Set List

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone else has posted these, but these were two photos I took of the setlist I was given at the end of the London O2 gig, second night.

575935_10151845987175105_314586998_n.jpg

292603_10151845983085105_277252822_n.jpg

When I'm back home, I can potentially scan these in - but thought you'd rather have a look at them, if they've not been posted already.

Not sure if anyone else has posted these, but these were two photos I took of the setlist I was given at the end of the London O2 gig, second night.

575935_10151845987175105_314586998_n.jpg

292603_10151845983085105_277252822_n.jpg

When I'm back home, I can potentially scan these in - but thought you'd rather have a look at them, if they've not been posted already.

Not too different to my setlist from Hamilton last year. Surprised to see Riad back on there though!

If Axl could whip out the rasp for Perfect Crime that'd be great. It'd be interesting to hear his take on The Seeker, but then if you count Dizzy's solo that'd be two Who covers in the set.

Heavt pyro on NR? Why? It's not a heavy song, even the out solo isn't that heavy or monumental.

Perhaps it just means a "heavy" amount of pyro, since the outro has the most fireworks out of the whole stage show.

Can never trust those, so easy to fake.

These are the same as the copies the band have onstage...why would they be fake?

Not to mention, all members of security had these specific copies - I got mine from the head. If you choose to doubt this, absolutely fine - but I have no reason to make this up :shrugs:

Heavt pyro on NR? Why? It's not a heavy song, even the out solo isn't that heavy or monumental.

Perhaps it just means a "heavy" amount of pyro, since the outro has the most fireworks out of the whole stage show.

Yup, the annotations refer to pyro or effects, rather than the music itself!!

Not too different to my setlist from Hamilton last year. Surprised to see Riad back on there though!

Yeah, I know - pretty similar, but good to see that there's some making a come back!

I think the setlist needs a lot more variety. Consider that on the UYI tour, you could get a totally different show every night in terms of the setlist..Whereas since 2001 it's been pretty regimented, pretty by numbers...Very few shockers, shake ups or surprises...It's always been either WTTJ or CD as the show opener and always been PC as the show closer...It just seems a little too formulaic and I think the UYI way of doing things was the best and kept it interesting. I mean, WTTJ has been the opener for the better part of GN'R's career, so much so that it's kinda gimmicky. Like, "Oh yeah, welcome to the show...welcome to the Jungle!" It just gets old...CD is not really my favorite song so I dunno...The rest of the set has too many covers and has been, with little changes, pretty much the same since 2001. It should be shaken up a little.

I mean on the UYI tour the following songs were all show openers at least once, in some cases, multiple times as opener:

1) Pretty Tied Up

2) Right Next Door to Hell

3) Perfect Crime

4) Nighttrain

5) Coma

6) You Could Be Mine

7) Mr. Brownstone

8) It's So Easy

9) Double Talkin' Jive

10) Out Ta Get Me

That's ten openers that were used in variety...Since 2001, we've only had two.

Consider also several nights in a row the setlist from a segment of the UYI tour:

06.01.91 - Capital Music Center, Grove City, OH

opening act: Skid Row

set: Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, It's So Easy, Patience, Used To Love Her, Civil War, Live And Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Pretty Tied Up, Double Talkin' Jive, Estranged, November Rain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Paradise City

attendance: 13,600

audio/video recording?: no

notes: This setlist is incomplete and not in any particular order.

after show pass

review

ticket

06.02.91 - Toledo Speedway, Toledo, OH

set: Welcome To The Jungle, Dust N' Bones, 14 Years, November Rain, Don't Cry, Pretty Tied Up, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Live And Let Die, Only Women Bleed [intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Sweet Child O' Mine, Godfather Theme

attendance: 30,000

audio/video recording?: no

notes: This setlist is incomplete.

crew t-shirt

reviews

ticket

06.04.91 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield, OH

set: Coma, Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, Dust N' Bones, Don't Cry, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [intro] / Patience, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Pretty Tied Up, November Rain, My Michelle, Paradise City, Used To Love Her, Only Women Bleed [intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Bad Time [intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine

audio/video recording?: audio [incomplete]

notes: This setlist is possibly incomplete. The first live performance of 'Coma'. Axl says how it was ex-manager Alan Niven's idea to tour before the new record came out. Axl goes off on Mötley Crüe. 'Paradise City' is played early in the set, unusual because it is almost always the last song played.

