The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Haters gonna hate

Also, blu ray fans only plz

Are any of us really fans of blu-rays? No, we are fans of movies and because we are fans of movies, we enjoy seeing them in the best quality we can. I don't own one blu-ray of a movie I don't like and even when I blind buy a movie it's because it seems like something I'll like a lot or I've been wanting to see it and trying to find a place to rent it or a person to borrow it from is just much more of a hassle than dishing out the 15 bucks.

Uhmm.. that's a good point. Then I'm just a film lover? I've been living a lie all these years. :cry:

Apparently there is going to be a Best Buy exclusive version for The Avengers that'll include:

1) A $30 sideshow collectable gift card

2) Marvels Avengers "guide"

3) Lighted lithograph case and card

4) A Marvel Avengers music download

Looking forward to it :)

Cool. :thumbsup:

Do you know what happened with this box set?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Phase-One-Avengers-Assembled-Blu-ray/46675/

ITEM UPDATE: The "Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One-Avengers Assembled Collection" will not be released by Marvel as we originally expected. We know this delay is disappointing, and we're sorry for any inconvenience this causes. Marvel is planning to offer a similar collection in new packaging. The new collection will include the original titles offered with the first version of the item, and we expect it will be available in the spring of 2013. Additional information will be available on our website and via email when available.

yeah they got sued by the company who makes the briefcase used in the movie because while they got the right permissions to use the case in the movie, they never had rights to make knock-offs/replicas of it. The company felt as though it was diminishing their brand having a cheaply made plastic case that looks just like the ones they manufacture. It was going to be pretty much the same size and everything.

:o Thanks for the info. Interesting read.

I wish I had a Fry's around me. :(

Pre-ordered the Ted steelbook from Amazon UK. Around $33 shipped which is pricey as shit, and hoping the price drops, but I've heard nothing but good things about this movie so I'm sure I'll love it.

Also, canceled my Universal Monsters set for now. I'll probably order it a little bit down the road, and it might even be a bit cheaper then.

Just randomly came accross these awesome 3D posters by McFarlane. Some of you have probably seem them before, but this is the first I've seen them and am definitely going to get the Alien and Nightmare ones!

mcf_posterset_b6.jpg

Haven't seen these in a while.

How much are they going for these days?

So I just cracked the Indiana Jones set for a few quick peeks.

They come in those cardboard sleeves that are really hard to open without getting prints on the disc. :confused:

Might store these in the dvd cases, I dunno yet.

Played a few scenes from the first two movies, holy shit man...these look amazing! :devilshades:

Cabin In The Woods was a blind buy for me...and largely based on everyone I know raving about it.

I just watched it, I really liked it.

I think some of the initial surprises lost some of the edge for me..I didn't know anything definite, but the vague references people would drop had me on guard for twists and turns...not just a "cabin in the woods" movie.

And the slip cover provided a few indirect clues as well.

Clever movie..I dug it.

Watching some of the extras now.

Here's the Best Buy exclusive for The Avengers:

WP_000002_zps64ef0dc8.jpg

WP_000003_zps2b9f506d.jpg

Doesn't exactly look like it's worth $70, but depending on what my discount on the sale price is, I might end up getting it.

Yeah I'm sticking with my original plan now of getting the target edition and putting it in my best buy metal case.

I saw there is a Men In Black trilogy box set coming out. I'm glad I waited on buying the first two now, especially since they didn't make packaging to match I an II for number III.

I saw there is a Men In Black trilogy box set coming out. I'm glad I waited on buying the first two now, especially since they didn't make packaging to match I an II for number III.

This.

Cabin In The Woods was a blind buy for me...and largely based on everyone I know raving about it.

I just watched it, I really liked it.

I think some of the initial surprises lost some of the edge for me..I didn't know anything definite, but the vague references people would drop had me on guard for twists and turns...not just a "cabin in the woods" movie.

And the slip cover provided a few indirect clues as well.

Clever movie..I dug it.

Watching some of the extras now.

Ha! I wish I had free time to watch the extras, my job sucks. :cry: