Beats by Dr Dre

Coma16

They break easy but with that said I've had them the longest. Good bass.

And fuck off if you're all going to argue sound quality with me. I don't care. I think they're pretty good.

Yeah, in all honesty, I could care less about quality of headphones; earbuds are fine with me. The home theater stuff is what I focus on.

My KOSS Pro Series 4AAs:

headphones.jpg

i got something very similar to that for my stereo i dont give a fuck but those old school headphones are the shit especially when listening to back in black or ozzys speak of the devil on vinyl

mine look like this

4684722997_d204f665a8_b.jpg

My KOSS Pro Series 4AAs:

headphones.jpg

i got something very similar to that for my stereo i dont give a fuck but those old school headphones are the shit especially when listening to back in black or ozzys speak of the devil on vinyl

mine look like this

4684722997_d204f665a8_b.jpg

Exactly. They're solid, sturdy and help me do my job. Works for me.

Otherwise, I just use earbuds for my iPod while I'm exercising.

i had my pair for about 10 years now my dad bought me a nice 70s stereo for my birthday one year, it came with a record player, cassette deck and those headphones. i then myself found a 24 disk cd changer that someone was selling at a flea market for 5 dollars they said they didnt know if it worked or not it worked great with my stereo matched the color and everything, the flea market down the road where i live still sells needles for record players so thats cool

those headphones are just sturdy they dont break for nothing lol

Monster is actually a VERY GOOD brand in everything it does. Beats is like it's trendy-cool line. Get the turbine pro if you have the money, it's worth every penny. If you're a sports guy, get the submersion one. It's great too. Better than the BOSE I used to own.

I had a pair of Bose that were great but very cheaply made. They snapped in half after a year.

Same thing here. The earphone broke by itself, something you would expect from a $50 one.

Interesting. I had some over-ear Beats By Dre and they snapped in less than a month. I've had a Bose set for more than a year and a half and they're still in great condition.

I did enjoy those Beats By Dre, for the record.

Motherfuckers don't know about my AKGs...

This.

Check out Audio-Technica or AKG... both really good brands that offer great sound at reasonable prices.

The Dre beats aren't TERRIBLE by any means; they're a good sounding headphone - but they are HIDEOUSLY overpriced and for that kind of money, you can actually start pushing for serious, audiophile-quality headphones that will give you great sound! The point is that you can do a lot better.

I used to sell Bose products when I was a teenager in retail and same deal as the dre beats... they sound OK, but there are some seriously great phones out there for that kind of money.

Monster is actually a VERY GOOD brand in everything it does. Beats is like it's trendy-cool line. Get the turbine pro if you have the money, it's worth every penny. If you're a sports guy, get the submersion one. It's great too. Better than the BOSE I used to own.

I had a pair of Bose that were great but very cheaply made. They snapped in half after a year.

Same thing here. The earphone broke by itself, something you would expect from a $50 one.

Interesting. I had some over-ear Beats By Dre and they snapped in less than a month. I've had a Bose set for more than a year and a half and they're still in great condition.

It's not like I didn't take care of them or anything. I ALWAYS put them back in the case when I wasn't on the air. Then one day, they just snapped.

The cord really wasn't as long as I would have liked/needed anyway.

I LOVE the KOSS ones that I have now. I've had them for two years now. They're tanks.

Motherfuckers don't know about my AKGs...

This.

Check out Audio-Technica or AKG... both really good brands that offer great sound at reasonable prices.

The Dre beats aren't TERRIBLE by any means; they're a good sounding headphone - but they are HIDEOUSLY overpriced and for that kind of money, you can actually start pushing for serious, audiophile-quality headphones that will give you great sound! The point is that you can do a lot better.

I used to sell Bose products when I was a teenager in retail and same deal as the dre beats... they sound OK, but there are some seriously great phones out there for that kind of money.

The beats are overpriced, but it's because they're the first mainstream high end headphones that don't look like medical equipment, as jimmy iovine likes to stress. They're designer headphones more than anything. Like buying a louis vitton purse, you can absolutely get a better value, but it won't be as pretty and it won't say louis vitton on it. You can get better sound quality for the price of a pair of beats, but they won't be as pretty and they won't say "beats by dre".

I can't believe that only one person here acknowledged AKG. They are by far my favorite headphones brand. No bass boost, no "making songs sound better" shit. Just CRYSTAL CLEAR sound.

High fidelity is all that I care for. I want to hear the song the way the artist intended, not how Dre thinks everything should sound. Never found any headphones that do that better than AKG.

The beats are overpriced, but it's because they're the first mainstream high end headphones that don't look like medical equipment, as jimmy iovine likes to stress. They're designer headphones more than anything. Like buying a louis vitton purse, you can absolutely get a better value, but it won't be as pretty and it won't say louis vitton on it. You can get better sound quality for the price of a pair of beats, but they won't be as pretty and they won't say "beats by dre".

Yeah, I guess I'll never really understand that way of thinking when it comes to audio. -_-

I can't believe that only one person here acknowledged AKG. They are by far my favorite headphones brand. No bass boost, no "making songs sound better" shit. Just CRYSTAL CLEAR sound.

High fidelity is all that I care for. I want to hear the song the way the artist intended, not how Dre thinks everything should sound. Never found any headphones that do that better than AKG.

This.

I love my AKG's, too. Bought 'em 4 years ago and still enjoy them as much as I did on day 1.

It's not like I didn't take care of them or anything. I ALWAYS put them back in the case when I wasn't on the air. Then one day, they just snapped.

The cord really wasn't as long as I would have liked/needed anyway.

I LOVE the KOSS ones that I have now. I've had them for two years now. They're tanks.

I didn't mean it like that. I took care of the Beats and they still broke...it was just a random thing.

I remember being really pissed because I just got them. If my Bose break, I would definitely consider getting Beats again.

Yeah, I guess I'll never really understand that way of thinking when it comes to audio. -_-

Haha couldn't fault you for that.

Fuck at Best Buy tried to steer me toward Beats and Bose, which told be to focus on the other ones. I came home with a pair of Klipsh for 150, and was very pleased. Review online said they have the goods of headphones twice the price, even though it's their 1st forray into the headphone market.