Guns N' Roses ban fans from wearing Slash t-shirts to their UK gigs

Zint

So what you're saying is... you have no proof.

It's right above you. I was just about to post that but bcard beat me to it.

I am wondering about the veracity of the source though, but I draw the "wasting my time" line there at actually looking into Celebrity Net Worth's reliability.

So, they are pretty much worth the same, give or take $160,000,000.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you're saying is... you have no proof.

It's right above you. I was just about to post that but bcard beat me to it.

I am wondering about the veracity of the source though, but I draw the "wasting my time" line there at actually looking into Celebrity Net Worth's reliability.

bacardi's trolling, dude. :lol: We've already had a full-length discussion about why that site isn't trustworthy when this was first posted.

In all honesty, I do think Axl is worth heaps more than Slash, but that's just my opinion because I have nothing to really back it up. That was the point, though. He made a claim and said, "I don't feel like backing it up. It's a fact, though." He preaches to us about not backing up our claims and then he pulls one of those.

He's the only user I'd ever consider putting on ignore list, tbh. But I won't, because there are a small, small handful of times when he makes a good point.

Prove it.

Not interested in proving it. You can believe what you want. Someone would have to be quite clueless to believe that Slash has A - earned or B - saved anything close to Axl.

But if you choose to believe otherwise, that's fine.

It's not a point I'm passionate enough about to compromise myself or others to prove something so silly.

Who has more money is not a matter of opinion. It's a matter of fact. If it's not a fact you are privvy too, you are free to assume whatever you wish. I would never make an assumption and post it as fact.

It's not a fact if it can't be proven. Saying it's a fact doesn't make it so. You have nothing to offer that backs up your statement other than calling someone who questions it "quite clueless". And that is nothing more than "quite lame" coming from someone who talks a lot but has absolutley nothing to back up many of his posts. This is another perfect example of yet another one. .

EDIT: If you think a site called "Celebrity Net Worth" Is proof...:lol:

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

Prove it.

Not interested in proving it. You can believe what you want. Someone would have to be quite clueless to believe that Slash has A - earned or B - saved anything close to Axl.

But if you choose to believe otherwise, that's fine.

It's not a point I'm passionate enough about to compromise myself or others to prove something so silly.

Who has more money is not a matter of opinion. It's a matter of fact. If it's not a fact you are privvy too, you are free to assume whatever you wish. I would never make an assumption and post it as fact.

It's not a fact if it can't be proven. Saying it's a fact doesn't make it so. You have nothing to offer that backs up your statement other than calling someone who questions it "quite clueless". And that is nothing more than "quite lame" coming from someone who talks a lot but has absolutley nothing to back up many of his posts. This is another perfect example of yet another one. .

EDIT: If you think a site called "Celebrity Net Worth" Is proof...:lol:

Do ho ho ho ho.........Oh man did you open a can of worms P4A...prepare yourself for a twisted lesson in Semantics ................... :rofl-lol:

I think one reason why Axl has more money is that he saves his money. He's had the same house since the early 90s and besides some cars, we don't hear about what he is buying. All the over time fees, parties, etc come from the GNR bank account. Slash on the other hand has had houses, cars, and I bet Perla spends that money!

In all honesty, I do think Axl is worth heaps more than Slash, but that's just my opinion because I have nothing to really back it up. That was the point, though. He made a claim and said, "I don't feel like backing it up. It's a fact, though." He preaches to us about not backing up our claims and then he pulls one of those.

I have a long history of delivering accurate information, some of which I've been able to back up and some of which I've refused to for various reasons. Does not bother me if people don't believe something I say. Not worth the trouble of explaining or proving how I would know anything about Slash's net worth, earning power, etc.

I will say that the numbers posted are not too far off from what the numbers probably were a few years ago. Both numbers are a bit high though. But the ratio between the two is pretty close.

