Set List

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would your DREAM 2012 Guns N' Roses Tour Setlist be or what song do you want Axl to pull out next? :)

If I had to say I would LOVE for Axl and the gang to play the setlist from the usual ending meaning start with paradise city and play the order backwards to Chinese Democracy

my dream 2012 GUNS N ROSES setlist is all nu-material with axl rose, robin finck, buckethead, tommy stinson, richard fortus, dizzy reed, chris pittman, and brain playing all the nu-material live

Chinese Democracy

Mr Brownstone

You're Crazy

Sorry

Civil War

It's So Easy

- Fortus solo

Out Ta Get Me / IRS (alternate)

Better

My Michelle

Estranged

- Dj solo

Sweet Child O Mine

Nice Boys

This I Love

- Axl solo

November rain

Shacklers Revenge

Welcome To The Jungle

- Bumblefoot solo

Don't Cry

Oh My God

Madagascar

Nightrain

Encore:

There Was A Time

*"Blood in the Water" or another new song*

Rocket Queen

Paradise City

Dexter Intro

Silkworms

Fuck You [slash] (Guest appearance Cee Lo)

Nothin But a G Thang fr. Snoop Dogg

Fortus Guitar solo

Mr. Brownstone

Kick Start My Heart

Patience

Wish You Were Here [slash]

I Believe in a Thing Called Love

Massive Insane Drum Solo

Theme from James Cameron's Terminator

You Could Be Mine [slash]

It's Too Late (to apologize)

Chris Pitman Funky Synth

Jump ft. special guest David Lee Roth

Paradise City

-------------------

Freebird

Express Yourself ft. Dr. Dre

The End fr. hologram Jim Morrison

Dexter Intro

Silkworms

Fuck You [slash] (Guest appearance Cee Lo)

Nothin But a G Thang fr. Snoop Dogg

Fortus Guitar solo

Mr. Brownstone

Kick Start My Heart

Patience

Wish You Were Here [slash]

I Believe in a Thing Called Love

Massive Insane Drum Solo

Theme from James Cameron's Terminator

You Could Be Mine [slash]

It's Too Late (to apologize)

Chris Pitman Funky Synth

Jump ft. special guest David Lee Roth

Paradise City

-------------------

Freebird

Express Yourself ft. Dr. Dre

The End fr. hologram Jim Morrison

:lol:

Intro The General

1. The General

2. Chinese Democracy

3. It's So Easy

4. Brownstone

5. Rocket Queen

6. Estranged

7. There Was a Time

8. Welcome To The Jungle

9. Double Talkin Jive

10. Oh My God

11. Perfect Crime

12. IRS

13. Sorry

14. My Michelle

15. Nightrain

16. Motivation (Tommy Stinson)

17. Crazy

18. Yesterdays

19. Live & Let Die

20. Big jam with axl on piano and some crazy guitar"s solo

21. This I Love (axl on piano)

22. The Blues (axl on piano)

23. November Rain (axl on piano)

24. KOHD

25. Civil War

26. Shackler

27. Better

28. Get in The Ring

Encore :

Nice Boys

Madagascar

Paradise City

Wake up....

I didn't like LALD even back when the Illusions came out. But a lot of the female GnR fans seem to like it, so what can you do. As for getting excited because of pyro.......I guess I'm not a teenager, so pryo at a rock concert really doesn't do much for me.

Heck, drop the pyro and do an acoustic version of the song - then I might like it.

But KOHD needs to be retired.

Back in the day, live performances of KOHD were full of energy and anger and it was a real highlight of the set. Go back and listen to the live version where Axl talks about not knowing if there was a God, but if there was, he can't understand why he would take his friend away. I hate this word, but back then it was an "epic" type song.

But today it just drags on and has no emotion, energy and soul to it. Even towards the end when he has the crowd sing has lost it's muster. The crowd singing isn't even very loud.

Today it seems (to me) like a song that allows Axl to take a breather for 10 minutes.

Intro The General

1. The General

2. Chinese Democracy

3. It's So Easy

4. Brownstone

5. Rocket Queen

6. Estranged

7. There Was a Time

8. Welcome To The Jungle

9. Double Talkin Jive

10. Oh My God

11. Perfect Crime

12. IRS

13. Sorry

14. My Michelle

15. Nightrain

16. Motivation (Tommy Stinson)

17. Crazy

18. Yesterdays

19. Live & Let Die

20. Big jam with axl on piano and some crazy guitar"s solo

21. This I Love (axl on piano)

22. The Blues (axl on piano)

23. November Rain (axl on piano)

24. KOHD

25. Civil War

26. Shackler

27. Better

28. Get in The Ring

Encore :

Nice Boys

Madagascar

Paradise City

Wake up....

you could use more nu-material in the setlist posted above

If he could sing it correctly, I'd pick IRS. There's very very little growl in that song, yet he always sings it live that way, which is part of why it never works.

