The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Decided I will pick up Cinderella tomorrow (along with an adorable Lucifer plush that may or may not have been a big reason in pushing me to get it). Also going to grab the Nightmare on Elm Street set - can't wait for that!

Then gonna grab the E.T. steel at Target next week, hoping to use the Uni 100th coupon and bring it down to $15. After that comes Moonrise Kingdom, still debating the I, Robot 3D Sonny Head for $100, and not sure if I'm going to blind-buy Abe Lincoln Vamp Hunter 3D or not.

Either way, after those, October should be done blu-ray wise :)

Decided I will pick up Cinderella tomorrow.

Glad you mentioned that, I forgot to print the coupon.

It's supposed to only be used for the 3-disc version, which only comes with a digital copy as "extra" as far as I know, but I'll be using it on the regular version, because I always break the rules at work :awesomeface:

Future Shop is advertising a special exclusive "metal packaging" version that the coupon can be used on.

Do you guys have that version in the States??

It's probably the Viva Metal Case that we had as a pre-order bonus:

118069.jpg

It's actually very nice looking. :) Though I'm running out of space to display my steels, and there are still 10+ that I don't have displayed :lol:

I won't get sucked into this, dammit! :lol:

Not my favorite movie of all time, so I'll be OK with the steelbook for less than $20.

Yeah that's not happening. :lol:

I even cancelled my steelbook.

I bought the blu release of Harvey, and it came with a $10.00 off coupon for the E.T. blu, which means I can get it for like 15 bucks.

I'm fine with that.

Like you said, not one of my fav movies.

I remember watching it as a kid and not liking it that much, but maybe just because I thought it was creepy/weird? I don't know, but I'll watch it again, and maybe I'll like it more now that I'm a little older and can appreciate it more. Also, it's a steelbook, so either way it'll be hard for me to get rid of then :lol:

Really hope my Criterions come tomorrow :(

Yeah, it's pretty nice. Not sure when I'll watch the film, honestly. I enjoy classic Disney, but I'll admit, Cinderella wasn't one of my favorites growing up and that pre-order case (and the Lucifer plush :tongue2:) is definitely what pushed me into getting it. I've already passed on some other classics for now that I would have gotten before this one if there had been more incentives to get them right away. Either way, it'll still be cool to have it. I plan on giving it its own little shelf with the case displayed with the plush doll. :tongue2:

Hoping to get some more shelves also, that way I can display the rest of my steels, and whenever I get that Thor set I wanted, I can display all of that, along with my Captain America and Avengers steels. Same goes for the Machete set I'm getting - I wanna display that with the figurine and whatnot.

Shit man, too many things I want to display :lol:

And speaking of classics, one that I really am anticipating coming out on blu is Balto. Man, I loved that movie. Can't believe it isn't on blu-ray yet!

Yeah, I'm holding off on Indy.

And Prometheus won't be anymore than $30, Powerage. With the Upgrade and Save at Best Buy the week it comes out, you'll probably be able to get it around or under $25.

Yea, you're right. I saw that price on Amazon before they listed their price as opposed to list price - it's $29.99 now. I'll be near Best Buy next Tuesday so I'll pick it up then ;)

Future Shop is advertising a special exclusive "metal packaging" version that the coupon can be used on.

Do you guys have that version in the States??

It's probably the Viva Metal Case that we had as a pre-order bonus:

118069.jpg

It's actually very nice looking. :) Though I'm running out of space to display my steels, and there are still 10+ that I don't have displayed :lol:

Picked this up today, looks pretty sharp!

For E.T., does anyone know if its the theatrical version or does it have the 20th anniversary edits (i.e., walkie talkies instead of guns)?

Spielberg was at the 30th anniversary for Raiders screening I think and said the walkie talkie stuff was one of the worst things he's ever done. He then asked if anyone would care if he released original ET and Indiana Jones prints on Bluray. To which the audience responded with a resounding no. "Alright you got em" he said. I believe in Raiders you can once again see the pane of glass between Indy and the cobra in the well of souls.