The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

The Universal coffin arrived today!

It's a lot smaller than I expected. :lol:

But that's cool, I was wondering where the hell I was going to store it.

Looks great, really glad I went for this version!

I've been waiting for these on blu, highly coveted!

Stoked! :devilshades:

So I immediately threw in the Creature From The Black Lagoon 3D blu-ray...thinking it was going to be old school 3D, like the Friday 13th part 3D blu.

Nope!

It's the new technology 3D where you need the player, t.v. and the glasses.

Of which I have none! :lol:

:(

I would try hard to track down the Elm Street collection. Most Best Buys got around 5 or less.

And I'll be happy with my Dark Knight Rises steel when it comes out. The Ultimate Collector's Trilogy would have to be in some crazy cool packaging and include some really nice, new stuff for me to even worry about it, really.

So excited to get Prometheus and re-watch it, though. And especially for such an awesome price. I may end up just keeping the steel and the regular release, but we'll see. I might actually try my luck and see if Target will price match Best Buy's U&S price of 19.99 and get their exclusive - http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=6548226&postcount=2291

Very excited for Prometheus too. Though...of the 3 times I saw it in theaters, 2 were in IMAX. So the Blu Ray may seem a little lackluster :lol:

I would try hard to track down the Elm Street collection. Most Best Buys got around 5 or less.

And I'll be happy with my Dark Knight Rises steel when it comes out. The Ultimate Collector's Trilogy would have to be in some crazy cool packaging and include some really nice, new stuff for me to even worry about it, really.

So excited to get Prometheus and re-watch it, though. And especially for such an awesome price. I may end up just keeping the steel and the regular release, but we'll see. I might actually try my luck and see if Target will price match Best Buy's U&S price of 19.99 and get their exclusive - http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=6548226&postcount=2291

Very excited for Prometheus too. Though...of the 3 times I saw it in theaters, 2 were in IMAX. So the Blu Ray may seem a little lackluster :lol:

Yeah, a little disappointed that they (or most studios for that matter) didn't put the IMAX ratios on blu-ray. Either way, can't wait to watch it again in 3D, and I hope I can get Target to match Best buy's 19.99 price so I can get the exclusive! :D

Also, Barnes & Noble is going to have another Criterion 50% off sale starting October 30th and it will go on for 3 weeks. I'll nab the last few Criterions I'm interested in during that. :)

Yeah, a little disappointed that they (or most studios for that matter) didn't put the IMAX ratios on blu-ray. Either way, can't wait to watch it again in 3D, and I hope I can get Target to match Best buy's 19.99 price so I can get the exclusive! :D

Also, Barnes & Noble is going to have another Criterion 50% off sale starting October 30th and it will go on for 3 weeks. I'll nab the last few Criterions I'm interested in during that. :)

What exactly is exclusive in the Target version?

Also, Barnes & Noble is going to have another Criterion 50% off sale starting October 30th and it will go on for 3 weeks.

Sweet!

I'm addicted to these sales!

This time..Rashomon, Rosemary's Baby, Harold and Maude..to start with. :devilshades:

I wasn't a huge fan of Prometheus, but that Target edition is gorgeous. I may have to pick that up...

I'll get it if I can price match it to best buys $20 price.

Also, right after I mentioned the Bond blus, they all dropped to $8 lol

EDIT: I've got 11 of them in my cart right now for $93. Should I do it?! :nervous:

I wasn't a huge fan of Prometheus, but that Target edition is gorgeous. I may have to pick that up...

I'll get it if I can price match it to best buys $20 price.

Also, right after I mentioned the Bond blus, they all dropped to $8 lol

EDIT: I've got 11 of them in my cart right now for $93. Should I do it?! :nervous:

You know, when I read what you posted few days ago:

Either way, after those, October should be done blu-ray wise :)

I said, that's bullshit :lol:

Then I read your post above, and I said: "Yep, it was bullshit!". Buy them. :takethat:

Ugh, why are all of the Bond re-releases so expensive? $18 on Amazon? Kiss my ass! I'll pay $10 each, max. Hope they come down in price, soon.

My guess is to encourage people, even those who bought the previously available Blu-rays, to buy the Bond 50 set. Amazon has that going for $150, which works out to less than seven bucks a film. It definitely sucks for those who already own some of the previously released ones. I intentionally held off figuring they'd do a big set for the 50th Anniversary, so I'm glad I was right. :lol:

It didn't come today so it should be here Monday. I've been reading great reviews about the transfers, and the overall packaging for that matter. They fixed some of the problems with the previous batch of Bond DVDs, like cropping issues with GoldenEye and a couple other films. The bonus disc is apparently a bust though. Oh well, I'm just pumped to see every Bond in HD as I wait for Skyfall.

I won't buy the Bond 50 set because it'll bug me to have that, then have future release after Skyfall, so that's why I plan on getting all of the separate releases.

Fair enough. I'm the same way most of the time. I hate when I've got a bunch of movies from a series and one (or more) doesn't match with the rest.

I'll make an exception for this since it's a cool looking box, it's cheaper, and it does have a spot for Skyfall so I at least won't have to worry about films not matching until after Bond 24 comes out. At that point there'll probably be another box set I'll get suckered into buying anyways. Damn you James Bond. :lol:

Might pick up all or some of these for $5 after the Upgrade and Save at Best Buy this week:

There's Something About Mary

Jeff Dunham: Minding The Monsters

50/50

The 40 Year Old Virgin

Little Fockers

Meet The Fockers

Total Recall: MBE

Also, might blind-buy the Season 1 and 2 combo of Workaholics for $8. And is Road to Perdition worth a blind buy at $5?

Might pick up all or some of these for $5 after the Upgrade and Save at Best Buy this week:

50/50

The 40 Year Old Virgin

Little Fockers

Meet The Fockers

Yeah, fine

I don't know what that is

Really, really lovely

Ok, whatever

WtF is wrong with you?

See above

Shit yeah!

50/50

The 40 Year Old Virgin

Little Fockers

Meet The Fockers

Yeah, fine

I don't know what that is

Really, really lovely

Ok, whatever

WtF is wrong with you?

See above

Shit yeah!

Still unsure - maybe

Jeff Dunham is funny, especially for $5

Yeah, great movie

It's funny

Haven't seen it, but I liked the other two

See above - I'm a sucker for Ben Stiller, and comedies in general

Word.

Ending up picking up these for $5:

Total Recall: Mind Bending Edition

Daybreakers

Road To Perdition

Workaholics: Season 1 & 2 ($8)

Going to pick up 50/50 on Tuesday, and probably some others, including Prometheus if I can't get it at Target.

$5!...WHERE?

Upgrade & Save Program at Best Buy right now. Trade in any DVD (5 per visit) and get $5 off any blu-ray $9.99 and up, one coupon per blu-ray.

Ending up picking up these for $5:

Total Recall: Mind Bending Edition

Daybreakers

Road To Perdition

Workaholics: Season 1 & 2 ($8)

Going to pick up 50/50 on Tuesday, and probably some others, including Prometheus if I can't get it at Target.

$5!...WHERE?

BS sold his soul to the devil for Blu Ray discounts.