Guns N' Roses - Manchester MEN Arena (29/05/12)

SMG

There are no doubts that those are jams.

well, they're not jamming. it's the same thing every night. maddy, patience & paradise all have cool little intros added. it's silly to write the intros as separate "jams" on the setlist. the songs have just been extended with new intros.

No set list should have an intro , solo, and jams on it. Laughable.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no doubts that those are jams.

well, they're not jamming. it's the same thing every night. maddy, patience & paradise all have cool little intros added. it's silly to write the intros as separate "jams" on the setlist. the songs have just been extended with new intros.

Well, you have a point there.

But they do have names and whatnot so...

Back in 2010 when Axl didn't sing Don't Cry, Bumblefoot was still playing that song, so is that a jam or an intro?

Edited by Freaka

Hello all! Just got into the hotel! Awesome night, Shacklers was a great suprise!!!!! Seeing those fireworks shoot up, Before Axl said "this is one the band wanted to play" and then boom!!! Next stop, London 02! Quit bitching kids!

Hello all! Just got into the hotel! Awesome night, Shacklers was a great suprise!!!!! Seeing those fireworks shoot up, Before Axl said "this is one the band wanted to play" and then boom!!! Next stop, London 02! Quit bitching kids!

Awesome treat! Glad you had a blast!!

those complaining about the jams clearly do not go to shows. stop trying to judge a concert by reading about it on the internet.

I actually heard people complaining and asking where Axl was during Sunday Bloody Sunday in RiR. I get he's 50 and all but he's kinda overdoing it to a point it'd be better to leave some songs out and have a more to-the-point setlist.

this seems to be good (: isn't a very rare song, but at least i think Axl heard what the band had to say

this seems to be good (: isn't a very rare song, but at least i think Axl heard what the band had to say

Band should've gone more greedy and asked for IRS :tongue2:

Or they're just saving it for the live stream :monkey:

No set list should have an intro , solo, and jams on it. Laughable.

i never write them when i do live updates from the shows i go to, but then people get made. i think it's very silly to see "jam" written a million times in the encore of every show.

the pre-maddy is fucking awesome IMO. i love pre-paradise too. pre-patience is nothing special.

Yes- an intro to a song is fine. Ala Sailaway into SCOM and the Maddy infro you speak of. But they shouldnt be on setlist. And what ever happened to an old fashioned audible?

well, i don't know, but that thing let me a little more happy. don't know why, and i don't wanna u guys tell me to not expect surprises or anything like that stuff, let me be happy :thumbsup: maybe next time they ask for I.R.S. or If the World...

well, i don't know, but that thing let me a little more happy. don't know why, and i don't wanna u guys tell me to not expect surprises or anything like that stuff, let me be happy :thumbsup: maybe next time they ask for I.R.S. or If the World...

Haha that'd be great!! 'cause Shackler's pretty hard to sing (the chorus), if Axl can sing Shackler's and even TWAT once, he can definitely give IRS a go.

Haha that'd be great!! 'cause Shackler's pretty hard to sing (the chorus), if Axl can sing Shackler's and even TWAT once, he can definitely give IRS a go.

For sure, even Prostitute would be cool if he sing it like he did with TWAT (; i mean, for me, Axl can pull-off the entire CD live.

Edited by FabioRoses

Just got in from a full day drinking and watching my favourite GNR show to date. Crowd was amazing, no booing towards the bands obvious late start. First few tracks up to sorry just just had the floor bouncing. Estranged just blew me away tho what a performance.

This band is just so tight live it's unbelievable. Only minor criticism is tommy Stinson solo and bumblefoot solo, just did nothing for me.

Roll on rest of the tour, anybody who is goin is in for a treat.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Axl's voice was top notch!

Some nice guys let me go in front of them cos I'm so short so I was front centre!!!

Uploading Civil War and Shacklers. Connection is slow but will post asap.

Shackler's sounded amazing and was much appreciated addition to the setlist, Axl was on cracking form, absolutely nailed Civil War, Estranged, Sorry etc.

I would say they need to tweak/remove some of the jams; Motivation just goes over the entire crowd's head, and towards the end of the set in particular everything is jam-heavy. I get that Axl isn't in the shape he has been in the past and needs more breaks than he did when he was younger, but it's correct to say that they highlight just how late it is and how knackered you are. Removing the pre-Patience and Paradise jams would work better, but I think the pre-Maddy one should stay as it's such a fucking cool intro to the song.

I said I wanted Shaklers and they played it, probably the highlight of the night. Great show although the vocals were inaudible at the beginning when stood at the front. Went to the back after Better and it was a lot clearer. Axl sounded great, particularly on TIL.

Highlights apart from Shacklers were Estranged, Better, Civil War and Nightrain for me. As for the jams well yes there are too many but I just use it as an chance for a breather. Have to say though, Motivation does go over people's heads. As my mate said to me: "it's no Attitude". I think they could drop that as well as Ron's song which doesn't really highlight his talent. All in all a great night, though I think next time they tour here they really need a new album to support.