Guns N' Roses ban fans from wearing Slash t-shirts to their UK gigs

Zint

Train in 45 minutes! Beer to buy!

Slash shirt? :tongue2:

Are you having a Humpty Dumpty moment?

Are you genuinely starting a thread with that statement, as a mod?

Colon, facepalm

You have never come across as having much of a sense of humor. Not a bash here, just an observation. Didn't you say you're retired and stroll the hills of Scotland (or something to that effect?) Smile man. You'll live longer. :)

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I don't think this is coming from Axl it almost definitely is coming from his camp/management.

Have a look at this review posted on htgth from the Sydney concert back in 2007, someone got to go backstage:

Like I said, Saturday night got to go backstage. Everyone came out except for Axl (my friends got to party with him the night before though). They wouldn't let anyone with any shirts that featured ex members back there, they had to swap into a new tour shirt, haha - awesome.

The full review can still be read here:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=45518.msg954623#msg954623

So I ask, if it was venue security etc doing this of their own accord do you really think they would be putting their hand in their own pocket to pay for a t-shirt for these people to change into?

As for why it doesn't happen at every venue, maybe the Lebeis' only request it when Axl has his period. Maybe in the day leading up to it Axl is feeling emotional about something or had another hissy fit about Slash or something in the media so they go into damage control, coz they don't want anything to set him off.

Whilst I don't think this is coming from Axl it almost definitely is coming from his camp/management.

Have a look at this review posted on htgth from the Sydney concert back in 2007, someone got to go backstage:

Like I said, Saturday night got to go backstage. Everyone came out except for Axl (my friends got to party with him the night before though). They wouldn't let anyone with any shirts that featured ex members back there, they had to swap into a new tour shirt, haha - awesome.

The full review can still be read here:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=45518.msg954623#msg954623

So I ask, if it was venue security etc doing this of their own accord do you really think they would be putting their hand in their own pocket to pay for a t-shirt for these people to change into?

As for why it doesn't happen at every venue, maybe the Lebeis' only request it when Axl has his period. Maybe in the day leading up to it Axl is feeling emotional about something or had another hissy fit about Slash or something in the media so they go into damage control, coz they don't want anything to set him off.

This swapping of t-shirts is something I've never heard of happening anywhere else. I've only heard of turning shirts inside out at the door. So, I don't see security being ruled out, although, sure, it's possible it's coming from management. Like I said before, look at Powerage's story about what happened at a NYC UCAP show to see that security does not necessarily obey the will of GN'R management.

Ali

In Chicago at the HoB show, they were banning Slash shirts (and top hats) while we were waiting in line to enter. People said I was bullshitting then, but it happened. Obviously I have no way to prove it. I didn't find it important enough to record.

It's a silly policy and makes Axl look bad.

People should be allowed to wear a Slash shirt to a Gn'R show if they so desire. You can't erase history, and he's deeply woven into the legend of Gn'R. Most of the people who pay to see the current group do so because of the path forged by others.

Wasn't the band selling AFD shirts not too long ago?

This is so awesome.

I believe Dexter came and ranted the last time a story like this was around.

Someone PLEASE tweet this at Samantha Ronson, she tweeted this to her millions of followers.

Colon, facepalm

Ok I see what you're on about now.

I didn't start this thread.

Some posts that belonged in this thread were moved here from the concert thread.

Looks like they merged by time of post....mine being the first one.

I don't get why the band should have a problem with people wearing a Slash t shirt to Nu GNR concert. It can actually be hard for the layperson to eyeball the difference between a Slash solo t shirt and a Guns ERA Slash t shirt.

Colon, facepalm

No he didn't. Something happened when 2 threads were merged.

Now yahoo's in on the action:

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/axl-roses-bans-slash-t-shirts-guns-n-213123025.html

While most of it's a regurgitation of NME's interview, the author seems like she could be one of the cupcakes on this very board, along with the chubby kid at the center of the story. What a whiny bitch. I'm glad they didn't let him in.

Edited by Popcorn's Snare

Colon, facepalm

No he didn't. Something happened when 2 threads were merged.

I PM'd Mysteron and notified High.

Never seen a thread change OP's before... :confused:

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/axl-roses-bans-slash-t-shirts-guns-n-213123025.html

While most of it's a regurgitation of NME's interview, the author seems like she could be one of the cupcakes on this very board, along with the chubby kid at the center of the story. What a whiny bitch. I'm glad they didn't let him in.

I love how a vague statement by a security guard gets turned into the headline there.

Ali

I said it right here last time this was a hot topic.

Instead of his immature rant on Madison, he could have said, "For the record, if you want to wear a Slash shirt at my show, go for it."

That is ALL he had to say.

IF it is someone from his camp talking to security, Axl needs to tell them to stop.

It is ancient history but it is pretty sad how Madison was treated for reporting a story that appears to be true.

The Madison rant was the most vile thing I have read in years. She was cast adrift by friends and fucked over by a hero.

I still find it sickening.

Excuse me? She had no proof to backup her big mouth. She got what she deserved.

She believed what she believed.

I stand by my comment.

She was an idiot. She had no clue how to run this place and she ran it like a disgrace. She banned people for no reason, and she bashed axl constantly which is why he flipped out.

She got off lucky. Fact. You can't argue that she didn't deserve a beating.

You can say what you want about Madison but this thread brought to mind something Madison said way back when. If the band didn't want bad publicity then they should have gone out publicly and said that Slash shirts were allowed which they never did.

Instead of his immature rant on Madison, he could have said, "For the record, if you want to wear a Slash shirt at my show, go for it."

IF it is someone from his camp talking to security, Axl needs to tell them to stop.

It is ancient history but it is pretty sad how Madison was treated for reporting a story that appears to be true.

The Madison rant was the most vile thing I have read in years. She was cast adrift by friends and fucked over by a hero.

I stand by my comment.

She was an idiot. She had no clue how to run this place and she ran it like a disgrace. She banned people for no reason, and she bashed axl constantly which is why he flipped out.

I didn't know her but have read about her banning people all the time. As for bashing Axl - the one thing I read that she put into words was interviewing him over drinks at some stage so thought she was buddy buddy with him. Didn't they know each other personally?

I stand by my comment.

I didn't know her but have read about her banning people all the time. As for bashing Axl - the one thing I read that she put into words was interviewing him over drinks at some stage so thought she was buddy buddy with him. Didn't they know each other personally?

Truthfully I can't remember, but for anyone to come in here and say it came down to one thing..wrong. Axl had taken a lot of shit from her and had enough, and the fact she was a mod and represented this site, was embarressing for mygnrforum and all the mods today. It made this site look bad and it displayed all the negativity from the fans that axl despised anyways.

I thought Axl may have went far but she deserved something that's for sure..

I love how a vague statement by a security guard gets turned into the headline there.

Ali

Vague? seemed pretty cut and dried to me. He said he was asked to remove his shirt and the Security Guard stated clearly it was on directoin of management...how is that "vague"?

And others in this thread claim to have had the same experience...

It's probably the security being little people on power trips. I really doubt this is coming from Axl. I've never seen anybody having problems getting in at any of the shows I've been to.

Yeah. The younger ones tend to do everything by the book. Others can be laid back about it all.

Has anyone actually thought to ask him about this when they met him? Body language would be the biggest give away. I do think wearing a Slash t-shirt is a statement, I mean c'mon seriously. It would be like a friend wearing a t-shirt with your ex wife/husband on it when they come to dinner dry.gif