The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

You didn't like Ghostbusters?!

Not at all, thought it was the worst transfer I've seen besides Spinal Tap. SO. GRAINY.

Holy shit mate you are right Powerage it is a terrible transfer on Ghostbusters...looks like they used an old VHS tape as the master but I bought it for my daughters and they don't care about grain and enjoyed watching it last night so at $7.99 it was a win.

I fired up my Bluray three pack Gladiator, Saving Private Ryan and Braveheart and found each disc is a different region code...I payed extra to get a region code free player so can set the region code on my OPPO bluray player using the remote but what a pain in the ass and can't believe Amazon would sell this value pack with movies having different region codes. I would have really been pissed if I had a regular U.S. bluray player and could only play one of the three movies.............

Received notice today that my Night Of The Living Dead (1990) has shipped. :devilshades:

Just cracked a Vodka Mudshake and I'm soon going to pop American Horror Story in and get that going.

I fell behind watching it on t.v. so I'm looking forward to watching this on blu.

For future reference for Criterion sales, is Blow Out worth a blind buy? I figure next time I'll at least get 12 Angry Men and Godzilla, and maybe Videodrome, Blow Out and Fear and Loathing as blind-buys, if they're recommended? I realized that after the sale and after I had price-matched two of them at work, I could have actually marked them down more since the sale was technically 50% off MSRP, I could have saved $15-20. <_< Oh well though, lesson learned

For future reference for Criterion sales, is Blow Out worth a blind buy? I figure next time I'll at least get 12 Angry Men and Godzilla, and maybe Videodrome, Blow Out and Fear and Loathing as blind-buys, if they're recommended? I realized that after the sale and after I had price-matched two of them at work, I could have actually marked them down more since the sale was technically 50% off MSRP, I could have saved $15-20. <_< Oh well though, lesson learned

Just going by your posted likes and dislikes, I would suggest Videodrome and Fear over Blow Out.

All 3 are good, and I have all 3...but as a blind buy not as sure about B O for you.

I'd start with the others.

You should consider Rosemary's Baby eventually. :devilshades:

Future Shop is offering a 10 dollar voucher for Skyfall if you buy two of the new Bond blus that come out Tues., in store.

I preordered all 6 online ,and got an email today that they've shipped.

DOH!

Take 2 back to the store and return and re-buy them ;)

Yeah thought of that, don't know if I'll bother.

I dunno...probably have to wait a month till the movie's off the hot list before I could use it anyway.

I do await your initiation into DePalmaville with anticipation and Blow Out is brilliant, but you have to watch Blowup first, and you're not ready for that (don't worry, I have faith you will be eventually!). Videodrome is also amazing. Fear is fine, but so fucking overrated it's not funny.

Edited by Angelica

I like Mission: Impossible, does that count for me to be a citizen in DePalmaville? :awesomeface:

No, it doesn't (although I like it too). Scarface and Carlito's Way don't either. You start that journey with his 70s stuff. I'll be here to steer you when the time comes. :heart:

Ordered Dances with Wolves, Platoon, Godfellas and Terminator from Best Buy tonight for between $7.99-9.99 each free shipping...looking forward to the upgrade..

Also watched my bluray upgrade of Pitch Balck and Chronicles of Riddick today...love those movies..............

Cancel Terminator...if you hated the Ghostbusters transfer.

They did an absolute shit job on it.

It needs a proper restoration.

Ordered Dances with Wolves, Platoon, Godfellas and Terminator from Best Buy tonight for between $7.99-9.99 each free shipping...looking forward to the upgrade..

Also watched my bluray upgrade of Pitch Balck and Chronicles of Riddick today...love those movies..............

Cancel Terminator...if you hated the Ghostbusters transfer.

They did an absolute shit job on it.

It needs a proper restoration.

Yeah, I believe the new release in the UK has a new transfer, though.

Also, Best Buy is apparently going to have a steelbook for The Amazing Spider-Man, but I hate the fucking artwork if this is final:

6814661.jpg

I really hope they end up using something different and that's just a placeholder image.

And for all of you "Extras" whores, and those who are interested in Prometheus, get the 3D release as it has all of the extra content, which is supposed to be a hell of a lot.

Received notice today that my Night Of The Living Dead (1990) has shipped. :devilshades:

That's the Tom Savini re-make, right? I like it as much as the original (better actually...)

Ever able to get your hands on the colorized version of the original?

Yeah it's the Savini remake, excited to see it on blu.

I have the colourized original, on dvd , not sure if they've put that on blu?

It's kinda fun to see it colourized for novelty's sake.

Def prefer the b+w though. :devilshades: