The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

For E.T., does anyone know if its the theatrical version or does it have the 20th anniversary edits (i.e., walkie talkies instead of guns)?

Spielberg was at the 30th anniversary for Raiders screening I think and said the walkie talkie stuff was one of the worst things he's ever done. He then asked if anyone would care if he released original ET and Indiana Jones prints on Bluray. To which the audience responded with a resounding no. "Alright you got em" he said. I believe in Raiders you can once again see the pane of glass between Indy and the cobra in the well of souls.

Cool!

I believe I read that Raiders had some very minor work done when they did the HD transfer - they did some color adjustment on the opening sequence because Steven though it was too dark. Dunno if that ended up in the final product, but I know it was mentioned when they were doing the transfers. I can live with changes like that.

I think I'll wait until Indy is $30-40. Hopefully around Black Friday.

Think it'll be that cheap? I've still only seen the Alien Anthology for $40 once and it came out a few years ago...

The Alien Anthology has been $30 for awhile ;)

I bought the UK version for less than $25 if I remember correctly. Any difference with the US version?

Also, am I the only one excited about the release of Prometheus? :D

Kill Bill vol. 2

Please, after you finish, let me know if Kill Bill is worth a steelbook.

Kill Bill vol. 2

If vol 1 and every review are any indication, picture and sound are perfect.

I won't buy steelbooks personally, though they really need to do something about the cheapy plastic they make Blu cases out of. I mean come on, DVD's in the 2.99 bin in stores have stronger plastic, but not a 19.99 Blu-Ray? Fuck off.

I think I'll wait until Indy is $30-40. Hopefully around Black Friday.

Think it'll be that cheap? I've still only seen the Alien Anthology for $40 once and it came out a few years ago...

The Alien Anthology has been $30 for awhile ;)

I bought the UK version for less than $25 if I remember correctly. Any difference with the US version?

Also, am I the only one excited about the release of Prometheus? :D

Kill Bill vol. 2

Kill Bill is worth it. Tarantino transfers are always top notch.

Of course I'm excited about Prometheus! Film of the year for me!

Prometheus 3D combo will be $19.99 after the Upgrade and Save coupon at Best Buy. Fuck it, I'm getting it to hold me over until I get my steel! :lol:

Damn, I'll be getting the E.T. steel at Target, then I'll be going over to Best Buy to get Prometheus 3D, Dishonored, and Pokemon White 2 - then have no time to deal with any of it because I won't know what to go to first! :lol:

Yeah I'll be getting that E.T. steel book too, great price on it.

I also need to track down the elm street collection and will eventually get to picking up dark shadows.

I'm pretty pissed about the dark knight rises. They're releasing the single film and the trilogy but then next year, they are releasing an ultimate collector's trilogy. Fuckin' assholes.

I would try hard to track down the Elm Street collection. Most Best Buys got around 5 or less.

And I'll be happy with my Dark Knight Rises steel when it comes out. The Ultimate Collector's Trilogy would have to be in some crazy cool packaging and include some really nice, new stuff for me to even worry about it, really.

So excited to get Prometheus and re-watch it, though. And especially for such an awesome price. I may end up just keeping the steel and the regular release, but we'll see. I might actually try my luck and see if Target will price match Best Buy's U&S price of 19.99 and get their exclusive - http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=6548226&postcount=2291

Ordered the GodFather trilogy Coppola Restoration and one of my favorite all time SciFi movies Forbidden Planet today..........

Good score!

The Godfather trilogy finally looks the way it's supposed to.

Forbidden Planet looks fucking brilliant on blu, you're going to be happy with that one!

I would try hard to track down the Elm Street collection. Most Best Buys got around 5 or less.

I tried. None of the stores anywhere close to me have it. Fuck.

Do you still work at a best buy? If so, do you guys have it?

My store only got 3 copies and we're all out :(

Ask them to see if any of the surrounding stores have it, and they might be able to transfer a copy.

Ask them to see if any of the surrounding stores have it, and they might be able to transfer a copy.

I did and NOWHERE has it. i'm not so sure it made it's way out to California.

I did and NOWHERE has it. i'm not so sure it made it's way out to California.

Hm, that's interesting.

Well, it's only an exclusive until the 5th of January, so if you can't get it before then, you shouldn't have any trouble finding it then.