Guns N' Roses ban fans from wearing Slash t-shirts to their UK gigs

Zint

This is getting stupid if Axl/his management is mandating this grow some balls and own up to it. If he/they are not then they should stop it! It's a damn t-shirt surely Axl cannot be this obsessed.

I believe this is a pre-emptive security measure. I have seen Slash shirts at GN'R shows, and even someone dressed as Slash at a GN'R show in December. If it was a GN'R mandate, I think it would be more evenly applied.

Ali

So if this is not coming from Axl why not have management tell the promoter that it does not bother him and to make sure security stops hassling his fans? Would be a nice jesture on Axl's part yes?

Again, I would refer you to Powerage5's account of what happened before a NYC UCAP show.

In summary, someone was taking pictures (I think another forum member or someone Powerage5 knew or was standing close to), and security ordered the person to stop. Fernando, part of GN'R's management team, told the security staff member that it was o.k., to let the person take pictures. Security said "no" that they would not allow pictures to be taken.

So, if you think that it's as simple as management giving security direction and security following suit, you are mistaken as evidenced by example I'm referring to.

Ali

So you think that if Axl demanded that security stop hassling people over wearing a Slash tee shirt they would tell him to go pound sand? I highly doubt it............. :rolleyes:

I have given you a clear example of an instance where GN'R management gave security a direction and it was flatly ignored. Send Powerage5 a PM if you don't believe me. It happened and it shows that a solution may not be as simple as you think.

Ali

Never said I did not beleive you Ali I just said I find it hard to beleive that if Axl asked the promoter to make sure that his fans were not hassled over wearing a Slash shirt they would not accomodate him... And some venues do have rules about taking pictures so that is not completely surprising...........

So, you believe the venue an its security staff can and do implement one rule, but find it hard to believe they implement another irrespective of management's wishes or without direction from management? Why? If one rule can be implemented, so can another.

Ali

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting stupid if Axl/his management is mandating this grow some balls and own up to it. If he/they are not then they should stop it! It's a damn t-shirt surely Axl cannot be this obsessed.

I believe this is a pre-emptive security measure. I have seen Slash shirts at GN'R shows, and even someone dressed as Slash at a GN'R show in December. If it was a GN'R mandate, I think it would be more evenly applied.

Ali

So if this is not coming from Axl why not have management tell the promoter that it does not bother him and to make sure security stops hassling his fans? Would be a nice jesture on Axl's part yes?

Again, I would refer you to Powerage5's account of what happened before a NYC UCAP show.

In summary, someone was taking pictures (I think another forum member or someone Powerage5 knew or was standing close to), and security ordered the person to stop. Fernando, part of GN'R's management team, told the security staff member that it was o.k., to let the person take pictures. Security said "no" that they would not allow pictures to be taken.

So, if you think that it's as simple as management giving security direction and security following suit, you are mistaken as evidenced by example I'm referring to.

Ali

So you think that if Axl demanded that security stop hassling people over wearing a Slash tee shirt they would tell him to go pound sand? I highly doubt it............. :rolleyes:

I have given you a clear example of an instance where GN'R management gave security a direction and it was flatly ignored. Send Powerage5 a PM if you don't believe me. It happened and it shows that a solution may not be as simple as you think.

Ali

Classic, just as an fyi, it is a bit futile to have a serious discussion on any GnR issues with Ali.

In 2600 posts he has never said one negative word about Axl.

I even asked a couple times if he thought that Axl had ever screwed up, or if any of the issues - late start times, not showing up for shows, riots, fights, feuds, physical abuse charges filed by ex-girlfriends, old band breaking up,etc - if any of those things were Axl's fault. If just ONE of them was Axl's fault.

And the poor guy couldn't even force himself to type in a "maybe" or a "yes"...........admitting that Axl wasn't perfect was too painful for Ali to admit to.

Don't get me wrong. He is a great fan of the band, and rarely delves into the petty name-calling and insult fest that is the forum. But as for actual discussion about the band, picture him as a human version of HTGTH. Only 100% Axl worship allowed in discussion.

If you want to have an off-topic discussion with me about my views send me a PM and we can have that dialogue there. Otherwise, that "too painful" bit was funny.

Ali

This is one of those "GN'R Urban Legends" that I never, ever would've believed if I hadn't seen/heard it for myself. My jaw hit the floor at the HoB in Chicago earlier this year when security came out and made that announcement.

