be a hot topic that many agrees with, so it is relevant to discuss it.

Are you chronically unsure of how forums work because your questions are very basic. There's no reason for multiple threads in such short succession of time on one topic unless there is some new development.

Three pages doesnt make something a "hot topic". As for "many agree with it", many would also agree that new leaks are urgently required and should be placed on this forum but that doesn't mean that it would be done.

As I said before, the setlist thread exists for such discussions.

Edited by rabia

gnr has the greatest opening song any band could ever hope for. but they've been choosing to kick their sets off with a hugely unpopular single from their most unpopular album. i think it's ballsy as hell in a way. but also lame in another way. do you think kicking his shows off with a turdy song fans aren't really into is just his way of saying 'fuck you' to those same fans who would rather he play popular songs / reunite / lose weight / rehearse? it's like he's raising a middle finger to the world every time they launch into that song.

"it don't really matter!"

I'm guessing it's the closest thing to a rocker on CD and maybe that's why he chooses to open with it

Not necessarily moving forward, but opening the show with a CD song as opposed to an AFD song shows that they don't want to be seen as a nostalgia band.