Guns N' Roses ban fans from wearing Slash t-shirts to their UK gigs

Zint

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know that MSL had said that stuff. Thanks for the info. I guess there is no point arguing with that dude.

Yeah it is a pity as MSL can actually make rational sense sometimes when he is not posting his opinion as fact but you never know if he is ever serious or just fucking with you to get a reaction...

Can't remember the title of the thread where he had his melt down but it was incredibly entertaining................

Edited by classicrawker

Axl would also get his ass sued if the left for such a pathetic reason. He can't say that he feared for his safety because someone was wearing a shirt.

Why would he be sued? What is the cause of action?

First, the UK has no written constitution so there is no 1st amendment argument like in the US.

Second, and most importantly, even if you argued it was against some freedom of expressions law in the UK it would not be applicable. Freedom of Expression only is usable in areas of public property. The venues are private and when you buy your ticket you agree to follow the rules and regulations of the property owner.

My bad. I thought you meant a fan could sue if they were refused admittance because of the shirt. Read that wrong. Again, my bad.

The promoters would only sue Axl if they had to return the money to the ticket holders. Then they could have a variety of different avenues (i.e. sue Axl for the expenses they spent promoting and setting up the show based on the reliance they had that he'd show up and perform or, possibly, the entire profit they would've seen if he performed as contractually obligated - a bit tougher of a suit for reasons I won't bother typing).

EDIT: mind you, if Axl & Co. added to their agreement that they would be absolved of liability if he cancelled for reasons outside of typically allowed cancellations (act of God, illness, etc.) and proper consideration/payment was given to the promoters for this stipulation it would absolve. Practically speaking, I doubt any promoter would allow such a provision by Axl Rose given his history unless he's taking a serious pay-cut (which is channeled back to the promoters), which would make it worth while for them to take such a risk.

Edited by hellobeatle

I think I remember you saying that you were just a casual fan that was became interested in New GNR instead of the old band. I believe you mentioned this when you were describing how, by happenstance, an amateur wrestler became somebody that released new songs to the public. I think you may have posted this on CD.com some years back. More recently though you have described being a rabid fan since Sweet Child o' Mine was released in 1988. I don't have the links to verify but that's the way I remember it and this contrast is why I see your posts as a ruse.

So basically you are not allowed to wear a Slash t-shirt, but the band is allowed to play his riffs, his songs, and his solos note for note every night? Man this is twisted...

You are allowed to wear Slash t-shirts to the vast majority of the shows. Some venues/promoters discourage it for whatever reason.

Since Slash left the band, GNR has not played any songs that Slash co-wrote that Axl did not co-write as well.

However, on Slash's recent solo tours, he has played multiple GNR songs that Axl co-wrote that Slash did not co-write.

I find that to be far more twisted than some venues choosing to have Slash shirts turned inside out.

I won't go into who wrote what etc (for instance Axl for me wrote zero music for AFD) as it is a whole other point.

That said there is nothing twisted about playing someone else's songs.

What is twisted is playing songs, riffs , solos that were written by someone else who is the lead guitarists of the lineup that made GNR big, and then banning people even wearing his t-shirts. This is schizophrenic.

So, by his very own logic, we can only assume that since Axl and his band play songs like Riff Raff, Whole Lotta Rosie, Yellow Brick Road, the Pink Panther theme and the James Bond theme, MSL must think those guys are twisted as hell.

Yeah it is a pity as MSL can actually make rational sense sometimes when he is not posting his opinion as fact but you never know if he is ever serious or just fucking with you to get a reaction...

Can't remember the title of the thread where he had his melt down but it was incredibly entertaining................

Please provide an example of me posting an opinion as fact. Thanks.

If you can't tell when I'm being serious and when I'm joking, just ask. It should be fairly obvious, but if it's not, just ask.

When you stated, for example that Axl was "far richer" than Slash. Or that many of his peers in the industry respect and agree with Axl and the decisions he's made. Since you failed to provide any sort of proof for either statement, we'll just write them off as jokes. No problem.

Did you not read the epic thread MSL participated in where he bragged about how he comes here to "play" us all and that he had a team of cupcakes using his account to stir the shit?

His motivation is to see how long he can string you along like, as he called it, like a "dancing monkey".....

Anyone who wastes his/her time arguing with him deserves to be played..........

It's unfortunate that you appear to have no sense of humor. I am allowed to both joke around with people and still stick to the facts when having a serious discussion.

When I trap someone in a lie, I do enjoy at times making those people squirm and dance if they're too stupid to just admit they were wrong.

So yes, if you're wrong, you are wasting your time arguing with me because you're not going to be skilled enough to out argue me unless the facts are on your side. You're better off just throwing in the towel.

