3 1/2 years after CD was released, how do you rate the songs? (1 to 10 scale)

Madridista

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

i like that you can be honest about axl's non-hall of fame music sucking.

CD contains the best (There Was A Time) and worst (This I Love, If The World) songs in the GN'R catalogue

Bahahahaha

Yeah, that made me smile as well. If it weren't for that I've some of read his posts before, I would have thought that it was a sarcastic comment.

Chinese Democracy 1.5/10

Shackler's Revenge 1/10

Better 2/10

Street of Dreams 1/10

If the world 1/10

There was a time 1.5/10

Catcher in the rey 1/10

Scraped 1/10

Riad N the Bedouins 1/10

Sorry 1/10

IRS 2/10

Madagascar 1.5/10

This I love 1/10

Prostitute 1/10

:lol:

Chinese Democracy 1.5/10

Shackler's Revenge 1/10

Better 2/10

Street of Dreams 1/10

If the world 1/10

There was a time 1.5/10

Catcher in the rey 1/10

Scraped 1/10

Riad N the Bedouins 1/10

Sorry 1/10

IRS 2/10

Madagascar 1.5/10

This I love 1/10

Prostitute 1/10

:lol:

yeah I dont know what the fuck it is but the only 2 people with dizzy in their usernames gave CD bad scores :lol:

CD - 7/10

Shacler's Revenge - 6/10

Better - 6/10

Street of Dreams - 3/10

If The World - 2/10

Catcher in the Rye - 7/10

There Was a Time - 9/10

Scraped - 6/10

Riad N' The Bedouins - 6/10

Sorry - 2/10

IRS - 7/10

Madagascar - 6/10

This I Love - 5/10

Prostitute - 6/10

CD contains the best (There Was A Time) and worst (This I Love, If The World) songs in the GN'R catalogue

Bahahahaha

Yeah, that made me smile as well. If it weren't for that I've some of read his posts before, I would have thought that it was a sarcastic comment.

It has to be bait or a cupcake attempt. Even if going by the category of "top epics" it still isn't the best in that category.

Edited by Rustycage

Bahahahaha

It has to be bait or a cupcake attempt. Even if going by the category of "top epics" it still isn't the best in that category.

I think a huge number of inter-member issues would be resolved on this forum if instead of best and worst, people would say "favorite" amd "least favorite".

Chinese Democracy 5/10

Shackler's Revenge 8/10

Better 8/10

Street of Dreams 9/10

If the world 6/10

There was a time 6/10

Catcher in the rye 9/10

Scraped 7/10

Riad N the Bedouins 4/10

Sorry 7/10

IRS 5/10

Madagascar 4/10

This I love 9/10

Prostitute 8/10

I'll consider the GnR universe, which means I'll use the classic songs as a parameter (for example, Estranged and Rocket Queen are a 10).

Chinese Democracy - 4/10

Shackler's Revenge - 1/10

Better - 5/10

Street of Dreams - 4/10

If the World - 0/10

There Was a Time - 2/10 (I don't know why people like this shit. Axl isn't a heavy metal singer. This is a song for a Brave New World's Bruce Dickinson to sing.)

Catcher in the Rye - 2/10

Scraped - 0/10

Riad n' the Bedouins - 1/10

Sorry - 0/10

IRS - 1/10

Madagascar - 3/10

This I Love - 0/10

Prostitute - 3/10

Edited by GHS

CD-7

SR-0

Better-8

SOD-4

ITW-7

TWAT-7

CITR-8

Scraped-0

RnB-0

Sorry-0

IRS-6

Mad-9

TIL-0

Prostitute-1

I really hoped I would like this album but I was really disappointed with most songs on it especially if u came in thinking it might have a guns sound to it(like me lol) Still tho the good songs here kinda blow the shit out of most rock bands today.

Edited by MEXzilla

Wow. Your average is 5.714 and mine is 5.785. Doesn't get much closer than that. The only thing is, I think my posts are indicative of my rating of Chi Dem. Sometimes positive, sometimes negative, not quite content with the band but interested. You're first to jump to Axl's defense and nu guns defense yet you don't hardly like Chi Dem? That's sort of... odd? Don't you think? You must have more faith in this new band than you had in Bucket and Robin or something.

