The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Just make an account and go to the trading forum :)

Also, for anyone interested, possible error on WBshop.com with a couple of seasons of blus: http://www.wbshop.com/category/movies+and+tv/all+tv.do?c=102671.138725&format=Blu-ray&page=all&sortby=priceAscend&sortType=1&AID=10501819&PID=3594900&ref=CJP

How to Make it in America $4.39

Hung S1 $4.39

Hung S2 $4.39

Treme S1 $4.39

Treme S2 $9.39

Mildred Pierce $9.39

Trying my luck and ordering:

Hung S1

Hung S2

Treme S1

Treme S2

Word circulating is that Criterion is going to do a blu release of Eraserhead this year!!

:shock:

Oh. My. God.

Also talk of Criterion doing a blu release this year of Scanners!

Never seen that one. Any good?

Yeah for sure!

Classic sci-fi/ flick...with "cult" status...and it's Cronenberg.

Saw it the theatre when it came out, I'll be buying the blu without a doubt.

2eby9gh.jpg

Picked up some "Extended Boxing Week" sales today.

Megamind and Monsters vs Aliens for 8 bucks, True Grit remake for 10, Sons of Anarchy Season One and Two for 20 each, Prometheus 3D/Blu/DVD.Digital combo pack for 15, Tin Tin 3D combo pack for 15, French Connection (the newer release) for 10, Treasure Planet for 10, Sid and Nancy for 10.

For those interested in Disney titles (and for those who don't know, they also distribute stuff like Con Air, The Rock, O Brother Where Art Thou, etc.), here is a pretty awesome deal: http://forum.blu-ray...ad.php?t=151870

I'll be setting it up and doing it tomorrow and getting a number of titles.

Did this last night and for my initial signup order I got:

Whisper of the Heart

Castle in the Sky

Secret World of Arrietty

Nausicaa Vallet of the Wind

Ponyo

Pocahontas

Winnie the Pooh

All for $21.90 shipped, so all I have to do now is order two movies in the next 12 months at full price, which for both will probably result in being around $60-70, so in the end, all the movies will end up being around $10 each. Damn good deal, as long as you're interested in enough of the movies :)

Picked up Dredd this morning, won't play on either mine or my friends Blu Ray player. Both say no disc. Any suggestions?

If that happens on two different players, I'd say it's an issue with the disc. If anything, you can make sure the firmware for both players are up to date, but just to be safe, I would try to exchange it for another disc.

Lionsgate is doing 3D conversions for some films and the choices are so random http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=10234

Bangkok Dangerous.. can't wait!! :lol:

I'm sure The Descent could be pretty awesome though, if done correctly. Honestly, if all of them are done correctly I think they could be fairly awesome, and I'll probably most definitely be getting Bangkok Dangerous and The Descent.

Returned Dredd and got a second copy, still no dice. I'll return that one in the morning and go elsewhere to get it.

Watched [REC] 3 today, was pleasantly surprised by it. Everyone has been making it out to be some horrible, cheesy zombie comedy which it isn't at all. It was a bit more light-hearted since it takes place at a wedding rather than the claustrophobic apartment building of the first 2, but that doesn't detract from it really. I didn't mind the fact that it was filmed in 3rd person at all either. They connected it to the storyline pretty well (Without spoiling too much, one guest at the wedding treated the sick dog from the first film and was bitten by him - this is exposed right off the bat but it does build off ideas from the second film later on as well). It's my least favorite of the series so far, but is still a worthy entry and much better than most other horror flicks currently out there. Find a way to see it if you enjoyed the first 2 ;)