Guns N' Roses ban fans from wearing Slash t-shirts to their UK gigs

Zint

Now yahoo's in on the action:

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/axl-roses-bans-slash-t-shirts-guns-n-213123025.html

While most of it's a regurgitation of NME's interview, the author seems like she could be one of the cupcakes on this very board, along with the chubby kid at the center of the story. What a whiny bitch. I'm glad they didn't let him in.

I love how a vague statement by a security guard gets turned into the headline there.

Ali

Vague? seemed pretty cut and dried to me. He said he was asked to remove his shirt and the Security Guard stated clearly it was on directoin of management...how is that "vague"?

And others in this thread claim to have had the same experience...

Well, for one thing, who is "the management"?

And another note, how does one leap to the conclusion made in the headline from that statement anyway?

Ali

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it right here last time this was a hot topic.

Instead of his immature rant on Madison, he could have said, "For the record, if you want to wear a Slash shirt at my show, go for it."

That is ALL he had to say.

IF it is someone from his camp talking to security, Axl needs to tell them to stop.

It is ancient history but it is pretty sad how Madison was treated for reporting a story that appears to be true.

The Madison rant was the most vile thing I have read in years. She was cast adrift by friends and fucked over by a hero.

I still find it sickening.

Excuse me? She had no proof to backup her big mouth. She got what she deserved.

She believed what she believed.

I stand by my comment.

She was an idiot. She had no clue how to run this place and she ran it like a disgrace. She banned people for no reason, and she bashed axl constantly which is why he flipped out.

She got off lucky. Fact. You can't argue that she didn't deserve a beating.

I didn't know her but have read about her banning people all the time. As for bashing Axl - the one thing I read that she put into words was interviewing him over drinks at some stage so thought she was buddy buddy with him. Didn't they know each other personally?

Truthfully I can't remember, but for anyone to come in here and say it came down to one thing..wrong. Axl had taken a lot of shit from her and had enough, and the fact she was a mod and represented this site, was embarressing for mygnrforum and all the mods today. It made this site look bad and it displayed all the negativity from the fans that axl despised anyways.

I thought Axl may have went far but she deserved something that's for sure..

So if she was outside with a group of people waiting for an autograph & photo is it likely he would even know who she is?

It's probably the security being little people on power trips. I really doubt this is coming from Axl. I've never seen anybody having problems getting in at any of the shows I've been to.

Yeah. The younger ones tend to do everything by the book. Others can be laid back about it all.

Has anyone actually thought to ask him about this when they met him? Body language would be the biggest give away. I do think wearing a Slash t-shirt is a statement, I mean c'mon seriously. It would be like a friend wearing a t-shirt with your ex wife/husband on it when they come to dinner dry.gif

I look at it as more like wearing your favorite sports teams jersey to the opponents stadium.....

It's probably the security being little people on power trips. I really doubt this is coming from Axl. I've never seen anybody having problems getting in at any of the shows I've been to.

Yeah. The younger ones tend to do everything by the book. Others can be laid back about it all.

Has anyone actually thought to ask him about this when they met him? Body language would be the biggest give away. I do think wearing a Slash t-shirt is a statement, I mean c'mon seriously. It would be like a friend wearing a t-shirt with your ex wife/husband on it when they come to dinner dry.gif

I look at it as more like wearing your favorite sports teams jersey to the opponents stadium.....

So this is what to expect if you wear Slash t-shirts to gnr concerts?

To a rival's stadium.

They're avoiding potential hecklers, but I don't think anyone now is trying to make a statement.

If Axl wants to really move on from the past - ditch all the old songs and put new stuff out.

It's typical for this band that on the same days that Izzy is playing with the band the main story on mainstream media sites is about GNR fans not being allowed to wear Slash T-shirts, late start times, and other silliness.

This band just can't get out of its own way.

I've never asked for anyone's shirt bein' thrown out of anywhere

Funny he has a long memory of everything bad Slash says against him but forgets saying this - even when there is footage to prove it. Unless it was his twin brother :rolleyes:

say what you will - maybe it didn't come directly from axl, but this has happened a few too many times now for it to be complete coincidence or for it to just be some random person at the venue calling the shots. somewhere in the chain of command, someone seems to be passing this rule down? could be the promoters fearing another 2002 - who knows - but axl/beta's crew needs to address it unless he wants people to keep putting the blame on him.

I've never asked for anyone's shirt bein' thrown out of anywhere

Funny he has a long memory of everything bad Slash says against him but forgets saying this - even when there is footage to prove it. Unless it was his twin brother :rolleyes:

If you're referring to RIR 3, I think your interpretation of what happened is not necessarily correct. I think, based on the footage, he asked for the guy to be thrown out and THEN asked for his shirt. Not that he threw the guy out because of his shirt.

Ali

Now that the media is running with this ( I've seen it on Yahoo's front page & Classic Rock online, Loudwire, etc) I can just see alot more people deciding to go to a GnR show wearing a Slash shirt just to see what happens....

say what you will - maybe it didn't come directly from axl, but this has happened a few too many times now for it to be complete coincidence or for it to just be some random person at the venue calling the shots. somewhere in the chain of command, someone seems to be passing this rule down? could be the promoters fearing another 2002 - who knows - but axl/beta's crew needs to address it unless he wants people to keep putting the blame on him.

[/quote

THANK YOU!

I have previously said that this has happened over the span of multiple years, through several countries, involving different management, in different venues with different security firms, with different promoters everytime. I highly doubt this is a coincidence or just a gut feeling by security/promoter/venue officials/etc.

It's probably the security being little people on power trips.

Yep, we all recognize that Axl insult from the 98 airport arrest. Nice to see you've made it your own.

OT: It does suck that this is going on. It does seem to be spotty though.

I still believe Axl. With all the people around here proclaiming that Axl is surrounded by yes-men, where are they now to point out that it could indeed be those very same "yes-men" who are giving these orders unbeknownst to Axl?

Maybe some behind-the-scenes peeps issued that order because they know that there are cupcakes out there who WILL wear those shirts to piss Axl off. Although I loved it in Rio 01 when Axl timed it just right and kicked the guy out during It's So Easy. But others would argue it hampered the song. So maybe Axl's management is looking out for the people who just want a good show by preventing possible distracting cupcakes from entering. Sounds far fetched, but wouldn't you agree that sometimes truth is stranger than fiction?

Edited by Popcorn's Snare

Edit:

There seems to be a glitch.

I didn't start this thread.

First 7 posts were moved here from another thread.

First post (and OP) is post #8

sorry for any confusion..

HAHAHA - my eyes popped out of my head for a moment when I looked at the board!

This is such a stupid topic. Why would anyone wear a Slash t-shirt when he's not playing? I can understand if somebody wear a Guns t-shirt with Slash's name/picture on it, but to wear a "Slash-only" t-shirt is just to provoke. The amount of babies there are...

Slash helped write the music that's being played. Why not?