3 1/2 years after CD was released, how do you rate the songs? (1 to 10 scale)

Madridista

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

i can't believe people still listen to the album. i put it on twice, but never managed to get through the whole thing in one listen. such a looooooong, sulky time. it's like listening to heavy tori amos to me. only it hurts more, because i hear axl's voice and keep expecting something cool to happen.

It's actually very similar to me, although I imagine that I've heard it way more than you due to that I like a few songs on it and I've heard them on their own quite many times. I've not heard a song like Shackler's more than maybe two or three times though.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chinese Democracy 8/10

Shackler's Revenge 9/10

Better 6/10

Street of Dreams 7/10

If the world 5/10

There was a time 4/10

Catcher in the rye 5/10

Scraped 6/10

Riad N the Bedouins 5/10

Sorry 6/10

IRS 5/10

Madagascar 5/10

This I love 8/10

Prostitute 5/10

Chinese Democracy- 6/10

Shacklers Revenge- 8/10

Better- 8/10

Street of Dreams- 7/10

If The World- 4/10

There Was A Time- 9/10

Catcher in The Rye- 5/10

Scraped- 5/10

Riad in The Bedouins- 7/10

Sorry- 8/10

I.R.S- 9/10

Madagascar- 10/10

This I Love- 8/10

Prostitute-4/10

For me it's gotta be:

Chinese Democracy 8/10

Shackler's Revenge 8/10

Better 6/10

Street of Dreams 7/10

If the world 7/10

There was a time 9/10

Catcher in the rye 6/10 (Ugh the solo, why was May's version cutted) :nervous:

Scraped 9/10

Riad N the Bedouins 1/10

Sorry 8/10

IRS 3/10

Madagascar 9/10

This I love 8/10

Prostitute 10/10

So for me the real home run of the album is Prostitute... Up there with the best and most important songs ever (for me), should be a live regular. I also love There was a time, Madagascar and Scraped. CD, Scheklers, Sorry and This I Love are always good and never bore me. I'm on the fence on If the world and The Blues (the original and the better name and the first RIR version was the best imo). The ones I dont like are Catcher, Rhiayaadd and IRS - almost always skip them.

also median is often more accurate than aritmethic middle

Accurate is not the word I'd use, but I get your point and you're right, in some cases it paints a more useful picture. With large samples the median and the mean tend to converge unless there's a systemic bias. Here the bias comes from a number of posters who gave disproportionately small marks. At the other end there were few eyebrow raising ratings, so so much for the notion that there are brainwashed fanboys who lick Axl's ass unconditionally. I guess the 'haters' are more irrational than the 'nutters'.

I still have the spreadsheet, it'll just take a few seconds. I'll add the last few posts too.

lFU8n.jpg

The median is higher for all but two songs where it approximately equal.

Mean is always most affected by outliers. In fact when you find the mean is the lowest of the three averages (mean, median, mode) it suggests that the data is negatively skewed i.e. cupcakes are distorting the data. The mean is probably therefore a poor way to analyse the data. It'd be useful to actually find the standard deviation of each song and then remove any results that are more than 2 standard deviations away from the mean.

Mean is always most affected by outliers. In fact when you find the mean is the lowest of the three averages (mean, median, mode) it suggests that the data is negatively skewed i.e. cupcakes are distorting the data. The mean is probably therefore a poor way to analyse the data. It'd be useful to actually find the standard deviation of each song and then remove any results that are more than 2 standard deviations away from the mean.

Took me SO FUCKING LONG to do this, but I finally managed. Excel functions can be so annoying sometimes. Who would've thought that AVERAGEIF doesn't work with generated cells but COUNTIF does?

Anyway, here it is. "Restricted mean" is the mean for the values within 2 standard deviations, and "Very restricted mean" is for values within 1 standard deviation, of the mean.

baaVD.jpg

1-cd-10/10

2-shacklers-7/10

3-better-9/10

4-sod-7/10

5-itw-4/10

6-twat-10/10

7-catcher-6/10

8-scraped-5/10

9-riad-3/10

10-sorry-6/10

11-irs-10/10

12-madagascar-10/10

13-this i love-5/10

14-prostitute-10/10

Ok, so I've been exclusively listening to CD for the past couple of days and I'm getting more and more into it. I don't know if it's that I'm getting used to it or if I'm listening to it without a judgmental attitude. Either way, I've discovered that I like more songs than I thought.

I just wanted to ask you, how do you rate the songs on CD today, 3 1/2 after it was released, on a 1 to 10 scale?

Chinese Democracy 7/10

Shackler's Revenge 7/10

Better 7/10

Street of Dreams 7/10

If the world 6/10

There was a time 3/10

Catcher in the rey 7/10

Scraped 4/10

Riad N the Bedouins 4/10

Sorry 7/10

IRS 6/10

Madagascar 6/10

This I love 7/10

Prostitute 6/10

CD - 9

Shacklers - 5 (its kinda cool but i don't really like this song)

Better - 9.5 (nintendo shredding ruins this one from getting a 10)

SoD - 10

ITW - 2

TWAT - 10

Catcher - 10

Scraped - 7

Riad - 7

Sorry - 10

IRS - 9

Mad.- 8

TIL - 12 :-)

Prostitute - 12 :-)

Chinese Democracy - 9,5

Shackler's Revenge - 8

Better - 10

Street of Dreams - 7,5 (demo - 9)

If The World - 10 (!!!)

There Was A Time - 10

Catcher In The Rye - 8,5 (demo - 10)

Scraped - 7

Rhiad N' The Beduins - 7 (live - 9,5)

Sorry - 10

IRS - 10

Madagascar - 9

This I Love - 8

Prostitute - 10

DizzyReedsexmachine - avg. - 1.25 :thumbsup:

pretty low, i thought your dizzy honey is on the album? you don't like what your honey wrote and played? :blink::lol:

Chinese Democracy 8/10

Shackler's Revenge 9/10

Better 10/10

Street of Dreams 9/10

If The World 8/10

There was a Time 10/10

Catcher in the Rye 10/10

Scraped 7/10

Rhiad 8/10

Sorry 8/10

IRS 6/10

Madagascar 7/10