The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

Well it's a player that's able to play Region Free discs, it just needs the right firmware to do so. The PS3 could potentially play different coded discs, and all Sony would have to do is release an update to do so.

But yeah, easy and cheap. After I got it yesterday it took about 5 minutes for everything to be finished.

I've started picking up some WWE Blu-rays since I've been back into wrestling lately:

Stone Cold Steve Austin: The Bottom Line on the Most Popular Superstar of All Time

The Epic Journey of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Greatest Rivalries: Sean vs. Bret

I've got some of the matches already on past WWE DVD releases but it's nice to have them in HD and properly formatted for widescreen TVs so the image doesn't stretch.

So basically you're buying a "normal" player but installing software that allows it to play all regions? Seems easy enough.

There are some players out there which can be made region free through the remote control if you know the secret code..while other need a firmware update or even a hardware mod to play region free.........there are a bunch of places which already sell region free players

I'll check the model number on my current player and see if an online search finds anything that might save me from buying another, not that it's much money anyways. Still, for the time being I doubt I'll be buying many region locked discs but it'll definitely be useful to have consider its inexpensive.

Our Idiot Brother

Greenberg

The Beaver

If you can, let me know if they're worth buying! :)

I have yet to see Our Idiot Brother, but if you can get the other two for cheap I would say they're worth it, especially if you're fans of the main actors. Both very different kinds of movies, but both very good, in my opinion. :)

Look what's getting a Criterion release in April!

Fuck yeah!!

29fxauq.jpg

Never heard if it but the synopsis sounds interesting. Worth picking up when it comes out? :)

I would rent it, hold off on buying it. Def. in the "80s midnight movie" genre.

Soundtrack's still a good one.

I guess Emilio didn't do the commentary because Alex Cox trashed him in an interview a few years ago.

Our Idiot Brother

Greenberg

Role Models

The Five-Year Engagement

The Beaver

$20 shipped for all 5, used :)

I finally watched The Beaver, didn't know Jennifer Lawrence was in it. Better than I thought, but more depressing than I thought. Just bad timing with Mel's tirades, but it's one to check out. I guarantee had they held on releasing it after Winters Bone and right before Hunger Games, it would've done much better, but Mel was damaged goods. I'm sure Jodie's Oscar speech, Mel being there, and Jennifer in the movie's probably boosting some interest.

Look what's getting a Criterion release in April!

Fuck yeah!!

29fxauq.jpg

Never heard if it but the synopsis sounds interesting. Worth picking up when it comes out? :)

If it's on sale for 20 bucks or something, absolutely.

Cult classic.

Got a big shipment of movies in today:

The Secret World of Arrietty

Whisper of the Heart

Ponyo

Castle in the Sky

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

Winnie the Pooh

World's Greatest Dad

Blades of Glory

Four Brothers

Shooter

Savages

Still waiting on a number of movies to show up, though, and I just ordered The Heartbreak Kid :)

Never got in to Lost. Actually, I usually don't like those "you have to watch every episode or you'll be lost" dramas, but its hard not to love Breaking Bad!

I wish they'd put HIMYM out on Blu Ray. They put season 4 out when it came out on DVD, and thats all to date. I really want to buy it, but I don't in case they end up doing a boxset once the series is over...