Will Dj write a hit for GNR?

wasted

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same thing really. I think there's songs on CD that could be hits as much as Jungle or PC. There's nothing really commercial about those songs. I just think Dj has the knack or style to have a hit song. Nothing to do with what we want or like.

I hope he helps write some stuff on a future record for sure, interested to see what they each bring to the table :thumbsup:

gunsguy, that would be cool. but we don't know if anything dj ashba will bring 2 the table. what do we know? we know dj ashba plays at guns n roses concerts world wide. we don't know anything more about dj ashba with guns n roses

RNRS -

You flat out said Axl can't write hits and nothing from Chinese was a hit.

My point was that Chinese had two hits in the US.

You were wrong.

There is no personal vendetta involved. You've already admitted now that Chinese did have hits despite originally saying it didn't. You shifted your argument to complaining about how hits are compiled.

Lazy lazy lazy posting.

Pi2Loc -

If you think that was me getting owned, you either don't know what words mean or you are a semi-functioning survivor of severe brain trauma. Those are the only things I can think of that would explain how you would think I'm being owned when someone says Chinese had no hits and then are proven wrong.

You should bet them both $10,000 as to who is right.

Anyway, which songs would you say were hits off of CD?

And what is your definition of a hit? Any song that makes any billboard chart? Does it have to make the actual top 40 songs of the week, and stay there for a few weeks?

How high and how many weeks on the main chart and on a side chart?

RNRS -

You flat out said Axl can't write hits and nothing from Chinese was a hit.

My point was that Chinese had two hits in the US.

You were wrong.

There is no personal vendetta involved. You've already admitted now that Chinese did have hits despite originally saying it didn't. You shifted your argument to complaining about how hits are compiled.

Lazy lazy lazy posting.

Pi2Loc -

If you think that was me getting owned, you either don't know what words mean or you are a semi-functioning survivor of severe brain trauma. Those are the only things I can think of that would explain how you would think I'm being owned when someone says Chinese had no hits and then are proven wrong.

You should bet them both $10,000 as to who is right.

Anyway, which songs would you say were hits off of CD?

And what is your definition of a hit? Any song that makes any billboard chart? Does it have to make the actual top 40 songs of the week, and stay there for a few weeks?

How high and how many weeks on the main chart and on a side chart?

i'll jump in and say the hits off CD are better, if the world, twat, TIL, and prostitute

definition of hit has to debut #1 and stay there a long time

many weeks on main and side charts at #1i

Baz said he heard the new Axl n Dj song and it rocked? or was that fake rumor.

no, it's true. " it was dark and heavy and very cool - Bach then told the reporter"If Axls not going to release I want to release it with my band!, its so damn good!""

http://www.swedenroc....cfm?pg=20&pr=0

sounds good :thumbsup:

That was the quote I was thinking of. I went almost unnoticed while they were touring.

I think GNR would take a top 20 single on the billboard charts.

I think Better, ITW, TIL, Sorry could have been hits with videos.

no, it's true. " it was dark and heavy and very cool - Bach then told the reporter"If Axls not going to release I want to release it with my band!, its so damn good!""

That was the quote I was thinking of. I went almost unnoticed while they were touring.

i think so as well the problem is the market for rock now is pretty shallow, i hope it would be a kickass hard rock song that people cant ignore that puts them up their and not some kind of nickelback pop paint by numbers song(which i dont think axl would let happen IMO)

We're talking the Billboard Hot 100? No chance. Not even Linkin Park or Foo Fighters could do that.

There is NO room for a rock song in the top 20 on that chart today.

We're talking the Billboard Hot 100? No chance. Not even Linkin Park or Foo Fighters could do that.

chinese democracy hit #34 so it is doable and better hit #3 on the billboard 100 mainstream rock charts so i think it could be done IMO

chinese democracy hit #34 so it is doable and better hit #3 on the billboard 100 mainstream rock charts so i think it could be done IMO

In 2008, it was certainly doable.

For better reference, the most recent RHCP lead single hit 38 on that chart (August 2011). That actually gives me more hope. Still, as time goes on rock is seen lower and lower on that chart and I think GNR getting in the top 30 would be AMAZING.

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

In 2008, it was certainly doable.

For better reference, the most recent RHCP lead single hit 38 on that chart (August 2011). That actually gives me more hope. Still, as time goes on rock is seen lower and lower on that chart and I think GNR getting in the top 30 would be AMAZING.

yeah i agree with you the market for rock is just pretty much dried up, but everything goes in cycles and we never know when something comes out and puts rock back on the map

Guest Gunns

I'll give DJ the benefit of the doubt and wait until he releases a song before critiquing him too much. In saying that, I am optomistic that he will write something decent with GnR, Axl tends to bring out the best in all the musicians he's worked with. If not, then I'll be more than satisfied with whatever album Axl releases as long as it features Finck, Bucket and even Ron (no rerecords though).