My thing is this: I believe this to be the work of the folks who were recently promoted to "Managers". If I were to guess, I'd bet that Axl has not one clue this crap goes on.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

It's probably the security being little people on power trips. I really doubt this is coming from Axl. I've never seen anybody having problems getting in at any of the shows I've been to.

Yeah. The younger ones tend to do everything by the book. Others can be laid back about it all.

Saw a guy wearing a Slash tee at Birmingham

Please confirm if you saw him inside the venue or outside. There is a thread going on about fans being banned for wearing Slash's tees and I refuse to believe it is true.

i was at the birmingham show and there was a couple at the bar infront of me wearing slash t shirts

It was definatley inside, it was during Thin Lizzy

Seriously isn't it possible that this order doesn't come from Axl and instead comes from his crew/management or the venue to prevent Axl from getting mad? Why would Axl have gotten as angry as he did with Madison if he was actually giving out the order?

Axl is insane but I really don't think this order comes from him.

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

Anyone who wears a Slash solo shirt to a NuGNR gig is looking to stir up shit and probably deserves to be kicked out.

Kinda weird that wearing a t shirt of your favourite GnR member (past or present) to a GnR gig is considered looking to stir shit up.

Taking in to consideration said band is on stage playing the guy's licks most of the night. :shrugs:

Yeah it sucks but it is what it is. Nowadays with GNR it's either you're on Slash's side or Axl's side or you're a complete fuckin casual who doesn't even know Slash is out of the band. If you wear a Slash (not GNR with Slash, but just Slash) shirt to a NuGNR show, chances are you're some arrogant Slash fan looking to make a statement. Same goes for people at Slash shows in NuGNR shirts.

Best compromise is to wear a GNR shirt with Slash on it. Security guards who kick you out for wearing that can get fucked.

Could somebody explain/post a link to what the madison rant is?

Axl Rose signed into the forum back in 2010 and called Madison all sorts of mean things in response to her pushing a rumor about Slash shirts.

She was relieved of her admin position the same day.

Anyone who wears a Slash solo shirt to a NuGNR gig is looking to stir up shit and probably deserves to be kicked out.

Kinda weird that wearing a t shirt of your favourite GnR member (past or present) to a GnR gig is considered looking to stir shit up.

Taking in to consideration said band is on stage playing the guy's licks most of the night. :shrugs:

Yeah it sucks but it is what it is. Nowadays with GNR it's either you're on Slash's side or Axl's side or you're a complete fuckin casual who doesn't even know Slash is out of the band. If you wear a Slash (not GNR with Slash, but just Slash) shirt to a NuGNR show, chances are you're some arrogant Slash fan looking to make a statement. Same goes for people at Slash shows in NuGNR shirts.

Best compromise is to wear a GNR shirt with Slash on it. Security guards who kick you out for wearing that can get fucked.

Could somebody explain/post a link to what the madison rant is?

Axl Rose signed into the forum back in 2010 and called Madison all sorts of mean things in response to her pushing a rumor about Slash shirts.

She was relieved of her admin position the same day.

Just read about it online, I don't wanna open up a debate or anything but wasn't that really immature on Axl's part? :L

Same goes for people at Slash shows in NuGNR shirts.

Yeah but I doubt you would get hassled by security wearing a NuGuns shirt at one of Slash's shows................

Not at all, and in fact people would wear Guns shirts to VR gigs all the time.

I can't believe these rumors are surfacing again. This time not only a different venue, but a completely different country. Makes me think there might just be some truth to it.

at one of the UCAP shows, a kid in front of me was wearing an AFD shirt and the security at the door told him he had to take it off or turn it inside out

Doesn't Axl have that image on his arm?

Yeah, he still does. Guess it would be too much to have it removed, not to mention hurt like a mother! Also it's too big to cover up.

Anyway, why would anyone wear a Slash t-shirt to a GNR show? Slash hasn't been with GNR for close to 20 years now.

The only reason I can think of for anyone wearing a Slash short would be to piss Axl off or to start trouble with other GNR fans.

As for the AFD shirts, I can't see not being able to wear them. Those shirst are awesome. When I went to the Dallas show, we saw a guy wearing the original album cover shirt of Appettie and boy was it awesome! I didn't hear anyone compain about his shirt. I also saw plenty of AFD shirts too.

