The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

My black friday haul...

2rdumow.jpg

and my haul so far for the Barnes and noble Criterion sale that has been going on this past month. I may pick up a few more before it ends in a couple days. I have done very well between the 10% member discount and additional 20, 30 and 40 % off coupons on top of it all.

e7e6w8.jpg

Edited by Stiff Competition

Scream 1-4, No Country for Old Men, Cabin in the Woods, Argo, Ted, This is the End, The Watch, The Conjuring, Taken, Goldeneye, The Aviator, World War Z.

Must stop...Black Friday deals...so tempting.

Taken is great. Need to watch it again one of these days.

Amazon has World War Z for $7.99, or 3D for $14.99. Gotta decide if I should buy that one in 3D for when I've got the right TV...

Completely forgot that The World's End came out last week. I need to find a deal on it and scoop it up.

Ditto.

Think I'm gonna pick up The Ultimate Matrix Collection - currently $19 on Amazon!

Still overpriced. Fry's had a closeout a while back and sold it for $1.99. Best Buy refused to price match.

Completely forgot that The World's End came out last week. I need to find a deal on it and scoop it up.

Ditto.

Think I'm gonna pick up The Ultimate Matrix Collection - currently $19 on Amazon!

Still overpriced. Fry's had a closeout a while back and sold it for $1.99. Best Buy refused to price match.

Well yeah, $18 is quite a difference.

Picked these up today:

89074_large.jpg

91011_front.jpg

EDIT: Honestly, not sure if I want to keep this version of The Wolverine or return it and get the regular 3D version. This one looks cool but apparently the box is unnecessarily large and the digipak is fairly slim, even considering it has 4 discs. The regular 3D edition comes in a thicker, black amaray case as well. They're only about a $2-3 dollar difference though, so we'll see I guess.

:(

Yeah, I like the box a lot, but it definitely is larger than necessary. I think I will return this one and get the regular 3D version.

And yeah, the Pain & Gain blu is just the new "Special Collector's Edition" that came out yesterday. I got mine at Best Buy for $25 which is the cheapest it is anywhere, but my store only got 2 copies and I've been wanting to pick the movie up since the original release, so I didn't mind paying that. Also it's one of my favorite movies of the year :D The case is red also, so it looks pretty cool. Watched the movie again last night, so hoping to check out the special features soon.

I've brought this up before, but it just pisses me off and I wonder. Is anyone dumb enough to pay "full price" for Blu-rays? A new movie comes out, and Best Buy will charge 34.99 for it (already fucking ridiculous) and it'll say, "list price: 59.99." What the actual hell? I haven't bought The Avengers yet because everyone still charges 29.99 for it. Fuck that noise.

I've brought this up before, but it just pisses me off and I wonder. Is anyone dumb enough to pay "full price" for Blu-rays? A new movie comes out, and Best Buy will charge 34.99 for it (already fucking ridiculous) and it'll say, "list price: 59.99." What the actual hell? I haven't bought The Avengers yet because everyone still charges 29.99 for it. Fuck that noise.

Pretty sure there was a deal when Avengers came out that you could get it for like $20? Target had the incorrect price so you could go there or price match somewhere else. That's what I did. And then some months later the Best But exclusive edition in the big box was on clearance for $20. Get with the deals, hooray for tolerance!

And honestly, those large prices/list prices are the MSRP prices and store almost never have them listed as that. Even if it's not on sale, it's still "on sale".

To answer your question though, I'd say only really stupid people do it, or just rich people who don't care. If I was rich and there was a movie I really wanted I wouldn't care what the price was probably.

You're right. I remember Amazon pricematched them and I got Avengers 3D for $20 on release date.

I find it funny that AxlisOld doesn't have Avengers yet. That's so 2012. :lol:

Don't give a fuck about any of the characters except Iron Man, but I heard it's basically a Downey movie with supporting characters, and it seems like you may have to have seen it to get Iron Man 3, which I also do not own or haven't seen.

Pretty sure there was a deal when Avengers came out that you could get it for like $20? Target had the incorrect price so you could go there or price match somewhere else. That's what I did. And then some months later the Best But exclusive edition in the big box was on clearance for $20. Get with the deals, hooray for tolerance!

And honestly, those large prices/list prices are the MSRP prices and store almost never have them listed as that. Even if it's not on sale, it's still "on sale".

To answer your question though, I'd say only really stupid people do it, or just rich people who don't care. If I was rich and there was a movie I really wanted I wouldn't care what the price was probably.

I get that the list is never that, but a movie for 29.99 or 34.99 still horseshit. New releases should be 19.99, 3D, 24-29.99. Lol Best Buy is selling the Avengers DV fucking D for 19.99 still. Can't imagine why people download.

You're right. I remember Amazon pricematched them and I got Avengers 3D for $20 on release date.

I find it funny that AxlisOld doesn't have Avengers yet. That's so 2012. :lol:

Don't give a fuck about any of the characters except Iron Man, but I heard it's basically a Downey movie with supporting characters, and it seems like you may have to have seen it to get Iron Man 3, which I also do not own or haven't seen.

I get that the list is never that, but a movie for 29.99 or 34.99 still horseshit. New releases should be 19.99, 3D, 24-29.99. Lol Best Buy is selling the Avengers DV fucking D for 19.99 still. Can't imagine why people download.

To be honest, that's typically what the movies are around when they come out. Sometimes they'll be 22.99 which seems to be a common price for new releases with 3D releases being around $25-28. But I mean just about every store has the new Fast and the Furious movie on sale for 19.99 next week. Obviously if you wait you can get just about any movie a lot cheaper down the road, but if not, movies aren't usually priced too terribly when they first come out for the most part. If it's a movie I really want I'll get it when it first comes out, but if not (i.e. 2 Guns), I can wait until the price drops a bit.

And don't be calling just Best Buy out on it, Amazon has the DVD at the same price. People give Best Buy shit all the time, but honestly they're usually pretty fair with sale prices, or at least the same as other retailers :shrugs:

Also Matt, look into this deal. You can get both The Avengers and Iron Man 3 through it, as well as some other great movies all for a great price in the end: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740

Yea I shouldn't really piss on Best Buy exclusively, they just have other fuck ups that have left bad tastes in my mouth so I tend to use them as my whipping boy.

Just watched Cabin in the Woods again, fuck me that is one of the most original movies in recent memory. 6.96 at Wal Mart on Saturday (black friday price).

45% off sale at GoHastings right now. CODE: 01000011

You can get Avengers 3D for like $15 or something, AxlisOld.

How is GoHastings? I always see pretty good deals on there but I'm always afraid they're gonna be former rentals to dipshits who don't know how to care for a disc or don't care.

Ali

Edited by AxlisOld

I've gotten around at least 20 movies from them and only 2 weren't as expected. The one had a case that was a little messed up but nothing to really fuss about, and the other one I did receive a rental version as opposed to an actual used copy like I should have gotten but they refunded me the money for it so I got it for free.

I'd definitely recommend them, honestly, especially with deals like this. You can get some great prices.