Here is why MSL posts here

uh we've admitted at least 30 times before that this account is a total cupcake
classic rawker, we've been playing you guys for fools for like 7 fucking years now.

mr__________ (12:26:19 PM): I dont understand why people continue to argue with you. even if they think you're wrong, their method of reasoning is always flawed and they can never attack your points or make their points properly

INSTANTmister (12:26:50 PM): theyre stupid

INSTANTmister (12:26:53 PM): its really that simple

INSTANTmister (12:26:59 PM): its like arguing with a lesser species

INSTANTmister (12:27:04 PM): their brains are not as developed

mr__________ (12:27:13 PM): hahaha

INSTANTmister (12:27:17 PM): they do not understand logic as a mathematical concept

INSTANTmister (12:27:24 PM): logical fallacies, etc

INSTANTmister (12:27:28 PM): the science of logic

INSTANTmister (12:27:33 PM): their brain isnt trained for it

INSTANTmister (12:27:58 PM): i want to see the average IQ of a slash fan vs an axl fan

INSTANTmister (12:28:02 PM): think about what axl stands for

INSTANTmister (12:28:08 PM): and what slash stands for

INSTANTmister (12:28:16 PM): and what type of person would gravitate to each

INSTANTmister (12:28:36 PM): the battle between axl & slash fans is simply a metaphor for the battle between axl & slash themselves

mr__________ (12:28:41 PM): that would be an interesting research survey

ive been cracking up all morning. how long will the monkeys dance?

Admits to trolling for 10 hours then claims it was a team of cupcakes.....

i have been posting in this thread NONSTOP for TEN HOURS now. how has nobody been smart enough to call me out for being such a fucking loser?
you guys desperately need lives. at least the MSL account is run by a team of cupcakes. any one person posting this long should really find a hobby.

So as you see he is just fucking with you all....don't waste your time arguing with this cupcake

Edited by classicrawker

Yeah on that MSL thing, rhetorical devices are pretty easy to see. As intelligent as he thinks he is I don't see why he thinks he can take on more than one poster. It seems like such a waste of time. I got stuff to do today myself.

I think I remember you saying that you were just a casual fan that was became interested in New GNR instead of the old band. I believe you mentioned this when you were describing how, by happenstance, an amateur wrestler became somebody that released new songs to the public. I think you may have posted this on CD.com some years back. More recently though you have described being a rabid fan since Sweet Child o' Mine was released in 1988. I don't have the links to verify but that's the way I remember it and this contrast is why I see your posts as a ruse.

Yeah, what a ruse that would be. Making sure to have an encyclopedic knowledge of the history of a band I barely like so I can cupcake the ex-fans of that band.

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what it is. I remember you posting that you became interest in new GNR in the late 90s or something like that and that you weren't a fan of the old band. I wouldn't waste time searching but I think it's somewhere on CD.com when you were describing your phone conversations with Axl. I don't remember everything.

When you stated, for example that Axl was "far richer" than Slash. Or that many of his peers in the industry respect and agree with Axl and the decisions he's made. Since you failed to provide any sort of proof for either statement, we'll just write them off as jokes. No problem.

Hahahahaha if you really think Slash and Axl are on the same level wealth wise, you're dreaming. I'm not going to get into the specifics of their personal finances, but they're not even in the same universe.

ahahahahaha

Prove it.

Back on topic, does anyone think that the other bandmembers would get away wearing Slash t-shirts? D J Ashba admits that he looks up to Slash--do you guys think the band would get more respect if they did this?

Prove it.

Not interested in proving it. You can believe what you want. Someone would have to be quite clueless to believe that Slash has A - earned or B - saved anything close to Axl.

But if you choose to believe otherwise, that's fine.

It's not a point I'm passionate enough about to compromise myself or others to prove something so silly.

Who has more money is not a matter of opinion. It's a matter of fact. If it's not a fact you are privvy too, you are free to assume whatever you wish. I would never make an assumption and post it as fact.

So what you're saying is... you have no proof.

So what you're saying is... you have no proof.

It's right above you. I was just about to post that but bcard beat me to it.

I am wondering about the veracity of the source though, but I draw the "wasting my time" line there at actually looking into Celebrity Net Worth's reliability.

Axl probably does make more than Slash- he has the GnR name to make $$ off of, BUT who knows how much Axl has left after paying all of his expenses including, but not limited to band salaries, tour expenses, lavish after party expenses, overtime fees, etc.... Previous band members, not just Slash either, have said that on the UYI tours, after paying everything, there wasn't as much left as what there should of been or could have been had Axl curbed some of his ridiculous spending...

He's sucking you all in again...dance monkeys dance!

Sucking them in with facts. At least you're smart enough to realize it's not worth arguing with me when you know you're wrong.

Yes the facts are in your quotes...you are a cupcake

classic rawker, we've been playing you guys for fools for like 7 fucking years now.
uh we've admitted at least 30 times before that this account is a total cupcake
ive been cracking up all morning. how long will the monkeys dance?
Edited by classicrawker