Whatever. I can see Axl not wanting Slash shirts, but any other GNR shirts past or present should be cool.

Nowadays with GNR it's either you're on Slash's side or Axl's side or you're a complete fuckin casual who doesn't even know Slash is out of the band.

I don't consider myself on either side or a casual. :shrugs:

If you wear a Slash (not GNR with Slash, but just Slash) shirt to a NuGNR show, chances are you're some arrogant Slash fan looking to make a statement. Same goes for people at Slash shows in NuGNR shirts.

Maybe in select cases,I dunno.

It just doesn't stir a reaction in me at concerts.I have no desire to walk up to a guy in a Slash shirt at a GnR show and go "how dare you!".

I doubt many have that urge.

Other than the fact it apparantly irks Axl,I think it's non issue in the rest of the arena tbh.

Yeah but I doubt you would get hassled by security wearing a NuGuns shirt at one of Slash's shows................

I'll find out in July. CoolFace.png

And nobody will give you a second look mate...in fact you could dress up like Axl and stand in front of Slash and most likely he would just smile at you and laugh..........

Axl is on the emotional level of a 5 year old.temper tantrums and so forth.I'm sure he ordered this.

I also believe that Cashba et al playing Slash'songs is a much bigger "fuck you" to us OG fans than simply wearing

a rock n roll t-shirt to a rock n roll show.

Sounds like something GnR security tells the venue security. Goes back to Rock in Rio 2001, so obviously at a fest you have the hater element, but I think at these shows, if they're not in the front section, should be left alone.

I honestly don't think most of the people wearing the t-shirts are thinking anything except supporting the old band. You might have on jackass making his way up front, and now that this is a news item, the frigging genie's out of the bottle, and the band's going to have to answer to it.

If not, people are going to spend money hell bent on getting under Axl's skin at future shows and be all about starting a riot.

I wore my GnR shirt from the 2010 show to a Slash concert and the whole band was staring at me for RQ cause i was stageside left, front row/row 2, but i was never 'banned' for that...

*reverse situation*

Edited by happyguy35

Does any one else find it really funny a big deal is made of this even if its true,but the story about Slash shooting up, an killing his supposed best friend and then lying to cover it all up,which would just make him a real pc of shit is just ignored basically. If that story were about Axl he would be crucified,by the media and probably up on charges.

And Izzy was a heroin dealer. So he probably sold drugs to a lot of people who died, or who ruined their lives because of their addiction.

Axl physically abused at least two different women and is considered a real prick by most people.

So in the end, you have to make a choice.

Support and follow their careers, help make them millionaires, because you love the music that they create?

Or,

Care about their personal lives and decide to not support their careers.

Axl is my favorite rock singer of all time. So I support his career. I'm only interested in the music he creates.

But I don't want to hang out with him, spending an hour with him wouldn't be the highlight of my life (or my day, for that matter) and I wouldn't want my sister to date him. But he is, imo, the best rock singer alive today.

Does any one else find it really funny a big deal is made of this even if its true,but the story about Slash shooting up, an killing his supposed best friend and then lying to cover it all up,which would just make him a real pc of shit is just ignored basically. If that story were about Axl he would be crucified,by the media and probably up on charges.

And Izzy was a heroin dealer. So he probably sold drugs to a lot of people who died, or who ruined their lives because of their addiction.

Axl physically abused at least two different women and is considered a real prick by most people.

So in the end, you have to make a choice.

Support and follow their careers, help make them millionaires, because you love the music that they create?

Or,

Care about their personal lives and decide to not support their careers.

Axl is my favorite rock singer of all time. So I support his career. I'm only interested in the music he creates.

But I don't want to hang out with him, spending an hour with him wouldn't be the highlight of my life (or my day, for that matter) and I wouldn't want my sister to date him. But he is, imo, the best rock singer alive today.

Great post. Agree. We care about these people for the music they wrote. It's actually pretty creepy that people's lives highlights can be a few minutes or an hour with Axl.

I've been to 2 Slash shows this year,Toronto in March and Orlando in May.

Plenty of Guns shirts...old band and new.

No one cared...at all.

And nobody will give you a second look mate...in fact you could dress up like Axl and stand in front of Slash and most likely he would just smile at you and laugh..........

When Slash had his first gig at the Roxy for his first solo album a kid right in front of him was dressed like Axl. Bandana long red wig it was priceless. Slash had no problem with it. It is probably still on you tube.