Guns N' Roses ban fans from wearing Slash t-shirts to their UK gigs

Zint

I doubt it's Axl but what a retarded rule, there's one thing trying to provoke Axl i.e 'WHERE'S SLASH?' but celebrating the band's history at a concert, a lot of the great music played is what he contributed too so there shouldn't be a problem. Again if the band could do more media/photos and records the casuals could see this is a hell of a GNR line up too and maybe we'll see some Bumble cloaks one day :lol:

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But again, I can reinterate the fact instead of the vile he spewed to Madison that day, all he had to do was issue a statement saying "Hey it is a just a rumor I don't mind if you wear a Slash shirt, that's your choice."

Wouldn't that have been better if it wasn't true?

For those saying that they've personally seen thousands of people with Slash t-shirts on at GnR shows.....you do realize that you can wear a jacket/hoodie to a show, right? And that when you go through the ticket line to get into the venue, they don't make you take your hoodie/jacket off and check and see what t-shirt you are wearing.

If this is true, it is another black eye for Axl and this version of GnR. It would be pretty embarrasing.

Axl is still playing the songs that Slash helped create, so he shouldn't get mad if people have a Slash t-shirt on.

Hopefully it isn't true.

And like I said in a topic I started 3 years ago, anybody that goes to a GnR show and dresses up like Slash is a douche. It might have been funny in 2000, but in 2012? It's like people who use expressions that were popular a decade ago, but lost their appeal. "Waaaaaz upppp"......."just sayin"..............."You're so money"..........."the 80's wants there (insert word) back".............

This is getting stupid if Axl/his management is mandating this grow some balls and own up to it. If he/they are not then they should stop it! It's a damn t-shirt surely Axl cannot be this obsessed.

I believe this is a pre-emptive security measure. I have seen Slash shirts at GN'R shows, and even someone dressed as Slash at a GN'R show in December. If it was a GN'R mandate, I think it would be more evenly applied.

Ali

So if this is not coming from Axl why not have management tell the promoter that it does not bother him and to make sure security stops hassling his fans? Would be a nice jesture on Axl's part yes?

Again, I would refer you to Powerage5's account of what happened before a NYC UCAP show.

In summary, someone was taking pictures (I think another forum member or someone Powerage5 knew or was standing close to), and security ordered the person to stop. Fernando, part of GN'R's management team, told the security staff member that it was o.k., to let the person take pictures. Security said "no" that they would not allow pictures to be taken.

So, if you think that it's as simple as management giving security direction and security following suit, you are mistaken as evidenced by example I'm referring to.

Ali

So you think that if Axl demanded that security stop hassling people over wearing a Slash tee shirt they would tell him to go pound sand? I highly doubt it............. :rolleyes:

I have given you a clear example of an instance where GN'R management gave security a direction and it was flatly ignored. Send Powerage5 a PM if you don't believe me. It happened and it shows that a solution may not be as simple as you think.

Ali

Classic, just as an fyi, it is a bit futile to have a serious discussion on any GnR issues with Ali.

In 2600 posts he has never said one negative word about Axl.

I even asked a couple times if he thought that Axl had ever screwed up, or if any of the issues - late start times, not showing up for shows, riots, fights, feuds, physical abuse charges filed by ex-girlfriends, old band breaking up,etc - if any of those things were Axl's fault. If just ONE of them was Axl's fault.

And the poor guy couldn't even force himself to type in a "maybe" or a "yes"...........admitting that Axl wasn't perfect was too painful for Ali to admit to.

Don't get me wrong. He is a great fan of the band, and rarely delves into the petty name-calling and insult fest that is the forum. But as for actual discussion about the band, picture him as a human version of HTGTH. Only 100% Axl worship allowed in discussion.

This is getting stupid if Axl/his management is mandating this grow some balls and own up to it. If he/they are not then they should stop it! It's a damn t-shirt surely Axl cannot be this obsessed.

I believe this is a pre-emptive security measure. I have seen Slash shirts at GN'R shows, and even someone dressed as Slash at a GN'R show in December. If it was a GN'R mandate, I think it would be more evenly applied.

Ali

So if this is not coming from Axl why not have management tell the promoter that it does not bother him and to make sure security stops hassling his fans? Would be a nice jesture on Axl's part yes?

Again, I would refer you to Powerage5's account of what happened before a NYC UCAP show.

In summary, someone was taking pictures (I think another forum member or someone Powerage5 knew or was standing close to), and security ordered the person to stop. Fernando, part of GN'R's management team, told the security staff member that it was o.k., to let the person take pictures. Security said "no" that they would not allow pictures to be taken.

So, if you think that it's as simple as management giving security direction and security following suit, you are mistaken as evidenced by example I'm referring to.

Ali

So you think that if Axl demanded that security stop hassling people over wearing a Slash tee shirt they would tell him to go pound sand? I highly doubt it............. :rolleyes:

I have given you a clear example of an instance where GN'R management gave security a direction and it was flatly ignored. Send Powerage5 a PM if you don't believe me. It happened and it shows that a solution may not be as simple as you think.

