Guns N' Roses ban fans from wearing Slash t-shirts to their UK gigs

Zint

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

msl,that's disgusting.

Slash is free to sue MSL if the comments are wrong, to be fair.

It is clear text, written in a public environment.

If someone comunicates with Slash, forward them on and let him deal with it and let's see what happens.

msl,that's disgusting.

If someone comunicates with Slash, forward them on and let him deal with it and let's see what happens.

Yeah I am sure Slash will be losing sleep over what MSL thinks and says about him........... :rofl-lol:

dalsh, axl is the sole owner of gnr. gnr is a money making machine.

axl makes the most from sales of the back catalog as well.

slash is a drug addict loser.

Right, you're starting to annoy me now and i've got the patience of a saint.

Please take Zint's friendly warning to mind. Thank you.

I didn't know that MSL had said that stuff. Thanks for the info. I guess there is no point arguing with that dude.

This is the problem with so many of you. You'll believe someone (or the media's) interpretation of something, without ever bothering to do your own research and find out what the truth really is.

Am I a cupcake? YES! I'm a cupcake that cupcakes other cupcakes using FACTS, LOGIC AND REASON.

I am the worst enemy of the bitter ex-fans because I cupcake them with THE TRUTH.

That is why they complain so loudly. I leave them with no other move.

I just trust Classicrawker. When he makes a claim on someone you just have to listen, he is the most unbiased (to a unhealthy degree :tongue2: ) person I've 'met' on the forums. So to say that stuff, there really has to be something going on.

There are no ex fans. There is an ex-band really. There are fans of GNR and NU-GNR, as well as fans of both. Your interpretation of reality does not make sense or logic, and you also don't respond to most of the replies that actually make sense.

msl,that's disgusting.

Yeah I am sure Slash will be losing sleep over what MSL thinks and says about him........... :rofl-lol:

Haha, I agree with your sentiment.

To be fair though, it is better that talking about the original subject. The world will be thinking that the UK has turned into a grandad society, what with the publicity over the furore over late nights, pretty girls being given free tickets and this Slash T shirt nonsense.

Colon: facepalm

I did not say that Slash is a drug user. I said he is a drug addict. He's admitted it publicly many times. I'm proud of him for maintaining his sobriety in recent years, but he's still an addict, which is why it would be so important for him to stay sober. Some of you need to stop reading what you want to read and start reading what I actually said.

Well you also said "loser" as well :shrugs:

I did not say that Slash is a drug user. I said he is a drug addict. He's admitted it publicly many times. I'm proud of him for maintaining his sobriety in recent years, but he's still an addict, which is why it would be so important for him to stay sober. Some of you need to stop reading what you want to read and start reading what I actually said.

imo your poster is absurd and utterly childish.to the point of it being irritating for real.

imo your poster is absurd and utterly childish.to the point of it being irritating for real.

He said the truth about Slash though.

hahahahah so after everything that's been said about current members, i'm being warned by multiple mods because i called slash a loser?!?

aight, i will be more careful in the future. apologies to all. sincerely.

Sorry MSL. You're not BBA. You don't have a safety net. We can't speak our minds/opinions around here anymore.

hahahahah so after everything that's been said about current members, i'm being warned by multiple mods because i called slash a loser?!?

Sorry MSL. You're not BBA. You don't have a safety net. We can't speak our minds/opinions around here anymore.

BBA spreading lies and bashing band members all the time is cool and allowed nowadays.

BBA spreading lies and bashing band members all the time is cool and allowed nowadays.

Exactly. It's pretty pathetic. Especially when MSL posts truth and facts 95% of the time, and BBA tries really hard to start controversy.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

:lol:

I think you better read up on BBA's history on this forum.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

So basically you are not allowed to wear a Slash t-shirt, but the band is allowed to play his riffs, his songs, and his solos note for note every night? Man this is twisted...

This.

I had to go back over 10 pages to find the whole point of this thread buried.

Exactly. It's pretty pathetic. Especially when MSL posts truth and facts 95% of the time, and BBA tries really hard to start controversy.

oh please!

We've been moderating dont worry, it's not as one sided as it appears to you, believe me.

That said, I do agree with you to an extent - From goodwill we've let banned members return and for the most part ive been comfortable with that. Will many of them go back on the warning trail again? probably yes.

Doesn't help when after what? 6 weeks since the takover? we're being accused of being one sided.

Again, trust me, 41,000 members (even putting aside obviously bullshit) is a full time job. Mods in place, rules do need up-dating and we are working on them as we speak.

Thank you :)

Subsy -

For the record, I don't think things have been one sided.

I just hope the mods keep in mind that I never take things off topic. Others take things off topic, and then I defend myself.

I post here because I enjoy the on topic discussion. If the off topic attacks stopped, I'd have no need to defend myself and then there wouldn't be so many topics getting off track.

got it. back on topic please!

Not really going to read through all of the thread right now, but for what it's worth, out of the 4 US shows I saw from November to February, at none of them did I see or hear anything about this subject. So, that being said, still no idea if it's the band or a venue policy, and the media just makes it out to sound like it's the band doing it.

Not really going to read through all of the thread right now, but for what it's worth, out of the 4 US shows I saw from November to February, at none of them did I see or hear anything about this subject. So, that being said, still no idea if it's the band or a venue policy, and the media just makes it out to sound like it's the band doing it.

As I said earlier, I've been to many GN'R shows and only ever heard the announcement once. This year at the HoB Chicago show a security person from HoB came out prior to letting Gold and Silver VIP in and read the "No Slash Shirts" policy right from a sheet he said he was just given by GN'R management.

dalsh, axl is the sole owner of gnr. gnr is a money making machine.

axl makes the most from sales of the back catalog as well.

slash is a drug addict loser.

Axl makes enough to not have to tour, but it's not "f you" money.

I don't know if he's a money machine - he wouldn't be running the show late and paying fines if it was all about money.

At festivals, if Axl says he wants to headline for a million dollars, they'll give it to him. If Slash says he wants to headline,they're going to laugh at him.

The back catalog - somewhere in the world they're being played on the radio, someone's covering them, and in a karaoke bar, someone will be singing a GnR song, all those pennies add up over time. Add to that background music in a movie for a 6 figure check. Forgot how much it cost Madmen to use part of a Beatles song.

But Slash does a lot of endorsements, his name's on guitars that go for thousands of dollars, he gets a cut of that, he still gets a piece of the publishing, he sells t-shirts (OBVIOUSLY!). But even though he plays smaller places, he also doesn't have the trucks Axl has, and the cost of seeing Slash vs seeing GnR are roughly about the same. It's possible they're taking home the same amount of money,once you factor in Axl's added expenses, and Slash's band fitting all their stuff in a U-Haul.

And just because someone lives in a mansion, some of them still fall on hard times. Chris Rock's rich vs wealthy joke...

As I said earlier, I've been to many GN'R shows and only ever heard the announcement once. This year at the HoB Chicago show a security person from HoB came out prior to letting Gold and Silver VIP in and read the "No Slash Shirts" policy right from a sheet he said he was just given by GN'R management.

Want to stir some shit up? Find that paper and post it online. Let's see how fast it becomes a news item.

I say good. Slash has nothing to do with Guns N' Roses now. You're trying to start a fire you won't be able to put out by wearing a Slash t-shirt to a show.

I will wear a Slash t-shirt at the Mallorca gig. :shrugs:

Let's see what happens ;).