Why should my posts on the politics of GN'R, their short and long term strategies, the band's current management, current and future members, past accomplishments, the decision to continue with the name, the current situation, etc, in any way be a reflection of my thoughts on Chinese Democracy? These are two completely different things.

Even if I liked Chinese Democracy more or less than I do, it wouldn't make me hate or love the current management more, make me more or less in favour of past members who have nothing to do with that record, approve or disapprove long and short term strategies more, etc. These are unrelated things.

I believe I am quite misunderstood by many here. As I've said multiple times -- but no one seems to get it -- there are many things I think is wrong with the current band and lots to criticise about the band's actions in the past. But here's the thing with my postings: I rarely chime in to just agree with something someone else has said. I almost only post when I disagree with what someone has said. Not because I like being contrary per se, but because there is no value in echoes and redundant arguments. I want to add something, not copy something, hence I try to only post when I can present a conflicting opinion which will add something new to the discussion. People who post "+ 1" or "I agree" don't add anything but noise, really. It is not interesting at all to hear how many people agree on something, because truth is not found by consensus, but by arguments that are so strong that they survive regardless of how many present them.

The question is, why don't I disagree more with those who believe everything is okay in the world of GN'R? Mostly because such posts are extremely rare, I much more frequently come across negative posts that I disagree with. After all, I voted an 8 on my satisfaction level. And I also have a soft spot for people who love and support, in contrast to people who hate and destroy.

I definitely get this response. It was more of an observation anyhow. It just seemed... odd is the wrong word because I'm not trying to insult you, but peculiar that in my mind you're one of the first who would jump to defend Axl in many circumstances. Basically, I don't see many if any posts by you about how you don't like Chinese Democracy that much, what you would have preferred, shit like "I hope they go in a different direction CD wasn't really for me" and such.

I don't know!

Also, it's good to post positive shit and agree with people you usually disagree with every so often just not to come across like a dick, not that you do, but sometimes I go out of my way to agree with someone like Volcano who I typically disagree with. Shout outs to Volcano. I agree that posting "I agree" and "+1" is less than pointless.

What are we talking about again?

Right. Chinese Democracy - I like some songs more, some songs less than when it came out. I listen to it less now than before and certain songs I did like I don't like now but as discussed in other threads Shacklers has really pulled ahead from where it started with me. Even the solo. IRS has really fallen back I listened to that shit constantly in 2006-2007 or whatever.

Chinese Democracy 7/10

Shackler's Revenge 8/10

Better 8/10

Street of Dreams 7/10

If the world 7/10

There was a time 10/10

Catcher in the rey 7/10

Scraped 6/10

Riad N the Bedouins 5/10

Sorry 8/10

IRS 7/10

Madagascar 8/10

This I love 9/10

Prostitute 10/10

Chinese Democracy- 7/10

Shackler's Revenge- 7/10

Better- 8.5/10

Street Of Dreams- 6/10

If The World- 5/10

There Was A Time- 9/10

Catcher In The Rye- 9/10

Scraped- 6/10

Riad & The Bedouins- 8/10

Sorry- 8/10

IRS- 6.5/10

Madagascar- 7/10

This I Love- 9.5/10

Prostitute- 9.5/10

Avg. Score: 7.6/10 (approx.)

Overall Album Rating: 3rd behind UYI II and AFD*

*That said the "high" points on CD for me (i.e. "TWAT", "CITR", "TIL" and "Prostitute") represent some of Axl's/GN'R's best work to date IMHO. "TIL" and "Prostitute" in particular are right there with "Estranged" and "YCBM" for me as my all-time favorite GN'R tracks...

FWIW- it took me at least 2 years to really get into "There Was A Time" and "CITR". As you can see from my rankings that portion of the album was real "fly-over" country for me early on until I finally started to appreciate the utter brilliance (IMHO) of those two tracks...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

Bahahahaha

I think a huge number of inter-member issues would be resolved on this forum if instead of best and worst, people would say "favorite" amd "least favorite".