That's basically how everyone feels about arguing with you. That it's not worth the trouble. But you chalk that up to, "They can't prove themselves against my infallible 'facts!' "

I think one reason why Axl has more money is that he saves his money. He's had the same house since the early 90s and besides some cars, we don't hear about what he is buying. All the over time fees, parties, etc come from the GNR bank account. Slash on the other hand has had houses, cars, and I bet Perla spends that money!

I suppose you didn't read the story about the guitar he was renting for the recording of CD. It was costing a forture per day and nobody even played with the thing. I thing Axl throws his money out of the window actually... but what do I care.

I suppose you didn't read the story about the guitar he was renting for the recording of CD. It was costing a forture per day and nobody even played with the thing. I thing Axl throws his money out of the window actually... but what do I care.

again, that was coming from the GNR bank account not the Axl personal bank account

record label paid for that. axl has out smarted everyone every step of the way. which is why he's rich as fuck.

Ah Shut up.

record label paid for that. axl has out smarted everyone every step of the way. which is why he's rich as fuck.

And Azoff gave the record label their money back. They're happy now I suppose.

I have a long history of delivering accurate information, some of which I've been able to back up and some of which I've refused to for various reasons. Does not bother me if people don't believe something I say. Not worth the trouble of explaining or proving how I would know anything about Slash's net worth, earning power, etc.

I will say that the numbers posted are not too far off from what the numbers probably were a few years ago. Both numbers are a bit high though. But the ratio between the two is pretty close.

That's basically how everyone feels about arguing with you. That it's not worth the trouble. But you chalk that up to, "They can't prove themselves against my infallible 'facts!' "

Exactly.

People come here to chat about their favorite band. But every thread turns into insult fests because of the small population of Axl worshippers, Axl haters, and people like mls who get off on trying to impress people with how smart they are (while saying they don't care what people think about them).

If you have no way of knowing if it's a fact, then to you it's simply an unverified claim. Which is fine with me.

kind of a cop out, if it's not gonna be proven, then what are we doing here?

Come on mate do you really need to ask that question?

Glad you're enjoying the show. As I said, I don't work until very late tonight, and since I'm the main event I really can show up as late as I want. If the show ends at 3am, so be it.

I'm sure a lot of fans will leave early after getting tired of waiting.

But I don't give a fuck.

I have come to appreciate your talent mate..... ;)

And Axl would be very proud of you............ :D

Edited by classicrawker

MSL I will give you one thing you are the master at making the monkeys dance.....I am glad you have nothing else going on in your life today as you sir are comic gold............

Glad you're enjoying the show. As I said, I don't work until very late tonight, and since I'm the main event I really can show up as late as I want. If the show ends at 3am, so be it.

I'm sure a lot of fans will leave early after getting tired of waiting.

But I don't give a fuck.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Something does not become opinion simply because it hasn't been proven to YOU. Either it's a fact or it's not. If you have no way of knowing if it's a fact, then to you it's simply an unverified claim. Which is fine with me.

And something doesn't become a fact simply because it's been stated by YOU. You've verified nothing. Therefore, it's not a fact.

You are correct that saying it's a fact doesn't make it so. I posted truthful information. You have no way of knowing if it's truthful. That is fine with me. I am completely fine with you not believing me.

You didn't post information. Truthful or otherwise. All you did was make a post, and offered no proof to back up that post.

I did not say anybody that questions my claim is "quite clueless." I said anyone who doesn't realize that Axl earned and saved way more than Slash is quite clueless. One was very business savvy and the other wasn't. One was a huge drug addict for decades, the other wasn't.

So you would have to be quite clueless to not realize that drug addicts typically do not protect their money well.

I know what you said, and therefore your interpretation labels me as "quite clueless", to wit, I believe it's "quite lame" if people posts things as facts and then refuse to back up thier claims. All you've offered is opinion. I have no problems with opinions at all. It's trying to turn them into facts that I take issue with.

The drug addiction is a fact yes. Addicts not protecting their money is an opinion. See how it works now?

I could be totally full of shit and they still wouldn't be able to out argue me. I'm obviously by far the most intelligent person here. The fact that I make sure to argue in favor of the truth is simply icing on the cake. I would still win even if I chose to argue in favor of the incorrect position.

