Landmark moments in life

i'm sharing with this community, two moments as of recently that- i'm sure when i die, if the whole thing about "your life flashes before your eyes" is true, then these two will stick out. Been a member here for several years now, read forum every day (but don't post a ton; still up on everything & everyone, though), and would like to pass on two things in a place full of people i consider mainstays.

1) Buying my dream car:

SL500, Benz. No, it's not a ferrari or lambo or anything, but since I've been a young tyke, that 4th gen SL has always been a car I've lusted over. Took a Tony Robbins approach and made it a goal. Worked ass off saving, making commissions at job, breaking rules, researching, etc. Busted ass like fuck, and bought it. It's was a 98 with low mileage (71K) and very well maintained. Bought it 4 weeks ago. Will never forget driving it off the lot... It is the essence of "90s" and represents everything from my early age that I loved dearly (use your illusions, anna nicole smith (RIP), LA, etc. etc. etc.). Brought with me my favorite cigar to smoke on the ride back from Philadelphia to Boston. Buying your dream car man... Feels good...

2) Kissing the chick I've been after for a long time now:

Head-over-heels in love with this chick... This happened tonight. Both drunk, don't care. At end of night, walking her to her car (her friend was driving her home)... Go in to hug her; she grabs my face and we lock lips for a few seconds.

I'm leaving, and head is just like, on another planet. Feeling of weightlessness in every step. Buzzing like crazy... Walk past club we were at where there's a million smoking-hot chicks outside- don't give a fuck about any of them. Felt fucking good, man... If I had known when I woke up this morning that I would have 1) been hanging out with this chick in my hometown at all, and 2) kissing her, I would have thought I was crazy.

I don't know... I'm still kinda drunk. If I were to crash my car and die tomorrow, or if nothing ever ends up happening with this girl, I'd die a happy guy. The plan, however, is to finish my sleeve tat in the morning.

I've had a period of time (approximately 7 years) where I was pretty heavily depressed and life was just generally dark and sad. Then I got sick of that and committed to put some effort forth to change shit. Discovered the fitness lifestyle and became hooked. Started going out and meeting new people, forming relationships and stuff... Just pretty much "going for it." I think my point is that life can be good if you just try a little.

(drove home with Better playing. Cloud 9 the entire time).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then when you try to elaborate on the kiss she'll say that she was drunk and she doesn't want to ruin your great friendship, that's what they all do, then you cut off all contact with people for 3 days and get drunk off your ass. At least, I heard people do that...

i'm sharing with this community, two moments as of recently that- i'm sure when i die, if the whole thing about "your life flashes before your eyes" is true, then these two will stick out. Been a member here for several years now, read forum every day (but don't post a ton; still up on everything & everyone, though), and would like to pass on two things in a place full of people i consider mainstays.

1) Buying my dream car:

SL500, Benz. No, it's not a ferrari or lambo or anything, but since I've been a young tyke, that 4th gen SL has always been a car I've lusted over. Took a Tony Robbins approach and made it a goal. Worked ass off saving, making commissions at job, breaking rules, researching, etc. Busted ass like fuck, and bought it. It's was a 98 with low mileage (71K) and very well maintained. Bought it 4 weeks ago. Will never forget driving it off the lot... It is the essence of "90s" and represents everything from my early age that I loved dearly (use your illusions, anna nicole smith (RIP), LA, etc. etc. etc.). Brought with me my favorite cigar to smoke on the ride back from Philadelphia to Boston. Buying your dream car man... Feels good...

2) Kissing the chick I've been after for a long time now:

Head-over-heels in love with this chick... This happened tonight. Both drunk, don't care. At end of night, walking her to her car (her friend was driving her home)... Go in to hug her; she grabs my face and we lock lips for a few seconds.

I'm leaving, and head is just like, on another planet. Feeling of weightlessness in every step. Buzzing like crazy... Walk past club we were at where there's a million smoking-hot chicks outside- don't give a fuck about any of them. Felt fucking good, man... If I had known when I woke up this morning that I would have 1) been hanging out with this chick in my hometown at all, and 2) kissing her, I would have thought I was crazy.

I don't know... I'm still kinda drunk. If I were to crash my car and die tomorrow, or if nothing ever ends up happening with this girl, I'd die a happy guy. The plan, however, is to finish my sleeve tat in the morning.

I've had a period of time (approximately 7 years) where I was pretty heavily depressed and life was just generally dark and sad. Then I got sick of that and committed to put some effort forth to change shit. Discovered the fitness lifestyle and became hooked. Started going out and meeting new people, forming relationships and stuff... Just pretty much "going for it." I think my point is that life can be good if you just try a little.

(drove home with Better playing. Cloud 9 the entire time).

