Reversed gender roles in society.

arnold layne

With the addition of a female referee into the National Football League next season it got me thinking; have women become the dominant gender?

I have no qualms or issue with this so long as they take responsibility for what they are trying to achieve in feminism. It seems to me that women are offended when they aren't treated as equals, but at the same time they refuse to acknowledge some of the unfavorable gender roles men have and take that as well. For example, it's perfectly fine to challenge the norms in pro sports historically dominated by men, yet asking men out on dates or proposing to men is unusual or perhaps even frowned upon.

Women have become dominant in a sense that they can push the boundaries and use sexism as a driving force for their actions.

If they really want equality they should at least own up to everything and not pick and choose.

This is my two cents, don't take it the wrong way.

Edited by arnold layne

I have asked men out on dates. It was fine.

I know women who play hockey. It does not appear to have weakened men in any way.

I believe that if me and a man are both screwing in lightbulbs, we should probably be paid the same.

I don't think dominance is the case, but equality is perfectly acceptable.

Don't worry, hon, you can't say happiness without saying penis.

Edited by Orsys

Lad I know was getting screamed at by some big tank of an 'orrible butch woman in the pub before. Calling him a male chauvanist pig and saying he should treat women in exactly the same way he would treat a man. Her head hit the floor before her arse did. :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

I don't think they've become the dominant gender but i do think that the media knows where the moneys at and because we're such a media driven society a lot of people, upon face value judgement, tend to settle upon that as a notion, that women are now the dominant gender but they're really not and they won't ever be, least not any time soon.

Most of your TV shows these days are for birds. Masculinity, testosterone, all that stuff is considering a bit corny and a bit of an embarassment unless it's being "ironic" (what on earth that fucking phrase is meant to mean i'll never know) or slightly homoerotic. Most of your TV shows are geared towards women or kids. I mean, when was the last real kinda...dudes TV show, aimed at guys? What Airwolf, Knight Rider, The A Team? I mean you got your sports and your UFC and what have you but i mean aside from all that. There ain't nothing.

Before there used to be Tons like Department S, Bonanza, The Persuaders, Rawhide, whats the name of that big poof with the sideburns? Jason King, thats it, Mission Impossible, all them shows.

Even stuff like The Sopranos, it's basically for birds innit? I mean i ain't seen it extensively, it looks like a pile of shit but from what i can gather it's pretty much a fuckin' soap opera.

But hey, all of this is cool too, it'll be interesting to see where it leads. There ain't no money in masculinity these days.

Edited by sugaraylen

I don't think they have but men clearly have become way wussier than they used to be.

Remember when Tyler Durden says that "We are a generation of men raised by women" and that our dads have bailed on us ?

He was true. Most of us have dads who did a VERY POOR job at teaching us how to be a man so now we have to figure it out on our own.

Guest Len B'stard
He was true. Most of us have dads who did a VERY POOR job at teaching us how to be a man so now we have to figure it out on our own.

Oh leave the poor Dads alone, no ones meant to teach you how to be a man, you're meant to learn as you go along, life ain't a Werthers Original advert, fathers get so much stick these days, Tyler Durden was wrong, we're a generation of men who wanted our fathers to behave like women and put their arms around us and have little talks with us about our feelings, fuck that.

if women want to be treated equal, why is it OPTIONAL for them them to sign up for the draft. It doesn't go both ways. There's reasons men are expected to act a certain way and do things and theres a reason women are supposed to act a certain way and do things. Women are better at taking care of people as a whole and men are better that moving heavy things and more labor intensive stuff, usually anyways. There is always an exception to the rule.

Guest Len B'stard

if women want to be treated equal, why is it OPTIONAL for them them to sign up for the draft. It doesn't go both ways. There's reasons men are expected to act a certain way and do things and theres a reason women are supposed to act a certain way and do things. Women are better at taking care of people as a whole and men are better that moving heavy things and more labor intensive stuff, usually anyways. There is always an exception to the rule.

I'd rather our labour than theirs mate, i dont fancy shitting melons.

Oh leave the poor Dads alone, no ones meant to teach you how to be a man, you're meant to learn as you go along, life ain't a Werthers Original advert, fathers get so much stick these days, Tyler Durden was wrong, we're a generation of men who wanted our fathers to behave like women and put their arms around us and have little talks with us about our feelings, fuck that.

This