This must be one of those joke posts you mention. I chuckled.

Does any one else find it really funny a big deal is made of this even if its true,but the story about Slash shooting up, an killing his supposed best friend and then lying to cover it all up,which would just make him a real pc of shit is just ignored basically. If that story were about Axl he would be crucified,by the media and probably up on charges.

And Izzy was a heroin dealer. So he probably sold drugs to a lot of people who died, or who ruined their lives because of their addiction.

Axl physically abused at least two different women and is considered a real prick by most people.

So in the end, you have to make a choice.

Support and follow their careers, help make them millionaires, because you love the music that they create?

Or,

Care about their personal lives and decide to not support their careers.

Axl is my favorite rock singer of all time. So I support his career. I'm only interested in the music he creates.

But I don't want to hang out with him, spending an hour with him wouldn't be the highlight of my life (or my day, for that matter) and I wouldn't want my sister to date him. But he is, imo, the best rock singer alive today.

yeah I agree completely,I was mostly referring to how sites like blabbermouth and NME,media etc. pick up on any story or rumour regarding axl that are negative and go with it true or not. Negative Slash stories just don't seem to ever be reported,that's all.

We have the bitter ex fans and then we have actual fans that speak the truth regardless of whether or not it favors axl, and last but certainly not least we have the cock gobblers, these fans are the type of fans that would find an excuse or reason as to why axl killed 3 people.

Does any one else find it really funny a big deal is made of this even if its true,but the story about Slash shooting up, an killing his supposed best friend and then lying to cover it all up,which would just make him a real pc of shit is just ignored basically. If that story were about Axl he would be crucified,by the media and probably up on charges.

And Izzy was a heroin dealer. So he probably sold drugs to a lot of people who died, or who ruined their lives because of their addiction.

Axl physically abused at least two different women and is considered a real prick by most people.

So in the end, you have to make a choice.

Support and follow their careers, help make them millionaires, because you love the music that they create?

Or,

Care about their personal lives and decide to not support their careers.

Axl is my favorite rock singer of all time. So I support his career. I'm only interested in the music he creates.

But I don't want to hang out with him, spending an hour with him wouldn't be the highlight of my life (or my day, for that matter) and I wouldn't want my sister to date him. But he is, imo, the best rock singer alive today.

yeah I agree completely,I was mostly referring to how sites like blabbermouth and NME,media etc. pick up on any story or rumour regarding axl that are negative and go with it true or not. Negative Slash stories just don't seem to ever be reported,that's all.

Did you ever think there are no negative Slash stories to report?

I have a lion as a pet. I can't prove you that I have a lion because I don't have a camera and can't upload it to prove it to you. Therefore to you it ain't a verified fact, but it is still a fact.

I'm smart, I deserve a cookie.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

And something doesn't become a fact simply because it's been stated by YOU. You've verified nothing. Therefore, it's not a fact.

You are correct that something is not a fact simply because I said it. It just happened to be a fact in that instance. It is a fact that Axl is wealthier than Slash. You are free to not believe that or not accept it as fact. You are free to view it as an unverified claim.

But it's not an opinion. Either it's true or it's not. Either it's a fact like I've claimed, or I'm lying. Opinion has nothing to do with this.

I don't typically call people I don't know liars. But since it seems like in this case the shoe fits, wear it.

Negative Slash stories just don't seem to ever be reported,that's all.

Before I say what I'm gonna say I just want to make it clear that I am a fan of both, but I don't worship the ground that either of them walks on.....

Maybe the reason there are no negative Slash stories to report is because there is nothing negative to report on. Slash doesn't have his management banning Axl or GnR shirts from shows, Slash doesn't leave fans waiting until whenever the fuck he feels like showing up, things like that........ Yeah, it sucks that even though Izzy showed up and played with Axl the media chooses to focus on the Slash shirt fiasco, but that's how the media rolls- focus on the negative, especially when someone is making it REALLY easy to do so....