The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Anyone have the AC/DC Live from River Plate blu? Been thinking about picking it up - looks pretty awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYt2B0Nf5Hw&feature=related

I have the DVD (shame on me, I know) but the concert itself is awesome. I can only imagine how much more amazing it'd be in HD. The mix is great, one of the better sounding AC/DC live releases for sure.

As a side note, it's coming out on CD in November

Edited by James Bond

I also pre-ordered Cinderella to get the really nice case. Depending on Release Week price, I may pick it up.

Future Shop is offering a printable coupon to save 5 bucks on this version, so I'll probably pick it up Tues.

I have the live at river plate blu ray and let me assure you it is stupendously good. The audio is top notch as you would expect from ac/dc and the picture is so clear you can practically see every face in the crowd! Best way to watch it.

Ordered Dances with Wolves, Platoon, Godfellas and Terminator from Best Buy tonight for between $7.99-9.99 each free shipping...looking forward to the upgrade..

Also watched my bluray upgrade of Pitch Balck and Chronicles of Riddick today...love those movies..............

Cancel Terminator...if you hated the Ghostbusters transfer.

They did an absolute shit job on it.

It needs a proper restoration.

Meh For $7.99 I can't complain

In Amazon, its up and hurry, order the Cowl Limited Edition of DKR Blu-ray!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

Its $27.99 for now and numbered(30,000) copies. Hurry up my fellow GNR fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that's cheap. I just pre-ordered it until some new stuff surfaces.

Its $35.99 now. lol

Tonight I upgraded a few movies to blu for ten bucks each.

Hellboy, Hellboy 2, Close Encounters and Shaun of the Dead.

Picked up Close Encounters, haven't had time to watch it yet.

Ordered Dances with Wolves, Platoon, Godfellas and Terminator from Best Buy tonight for between $7.99-9.99 each free shipping...looking forward to the upgrade..

Also watched my bluray upgrade of Pitch Balck and Chronicles of Riddick today...love those movies..............

Cancel Terminator...if you hated the Ghostbusters transfer.

They did an absolute shit job on it.

It needs a proper restoration.

Yeah, I believe the new release in the UK has a new transfer, though.

Also, Best Buy is apparently going to have a steelbook for The Amazing Spider-Man, but I hate the fucking artwork if this is final:

6814661.jpg

I really hope they end up using something different and that's just a placeholder image.

And for all of you "Extras" whores, and those who are interested in Prometheus, get the 3D release as it has all of the extra content, which is supposed to be a hell of a lot.

Is there a Blu Ray version that doesn't come with the 3D disc? And will a 3D disc play on a regular Blu Ray player?

Great news! The euro steelbook for The Dark Knight Rises is awful. :lol:

Is it as awful as the movie was?

You actually thought it was awful? :unsure:

Also, the E.T. steelbook from Target is going to be $17.99 on release week, and could possibly be had for $14.99 if you can use the Universal 100th Anniversary coupon on it, so either way, I think I will end up getting this movie. Pretty good price, especially for the steel.

The 3D version comes with a 3D disc and a 2D disc. There is a version that comes with just the 2D disc and DVD, but it doesn't come with all of the extras that the 3D version does.

So does the 2D disc in the 3D package have the extra features from the 3D disc? :lol:

The 3D version comes with a 3D disc and a 2D disc. There is a version that comes with just the 2D disc and DVD, but it doesn't come with all of the extras that the 3D version does.

So does the 2D disc in the 3D package have the extra features from the 3D disc? :lol:

:lol:

The extras are on a totally different blur-ray disc as far as I know. Bottom line, if you want the extras, get the 3D release. :lol:

Nicer slip, also. :thumbsup:

Great news! The euro steelbook for The Dark Knight Rises is awful. :lol:

Is it as awful as the movie was?

You actually thought it was awful? :unsure:

I loved the movie but my now ex-girlfriend fell asleep after 40 minutes. :max:

Just buy the damn 3D package and shut up! :tongue2:

Anyone get Indiana Jones yet?

Just buy the damn 3D package and shut up! :tongue2:

Oh, I will. Just making sure of everything since its $50 :P