The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Eating Raoul. Is the last one worth a blind buy for $20?

It's not a movie for everyone, so I dunno.

I saw it when it came out and really liked it...maybe because I was extremely baked. :drool:

I'm looking forward to it all the same.

I've got a blind buy for ya...pick up Antichrist.

I double dog dare you. :devilshades::nervous:

Antichrist any good? Just heard of it yesterday and immediately put it in my Netflix queue.

I saw it when it came out and really liked it...maybe because I was extremely baked. :drool:

Antichrist any good? Just heard of it yesterday and immediately put it in my Netflix queue.

Beautifully crafted movie...but, it's pretty fucking disturbing.

And I would have wanted to be at the front of that gig - I like a challenge! :anger:

Have you seen this movie? :huh:

No, but I know what happened at the gig and whatnot.

I was just kidding though. I wouldn't have wanted to get killed. :(

Watch what goes on down front, it's pretty mental. :shock:

Since you're on /film, did you see the post about the whalen/perillo art show in venice on friday? I'm going to it and am SO stoked.

In regards to the criterion sale, I have gimme shelter and godzillai in my cart right now, deciding if I want to spend the money or not.

Beautifully crafted movie...but, it's pretty fucking disturbing.

I'm down with disturbing. I do have Cannibal Holocaust in my collection :popcorn:

Just read about it. I remember hearing about it, but I don't know if I'm daring enough to blind buy it :tongue2:

I might as well just blind buy Salò, or The 120 Days of Sodom :shrugs:

I actually considered getting it in the Criterion sale :lol:

Get out. :max:

But yeah, if my new job was started already I'd grab a few more released, but I'm trying to stick to just $60 right now. :tongue2: I'm leaning towards Gimmie Shelter, because although I'm sure I'll find Dazed funny, I'm sure it's more enjoyable while baked, which is something I don't partake in. I'll pick it up another time. :thumbsup:

Gimme Shelter features REAL stoned people, not actors pretending to be stoned. :tongue2:

Gimme Shelter is fascinating.

Yeah the Stones shit is great, but it's also a closer look at what was really going on at the time...not this trumped up shit that Woodstock tries to evoke.

People refer to Gimme Shelter as the end of the Hippie era, or the Woodstock nation or whatever.

What it manages to do is give a glimpse at the truth.

It was just as ugly as any decade, there's always a seedy underbelly.

Drug addiction, Hell's Angels, violence, murder, sleazy characters, in this case set to the soundtrack of a rock band at a badly mounted rock concert.

I wouldn't have wanted to be down front at that gig I'll tell ya! :scared:

The Stones are my favorite band and the 69 tour is my favorite Stones tour so I have watched my Gimme Shelter DVD a least a dozen times so I am a little biased. I am looking forward to watching the Bluray version on the new TV.

Personally I think it is worth getting just for the limited live video as there is little video available even on bootleg from that tour and the Stones were on the top of their game back then...Mick Taylor was new and really into the music and the band was fired up to be touring again after a couple of years off and not too jaded playing the old hits at that point ....

I agree with you Zint as I would not have wanted to be down front during that show but would still love to have attended it a little ways back up the hill and with a good quality reel to reel recorder to have taped it as the Stones played pretty well that day despite the chaos. Plus the warm up bands were pretty good that day also....

Edited by classicrawker

So all in all today, got the Avengers 3D combo for $20, bought The Game and Rushmore for $20 each and used $40 in giftcards, and I ordered Traffic, Gimmie Shelter, and Dazed & Confused, all for $60 shipped. Good day. I've got my Avengers discs in the awesome Best Buy pre-order case, and I can't wait to get the rest of my Criterions within the next week or so. :)

I'm thinking about ordering 2 blank Criterion cases and converting my Fantastic Mr. Fox to a fake-Criterion release, and the other one for Moonrise Kingdom when it comes out. Would just love to have all of my Wes Anderson movies in order, in Criterion form.

Got the target 3D blu, blu, dvd, digital copy, soundtrack and bonus disc set today for 19.99 and since I don't have a 3d player and don't use digital copies, I put those one ebay with the packaging and kept the bluray/dvd/bonus disc and out them in my best buy metal case and I already have a bid for 10 bucks, so as of now, I payed 9.99 for the avengers and 2.50 for the metal case, sweet!