guest pass

review

ticket

working personnel pass

set: Pretty Tied Up, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Welcome To The Jungle, Dust N' Bones, Double Talkin' Jive, Perfect Crime, Civil War, Live And Let Die, I Was Only Joking [intro] / Patience, November Rain, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Rocket Queen, Only Women Bleed [intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door

audio/video recording?: audio, video

notes: Axl rants on fans who just want to hear AFD and not the new songs. Once again Axl goes off on Geffen for wanting the record to come out too early. Towards the end of 'Civil War,' Axl jumps into the crowd to stop a security guard from beating up a fan. The show is ended early because of a local curfew.

ticket

06.20.91 - Capitol Centre, Landover, MD

set: Pretty Tied Up, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Perfect Crime, Dust N' Bones, Live And Let Die, I Was Only Joking [intro] / Patience, Civil War, Move To The City, 14 Years, November Rain, Welcome To The Jungle, You Could Be Mine, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Sweet Child O' Mine, Only Women Bleed [intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Paradise City

audio/video recording?: audio

notes: Slash and Axl say that GN'R hasn't performed 'Move To The City' in 3 years. Axl goes off on Alan Niven, GN'R's former manager. Axl says the last time they played 'You Could Be Mine,' he forgot some lyrics and just said “suck my dick” instead!

ticket

08.03.91 - Great Western Forum, Inglewood, CA

set: Perfect Crime, Mr. Brownstone, Right Next Door To Hell, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, It's So Easy, Yesterdays, Dust N' Bones, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [intro] / Patience, You Could Be Mine, Piano Solo, November Rain, My Michelle, 14 Years, Nightrain, Welcome To The Jungle, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Pretty Tied Up, Rocket Queen, Don't Cry [w/ Shannon Hoon], Only Women Bleed [intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door

encore 1: You Ain't The First [w/ Shannon Hoon], Used To Love Her, Move To The City, Bad Time [intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, You're Crazy [w/ Sebastian Bach], Locomotive, Out Ta Get Me, Dead Horse

encore 2: Estranged, Paradise City

notes: Unbelievable setlist which resulted in the longest show of the entire UYI tour. The band didn't want to leave the stage! 10 songs from Appetite For Destruction are played! Special guest performances by Shannon Hoon and Sebastian Bach. The show ends at 3:36 a.m. after nearly 4 hours!

after show pass

guest pass

newspaper ad

photo

support guest pass

ticket

08.13.91 - Jäahalli, Helsinki, Finland

set: Mr. Brownstone, Perfect Crime, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, Dust N' Bones, Civil War, Double Talkin' Jive, I Was Only Joking [intro] / Patience, Welcome To The Jungle [instrumental] , 14 Years, Drum Solo, Godfather Theme, Welcome To The Jungle, November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Only Women Bleed [intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Bad Time [intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Estranged, Paradise City

notes: This is the first show in Europe on the UYI tour. Unusual opening performance of 'Mr. Brownstone,' which is usually the second song played. Axl thanks the Finnish crowd for giving them Hanoi Rocks. 'Welcome To The Jungle' is played instrumentally for the most part, apparently something happened to Axl. Then, without Axl, the band plays '14 Years.' After some time off, Axl comes back and the band plays 'Welcome To The Jungle' completely. The opening to 'Paradise City' is a bit different – it starts out with Slash jamming on the opening chords and Axl singing the first 2 lines, just the two of them.

photos

review

ticket

Pretty varied...Whereas since 2001 except for the introduction of 'new' old songs or CD songs it's been rather formulaic.

And the setlist varied greatly both in arrangement and songs played from night to night...GN'R has a large catalogue (both studio and live) songs to play from. 30 UYI songs, 12 AFD songs, 13 TSI songs, 8 Lies songs, plus tons of old unreleased songs, covers and live songs...It should be explored more.

Edited by Indigo Miser

These are the same as the copies the band have onstage...why would they be fake?

not enough nu-unreleased chinese democracy material on those setlist copies lists

Disappointing as is - they're legit.

legit. but not enough variety with nu-chinese or nu-unreleased chinese songs in the setlists for the live shows on this tour

not enough nu-unreleased chinese democracy material on those setlist copies lists

legit. but not enough variety with nu-chinese or nu-unreleased chinese songs in the setlists for the live shows on this tour

That as the case may be, three hours of great material per night is good enough for most of us.

That as the case may be, three hours of great material per night is good enough for most of us.

it's 3 hours of guns n roses greatest hits songs. slash does classic guns songs live 2 at shows

it's 3 hours of guns n roses greatest hits songs. slash does classic guns songs live 2 at shows

Interspersed with a variety of new material - just like any other musician or group...

Interspersed with a variety of new material - just like any other musician or group...

new material 4 years ago. but no new material since chinese democracy. people looking for something different

Edited by finck6

new material 4 years ago. but no new material since chinese democracy. people looking for something different

Until they stop selling out shows - then I guess this is what we'll have!

And the solo spots are new :xmasschef: