Do you think/hope Guns will have a stable line-up from now until the band ends.

Graeme

Currently we have the longest-serving stable line-up of the band since it became active again in 2001. As far as the future of the band goes, I really only wish for three things:

New music

More chances to see them live

That this line-up stays together from here on out.

Having seen these guys play four times together, and enjoyed hanging out with them as a group, seeing a little of the day-to-day life they lead and the way they bounce off each other, they've all endeared themselves to me in their own way... I think they're really good for each other and I look forward to seeing what they can come up with creatively (it's just a shame that putting out new music for this band seemingly can't be done in a straightforward manner).

However, a lot of people treat this line-up as though it's as disposable and impermanent as any which have gone before (which, looking at the history of the band is unsurprising)... I just don't think it's reasonable to assume (again, looking at the history of the band) that there's any hope of any previous line-up forming again, and I don't see what's much fun about continuing to wish for members to come and go. I think having a stable line-up certainly lends creedence to their status as a true band against the multitudes of "It's not a band" critics out there.

I don't know

I hope new music from Axl. Whatever that music is.

But i feel Axl only wants this nostalgia thing only.

To be honest: i only "give him" 5-6 years until he retired

Despite the fact that Axl comes across as a lot more mellow now, it seems that he lost the drive and motivation of making the best record(s) possible that would put the new GN'R on a pedestal. Then again, he did say that it was very difficult to release material due to all the lawsuits etc that prevent him doing it in the normal manner, so maybe that is why we haven't gotten more material in the last 13 years? This line up play great together and I think it has the ability to write and record a great album together.

Yes. I'd like to see this line-up stay together, continue to develop their chemistry and write, record AND release new music- even if it ends up being nothing more than AFD's and UYI's for middle aged millionaires...

Other than that- I guess I'd like to see a reunion (however unlikely). I don't think there's much to be gained from further tinkering with "Nu-Guns". That would pretty much be an exercise in futility at this point IMHO. Either go forward with the current line-up OR go back (i.e. reunite Old Guns). Don't "start-over" yet again though...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

Answer to post, No, I dont think, nor do I hope that this lineup is the permanent lineup. It takes a lot to keep a band together. Ron and DJ dont love GNR the way, say, Axl loves Elton or Slash loves the Stones. They just dont get rock n roll.

This lineup is THE lineup. GNR is no more if anyone leaves.

You can't be serious, surely?

Well nobody can play Bumbles parts so whats the point of having an inferior lineup to what you already had?

Replace Bumble with Buckethead and you're repeating posts from 8 years ago.

Well nobody can play Bumbles parts so whats the point of having an inferior lineup to what you already had?

Guthrie Govan can't play Bumble's parts? Paul Gilbert can't play Bumble's parts?

Guthrie Govan can't play Bumble's parts? Paul Gilbert can't play Bumble's parts?

Actually, I'm not so sure about Gilbert & fretless guitar :tongue2:

Actually, I'm not so sure about Gilbert & fretless guitar :tongue2:

Good pick up :) Still a doesn't render Govan as moot though.

Are we talking about the CD stuff here? Cuz a lot of the stuff Bumble is playing is just Bucket's stuff.

Other people can play it for sure. You haven't met every guitar player in the world have you?