Yeah congrats, that's awesome. Will be cool if she wakes up this morning and remembers what happened and wants to pursue it, but like you said you're already playing with house money. And I'm glad you mentioned fitness/effort, it really is true. Excercise is a great way to elevate serotonin, which helps people feel good physically and mentally.

And I have to add that is the BEST drunk typing I have ever seen, spelling and punctuation is near perfect. No way I'd be able to write that well drunk or even buzzed :D

And then when you try to elaborate on the kiss she'll say that she was drunk and she doesn't want to ruin your great friendship, that's what they all do, then you cut off all contact with people for 3 days and get drunk off your ass. At least, I heard people do that...

If you got rid of that last sentence, it would be a very arnold layne-esque post.

If you got rid of that last sentence, it would be a very arnold layne-esque post.

He's fucking right though. That's exactly what I was going to post. Last night I had drunken sex with this girl I've been best friends with for well over a year. It was in no way shocking when today she completely avoided me and bailed on our plans. We will have a talk in a couple of days, she will say it was a mistake, and then we are going to hold a grudge against each other from now on. The women that do this kind of thing are fucking stupid.

He's fucking right though. That's exactly what I was going to post. Last night I had drunken sex with this girl I've been best friends with for well over a year. It was in no way shocking when today she completely avoided me and bailed on our plans. We will have a talk in a couple of days, she will say it was a mistake, and then we are going to hold a grudge against each other from now on. The women that do this kind of thing are fucking stupid.

and you're not stupid having drunken sex with a "best friend" ? dry.gif

Congrats! Hopefully something with your girl escalates to something bigger! Good luck. ;)

thanks very much, Chloe :)

Fuck the car, you macked the fit bird. Seems way more worth it.

Haha thanks, but I don't know though: the worst the car could probably do to me is like, require maintenance or something. only thing i stand to lose is money; not heartache, lol. but thank you man.

Agreed--- which is why I didn't bring anything up today other than "ha, get home okay?" to which a small exchange of text messages ensued. Truly, if nothing were to happen, I would at least felt like I accomplished SOMETHING with this chick. But the days of feeling like another human being is the be-all-and-end-all in my life, are long since over haha.

Glad you got to kiss the girl & I hope that something eventuates with this. :thumbsup:

However you say you are drunk? I hope you didn't drive while drunk :thumbsdown:

No, no, really wasn't like, "drunk" drunk... and my drive was literally like 3 streets over from where I live. Was no nearly zero risk of any harm. But I know. I was wrong to have driven in any form of inebriation. :(

Sounds like you found your personal power.

Despite our disagreement over the existence of that there good Lord (which, btw, if you notice: i've never actually made a point to disagree with you on such a subject, cuz i don'cupcake that way), I'm a fan of you more & more every day hahaha. Your personal power reference makes me wonder if you're similar to me on the inside: stuck in the 90s... (still loving NWA as much today as yesteryear is sometimes a sign)

Jaguar, something beautiful you can truly own.

True. Older brother and boss drive Jags. Agreed. Beautiful rides.

Yeah congrats, that's awesome. Will be cool if she wakes up this morning and remembers what happened and wants to pursue it, but like you said you're already playing with house money. And I'm glad you mentioned fitness/effort, it really is true. Excercise is a great way to elevate serotonin, which helps people feel good physically and mentally.

And I have to add that is the BEST drunk typing I have ever seen, spelling and punctuation is near perfect. No way I'd be able to write that well drunk or even buzzed :D

Thank you man, on all of that. Genuinely mean it.

The correct spelling is Zuul, not Zool.

I know. Was pissed when I found that out after I made this username haha.

Good stuff, man.

Good stuff.

fuck... you were inb4 my response. Thank you very much, sir. Would shake hand if I could.

Edited by there is no dana only zool

So glad we didn't have text messaging when I was dating. People actually spoke to each other :P

If she is responding as a friend that's a good sign, stay friends & see what happens. Hope it works out the way you want it to. :wub:

Maybe see her when you haven't been drinking, after all there's nothing worse than beer breath. -_-

Hope you are remaining in that afterglow of her making the first move - it's such a nice feeling.

Edited by rock4eva

Guest Broskirose

she hates you and you suck and you're gay and your car is shit and i hope you catch her fucking your best friend tomorrow.

Guest Len B'stard

Well played man. On the SL though, you wanna get one of the older ones man, they're like fuckin classic cars now, the ones from the early 80s, late 70s, they look the fuckin' business too.

But yeah, well done man...treat her right, won'tcha? :) (the bird i mean, not the fuckin motor...well, both really but bird primarily :lol: if it's ever bird vs motor, pick the bird, picking the motor never goes well :lol:)

Edited by sugaraylen