And the other thing we'd have to watch for is DJ Ashba changing the solo. I dont even like the solo but a DJ Ashba solo would cut IRS' nuts off.

Edited by Eu4ic

i want to dream also (:

00-The General Intro

01-The General

02-WTTJ

03-Easy/Scraped (Rotate)

04-Brownstone/Out Ta Get Me (Rotate)

05-CITR

06-Shackler's

07-Estranged

---Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (the new one)---

08-TWAT

09-Better

10-ITW

11-YCBM

12-I.R.S.

---DJ Ashba Guitar Solo (Mi Amor or Ballad of Death)---

13-SCOM

---Jam/Axl Piano Solo---

14-November Rain

15-SOD

16-This I Love

---Bumblefoot (Glad To Be Here, Turn Around or anothers cool solo songs)---

17-Civil War

[Mini-Acoustic Set]

18-Patience

19-You Ain't the First

20-Used to Love Her/One In A Million (Rotate)

21-You're Crazy

[back to the fuckin' crazy show :D]

22-Paradise City/Nightrain (Rotate)

----ENCORE TIME :D----

23-Madagascar/Sorry (Rotate)

24-Prostitute

25-New Songs spot (OMG/Silkworms or any other unreleased song)

26-Rocket Queen

(:

They need to play more Chinese Democracy songs.

Why not play TWAT, Catcher, Prostitute, ITW, Scraped, Riad or I.R.S.? They have many options, and insist on playing covers. =/

But no doubt the current setlist is amazing, after all the setlists are made for those who go to shows, and not for who is following over the Internet.

They need to play more Chinese Democracy songs.

Why not play TWAT, Catcher, Prostitute, ITW, Scraped, Riad or I.R.S.? They have many options, and insist on playing covers. =/

But no doubt the current setlist is amazing, after all the setlists are made for those who go to shows, and not for who is following over the Internet.

more chinese songs and more unreleased chinese songs too in the setlists

MSL,do you hold Chinese in higher regard than appetite?

GNR=AFD

i don't know about MSL.....but i hold chinese n higher regard than appetite. because of the big riffs and EPIC solos on the record from robin and bucket. their work takes what slash did before on appetite 2 the next level of rock on chinese

I certainly wouldn't complain if they played more Chinese. It's my favorite GNR album and the more they play from it, the happier I'm gong to be. With that said, they've played seven Chinese songs at the recent shows I've been to, which is a lot more than most legacy artists would play from their new album, especially 3 1/2 years after its release.

As for the covers, I see this complaint a lot and don't really understand it. Two of the covers they play were released on studio albums and are two of the biggest hits the band ever had. Covers or not, most fans will expect and want to hear those songs.

They don't play Riff Raff anymore.

Another Brick in the Wall is just a jam that's played while they move the piano out from under the drum riser.

That leaves Whole Lotta Rosie, which isn't played every night. I personally love hearing it as it's my favorite Appetite b-side and it's a cool nod to the early days of the band.

But all in all, they don't play very many covers. The complaints are way overblown in my opinion.

Yes, they don't play many covers. But would be interesting to rotate the songs.

GNR=AFD

i don't know about MSL.....but i hold chinese n higher regard than appetite. because of the big riffs and EPIC solos on the record from robin and bucket. their work takes what slash did before on appetite 2 the next level of rock on chinese

Yeah, I preffer more Chinese too.

Edited by LuanVictorxD

I certainly wouldn't complain if they played more Chinese. It's my favorite GNR album and the more they play from it, the happier I'm gong to be. With that said, they've played seven Chinese songs at the recent shows I've been to, which is a lot more than most legacy artists would play from their new album, especially 3 1/2 years after its release.

As for the covers, I see this complaint a lot and don't really understand it. Two of the covers they play were released on studio albums and are two of the biggest hits the band ever had. Covers or not, most fans will expect and want to hear those songs.

They don't play Riff Raff anymore.

Another Brick in the Wall is just a jam that's played while they move the piano out from under the drum riser.

That leaves Whole Lotta Rosie, which isn't played every night. I personally love hearing it as it's my favorite Appetite b-side and it's a cool nod to the early days of the band.

But all in all, they don't play very many covers. The complaints are way overblown in my opinion.

Yes, they don't play many covers. But would be interesting to rotate the songs.

GNR=AFD

Yeah, I preffer more Chinese too.

yeah. more chinese is the ticket

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Why is it senseless & idiotic ? It's a decent thread actually, maybe you need a girlfriend or something

Yeah that's what it is... :rolleyes: Or perhaps it's the fact I'm familiar with the brainlessness of the guy behind these threads?

Why is it senseless & idiotic ? It's a decent thread actually, maybe you need a girlfriend or something

Yeah that's what it is... :rolleyes: Or perhaps it's the fact I'm familiar with the brainlessness of the guy behind these threads?

this represents change. don't be like the republican party. don't be obstructionists. support obama. support change. support nu-unreleased chinese material in the setlists