I did write "in my opinion":

CD contains the best (There Was A Time) and worst (This I Love, If The World) songs in the GN'R catalogue, in my opinion. Hopefully the next record will be more skewed towards my preferences. If so, the next record can rival UYIs and perhaps even AFD. And that is a good enough reason for me to support the band.
Edited by SoulMonster

these lists suck... way too many numbers

there should be a new thread in only 1 categorie: 1. songs I'm glad were made, and all the rest you just dont mention - songs I wouldn't miss if they weren't made(hypothetically)

CD:

glad: SR, Better, ITW, TWAT, Sorry, IRS, Madagascar, TIL, Prostitute 9/14

TSI:

SIDHY, DOTF, BM, HOTD, BL 5/13

UYI 2:

CW, 14Y, Yesterdays, KOHD, Breakdown, PTU, Locomotive, Estranged, YCBM, DC 10/14

UYI 1: RNDTH, DNB, LALD, DC, PC, BOB, DTJ, NR, DDM, Coma 10/16

LIES: RL, MTTC, MK, P, UTLH, YC, OIAM 7/8

AFD: WTTJ, ISE, Nightrain, OTGM, MrB, PC, SCOM, AG, RQ 9/12

from this perspective CD isn't much different than previous albums

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

these lists suck... way too many numbers

there should be a new thread in only 1 categorie: 1. songs I'm glad were made, and all the rest you just dont mention - songs I wouldn't miss if they weren't made(hypothetically)

CD:

glad: SR, Better, ITW, TWAT, Sorry, IRS, Madagascar, TIL, Prostitute 9/14

TSI:

SIDHY, DOTF, BM, HOTD, BL 5/13

UYI 2:

CW, 14Y, Yesterdays, KOHD, Breakdown, PTU, Locomotive, Estranged, YCBM, DC 10/14

UYI 1: RNDTH, DNB, LALD, DC, PC, BOB, DTJ, NR, DDM, Coma 10/16

LIES: RL, MTTC, MK, P, UTLH, YC, OIAM 7/8

AFD: WTTJ, ISE, Nightrain, OTGM, MrB, PC, SCOM, AG, RQ 9/12

from this perspective CD isn't much different than previous albums

If I'd do that, here's my list:

Appetite For Destruction: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me, Mr Brownstone, Paradise City, My Michelle, Think About You, Sweet Child O' Mine, Rocket Queen. 10/12

GNR Lies/Live Like A Suicide: Reckless Life, Nice Boys, Move To The City, Mama Kin, Patience, Used To Love Her, You're Crazy, One In A Million. 8/8

Use Your Illusion I: Right Next Door To Hell, Dust N' Bones, Don't Cry, Perfect Crime, You Ain't The First, Bad Obsession, Back Off Bitch, Double Talkin' Jive, November Rain, The Garden, Garden Of Eden, Don't Damn Me, Bad Apples, Dead Horse, Coma. 15/16

Use Your Illusion II: Civil War, 14 Years, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, So Fine, Estranged, You Could Be Mine, Don't Cry (Alt. Lyrics). 8/14

The Spaghetti Incident: New Rose, Down On The Farm, Human Being, Raw Power, Ain't It Fun, Buick Makane, Attitude, Black Leather, You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory. 9/12

Chinese Democracy: Better, Street Of Dreams, Sorry, Madagascar, This I Love. 5/14

All and all, I'd rank the albums like this:

1. Use Your Illusion I

2. Appetite For Destruction

3. GNR Lies

4. Use Your Illusion II

5. The Spaghetti Incident

6. Chinese Democracy

UYI I got many really bad songs, but also some of their very best, which is why it's ranked higher than TSI.

Chinese Democracy - 7/10

Shacler's Revenge - 5/10

Better - 6/10

Street of Dreams - 8/10

If The World - 1/10

Catcher in the Rye - 7/10

There Was a Time - 4/10

Scraped - 4/10

Riad N' The Bedouins - 4/10

Sorry - 2/10

IRS - 4/10

Madagascar - 7/10

This I Love - 1/10

Prostitute - 7/10

Average: 47.8

Chinese Democracy 10/10

Shackler's Revenge 9/10

Better 11/10

Street of Dreams 11/10

If the world 9/10

There was a time 10/10

Catcher in the rey 10/10

Scraped 9/10

Riad N the Bedouins 7/10

Sorry 11/10

IRS 10/10

Madagascar 9/10

This I love 7/10

Prostitute 11/10

I don't get it. The scale is 1 through 10.......so what is the purpose of ranking something an 11? So does that mean other's ratings of 10s really mean we don't think those are the best possible songs, since we didn't score them as an 11?