Ali

Never said I did not beleive you Ali I just said I find it hard to beleive that if Axl asked the promoter to make sure that his fans were not hassled over wearing a Slash shirt they would not accomodate him... And some venues do have rules about taking pictures so that is not completely surprising...........

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Is there anyone that doesn't believe that this is true? I believed it when Madison said it and I believe it now as well. Madison was trustworthy. Shame on Axl for what he did towards her for telling the truth.

Ali

Ali

Ali

Classic, just as an fyi, it is a bit futile to have a serious discussion on any GnR issues with Ali.

I even asked a couple times if he thought that Axl had ever screwed up, or if any of the issues - late start times, not showing up for shows, riots, fights, feuds, physical abuse charges filed by ex-girlfriends, old band breaking up,etc - if any of those things were Axl's fault. If just ONE of them was Axl's fault.

And the poor guy couldn't even force himself to type in a "maybe" or a "yes"...........admitting that Axl wasn't perfect was too painful for Ali to admit to.

Don't get me wrong. He is a great fan of the band, and rarely delves into the petty name-calling and insult fest that is the forum. But as for actual discussion about the band, picture him as a human version of HTGTH. Only 100% Axl worship allowed in discussion.

I don't often agree with Ali but his posts are well thought out and as you said he is respectful to the person he is debating with...I don't mind debating with an Axl fan like him as he defends his position well and it gives me a different perspective to consider...........

That being said it would be a shocker to read him criticizing Axl.....Ali you really need to do this sometime just to shock the shit out of us.......... :lol:

Ali

Ali

Ali

Why are you so hung up about these 'Axl worshippers' as you've mentioned in pretty much EVERY post I've seen lately, it's getting pretty boring.

There's all kinds of people on this board. People on the far "Axl side", people on the far "Slash side" and people everywhere in the middle. I think it's pretty cool.

Everybody chooses their own 'battles' and how to formulate and think around the subject. You may think they're 'doing it wrong', but do you have to vent out about it all the time?

it's similar to the Manchester thing, this security guy (the one that looked like burt reynolds with a grey shirt on rather than the regular yellow) was telling the young girl on my right (very young for the front of stage i was worried they might be crushed) about half way through the show she took a photo on her phone and he grabbed her arm and said 'Turn that off!" despite here being loads of people with flashs going off, and one girl behind me n the que to go in with a DSLR cam that wasn't even questioned by security

Axl is on the emotional level of a 5 year old.temper tantrums and so forth.I'm sure he ordered this.

I also believe that Cashba et al playing Slash'songs is a much bigger "fuck you" to us OG fans than simply wearing

a rock n roll t-shirt to a rock n roll show.

Axl is on the emotional level of a 5 year old.temper tantrums and so forth.I'm sure he ordered this.

I also believe that Cashba et al playing Slash'songs is a much bigger "fuck you" to us OG fans than simply wearing

Cashba? Really? Now you are no better than the people hating on Slash.

This has nothing to do with Axl. He can have a lot of faults but I bet being stupid is not one of them. If this was true, NOBODY should have been allowed to wear slash or AFD t-shirts in any of the shows.

I said it right here last time this was a hot topic.

Instead of his immature rant on Madison, he could have said, "For the record, if you want to wear a Slash shirt at my show, go for it."

That is ALL he had to say.

IF it is someone from his camp talking to security, Axl needs to tell them to stop.

It is ancient history but it is pretty sad how Madison was treated for reporting a story that appears to be true.

I though Madison was wrong at the time. When Axl posted the rant it pissed me off with him, in fact that was the first time I ever had hard feelings about him. He talked to Madison like she was dirt under his feet! I posted that night if Madison is right the t-shirt issue would keep coming back to Axl and it has.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Saw a guy in both Manchester and Glasgow with Slash shirts on INSIDE the venue.

That's awfully hypocritical for management to restrict fans who have paid to see a band who is touring a record called Chinese Democracy, in which refers to the totalitarian government.

Maybe it's the management who requests Axl wear an ungodly amount of jewelry to cover up the Slash on Axl's forearm. :rolleyes:

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I don't know how this works but it seems that depending on the venue, some security are stricter than others. In some I wasn't allowed bring signs/flags - I could in some. In others we couldn't use flash only regular, in other venues it wasn't a problem.

Does any one else find it really funny a big deal is made of this even if its true,but the story about Slash shooting up, an killing his supposed best friend and then lying to cover it all up,which would just make him a real pc of shit is just ignored basically. If that story were about Axl he would be crucified,by the media and probably up on charges.

Does any one else find it really funny a big deal is made of this even if its true,but the story about Slash shooting up, an killing his supposed best friend and then lying to cover it all up,which would just make him a real pc of shit is just ignored basically. If that story were about Axl he would be crucified,by the media and probably up on charges.

Wait what?

Anyone who wears a Slash solo shirt to a NuGNR gig is looking to stir up shit and probably deserves to be kicked out.

Kinda weird that wearing a t shirt of your favourite GnR member (past or present) to a GnR gig is considered looking to stir shit up.

Taking in to consideration said band is on stage playing the guy's licks most of the night. :shrugs:

Wait what?

that jetboy story someone posted here.