Guns N' Roses ban fans from wearing Slash t-shirts to their UK gigs

Zint

I have a lion as a pet. I can't prove you that I have a lion because I don't have a camera and can't upload it to prove it to you. Therefore to you it ain't a verified fact, but it is still a fact.

I don't believe you, but, I have no way of knowing if it's a fact or not. However, I do know it's not an opinion. Either you have a lion or you don't. I can choose to believe or to not believe. However, opinion has nothing to do with whether you have a lion.

No, but I can guess and say, "In my opinion, you're telling the truth, and you do have a lion," and it really will be just an opinion/assumption until it's proven.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lion as a pet. I can't prove you that I have a lion because I don't have a camera and can't upload it to prove it to you. Therefore to you it ain't a verified fact, but it is still a fact.

I don't believe you, but, I have no way of knowing if it's a fact or not. However, I do know it's not an opinion. Either you have a lion or you don't. I can choose to believe or to not believe. However, opinion has nothing to do with whether you have a lion.

charlie-sheen-winning-t-shirts_design.png

I'm smart, I deserve a cookie.

Its not a fact, its you claiming to have a pet lion. Until you can prove it, it remains a claim.

In this case he's making a claim about himself, not offering some unsubstantiated claim about someone else. He's not expressing a personal view or making a judgement based on alleged facts regarding another person or persons. Huge difference than what you've been trying to pull off.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

Its not a fact, its you claiming to have a pet lion. Until you can prove it, it remains a claim.

Fuck, NO, it is a fkn fact, not a claim. You choose to believe or not and that's fine, but it is a fact. I can't believe how you people can't understand that. I'm borrowing a camera right now so I'll take a picture.

While not as good as the famous MSL cupcake thread this one has turned into another winner...I am trying to do some computer work but can't stop peeking in...like passing a car wreck where you don't want to look but can't help yourself...........

Fuck, NO, it is a fkn fact, not a claim. You choose to believe or not and that's fine, but it is a fact. I can't believe how you people can't understand that. I'm borrowing a camera right now so I'll take a picture.

I really don't care that you can't believe how many people can't understand that. The fact remains that it may be a fact to you but until you prove it to everyone else it remains you making a claim to have a pet lion.

In this case he's making a claim about himself, not offering some unsubstantiated claim about someone else. He's not expressing a personal view or making a judgement based on alleged facts regarding another person or persons. Huge difference than what you've been trying to pull off.

I am not expressing a personal view or making a judgement based on alleged facts. Try again.

Without providing any proof that is exactly you're doing here.

How about YOU try again. And this time, instead of repeating the same old opinion, back it up with facts. Think you can do that?

While not as good as the famous MSL cupcake thread this one has turned into another winner...I am trying to do some computer work but can't stop peeking in...like passing a car wreck where you don't want to look but can't help yourself...........

the f4it kids strike again

Are they like the 7 dwarfs?

MSL and the seven cupcakes..has certain ring to it............

Edited by classicrawker

I can't help it, but I am starting to like MSL. I never did before, but admit he is highly entertaining and so are the arguments. :shrugs:

By the way, totally of topic what happened to BBA, is he already banned?

How about YOU try again. And this time, instead of repeating the same old opinion, back it up with facts. Think you can do that?

Something does not become a personal view simply because you are not privvy to the information in question.

It's really quite sad how much you're struggling to understand the differences between fact and opinion.

No, what's really sad here is that you continue to clog threads with your opinions and represnt them as facts. When you're called out on it, your only recoourse is to twist definitions of certain words to suit your argument, rather than simply backing up your statements with facts. Your whole schtick of people being "quite clueless" and "quite sad" is like I said before "quite lame". I'm not the one who clueless and sad merely because you can't offer any proof for your own words.

That's a guy who has lost the fight dude. You're down for the count. 1....2.....3

Something does not become a personal view simply because you are not privvy to the information in question.

It's really quite sad how much you're struggling to understand the differences between fact and opinion.

No, what's really sad here is that you continue to clog threads with your opinions and represnt them as facts. When you're called out on it, your only recoourse is to twist definitions of certain words to suit your argument, rather than simply backing up your statements with facts. Your whole schtick of people being "quite clueless" and "quite sad" is like I said before "quite lame". I'm not the one who clueless and sad merely because you can't offer any proof for your own words.

That's a guy who has lost the fight dude. You're down for the count. 1....2.....3

If you believe you won the argument, then why are you still arguing? Just leave the thread and don't reply to MSL. Its almost like 'you hang up, no you hang up, no you hang up!' No one wants to quit

the f4it kids strike again

Are they like the 7 dwarfs?

MSL and the seven cupcakes..has certain ring to it............

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Axl would also get his ass sued if the left for such a pathetic reason. He can't say that he feared for his safety because someone was wearing a shirt.

Why would he be sued? What is the cause of action?

First, the UK has no written constitution so there is no 1st amendment argument like in the US.

Second, and most importantly, even if you argued it was against some freedom of expressions law in the UK it would not be applicable. Freedom of Expression only is usable in areas of public property. The venues are private and when you buy your ticket you agree to follow the rules and regulations of the property owner.

I think you misunderstood what I was leaning at. You think the concertgoers wanting refunds and the concert promoters having to lose money on the event wouldn't sue for damages?

Everyone has different refund policies. If they're refusing entry and you bought a ticket, sometimes you can get your money back, depending on the reason. Most of the time, you're finding someone to offload the tickets on if you can't go, or bought too many.

This is more "house rules" - GNR are having a house party and renting out a house, they're taking money at the door, but if they tell someone "you can't wear that, sorry" kind of like Diddy's parties, guess what, they have to wear something else or they can't get in.

P4A and MSL, lets be honest if this was in real life you would not be as aggressive towards each other. laugh.gif

Look at yourself both tapping away on your laptops trying to out do each other constantly for the web warrior trophy. it all boils down to one of you being pro slash and one pro new gnr.

Kiss and make up wub.gif

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

By the way, totally of topic what happened to BBA, is he already banned?

No, he posted a new topic earlier today:

"Dwarf" is a word usually associated with little people. cupcakes, however, have no such height restrictions.

That's a fact.

Wow, Thanks I was not aware of that mate! I always thought they were little people too....so I guess I was not far off base as MSL states he and the other cupcakes he claims use his account are supposedly all over 6 feet in height..............I have learned something new today... :thumbsup:

So what you're saying is that whenever we just write an opinion we should state we have the factual evidence to back it up but just won't share it? Then the argument will no longer be between fact/opinion (according to your definition) but whether someone is telling the truth or lying about his/her assertion?

So what you're saying is that whenever we just write an opinion we should state we have the factual evidence to back it up but just won't share it? Then the argument will no longer be between fact/opinion (according to your definition) but whether someone is telling the truth or lying about his/her assertion?

Who gives a shit laugh.gif

Hahahahahahahah oh my god people . . .

I claimed Axl is wealthier than Slash.

Either he is or he isn't.

Opinion has nothing to do with it. Either it's a fact or I'm lying.

This is a basic thing you are supposed to learn at a young age. How are you struggling with this?

Thank you for agreeing with me.

I don't typically call people I don't know liars. But since it seems like in this case the shoe fits, wear it.

If in your opinion I am lying about Axl being wealthier than Slash, that is fine with me. You are entitled to your opinion. I have not presented evidence to back up my claim, therefore I have no expectation that others will believe.

I still think it's hilarious that anyone would think Slash has earned or saved more than Axl, but I realize most people don't know anything about the music business, so I must accept that there will be many silly opinions out there.

It's hard to say who's made more in the band, or who the wealthiest one is.