The James Bond Thread: RIP Robbie Coltrane

James Bond

Back from the dead. :lol:

Still no news on Bond 24 so MGM can suck my wiener.

Just had to get that off my chest. Time to let the thread die again until we get more news.

Fuck MGM.

Fuck MGM.

Yea. And fuck MGM too.

Would anyone be butthurt if I retitled this "The Fuck MGM Thread" for the time being? :tongue2:

I rewatched Thunderball. It actually isn't boring at all, it's one of the best!

Connery's first four films are awesome, and I think that's kinda indisputable. I still love YOLT and DAF but I realize those are polarizing.

He's finally seen the light.

Connery's first four films are awesome, and I think that's kinda indisputable. I still love YOLT and DAF but I realize those are polarizing.

Right? The only thing boring was the underwater fights. But it is an exciting film.

And Claudine Auger was smoking hot.

Right? The only thing boring was the underwater fights. But it is an exciting film.

QFT

QFT

Claudine and Ursula were the only two Connery Bond girls that did things to me.

The music in Thunderball is awesome too. John Barry was amazing in general.

He really was. It still blows my mind he never got nominated for an Oscar for any of his Bond work.

I also agree with your earlier post - I've been a Thunderball supporter since the first time I saw it. I prefer it to Goldfinger. I can see why some might find the underwater stuff boring, but at the same time I feel like people exaggerate how long those sequences actually are.

He really was. It still blows my mind he never got nominated for an Oscar for any of his Bond work.

I also agree with your earlier post - I've been a Thunderball supporter since the first time I saw it. I prefer it to Goldfinger. I can see why some might find the underwater stuff boring, but at the same time I feel like people exaggerate how long those sequences actually are.

It's because the underwater scenes feel so goddamn long.

True, but even the John Cork documentary has the balls to claim that the underwater sequences take up a third of the film. That'd be like 40 minutes worth. It's not that long. :lol:

That's the criticism I'm criticizing - when people say too much of the film takes place underwater.

Edit: I love the new title.

Edited by James Bond

True, but even the John Cork documentary has the balls to claim that the underwater sequences take up a third of the film. That'd be like 40 minutes worth. It's not that long. :lol:

That's the criticism I'm criticizing - when people say too much of the film takes place underwater.

Fair enough. My gripe with them is just that they drag on too long, even though they total, what - 15 minutes maybe?

Fair enough. My gripe with them is just that they drag on too long, even though they total, what - 15 minutes maybe?

That'd be my guess. 15 - 20 minutes max. My favorite of them is probably Connery in the pool with the shark. I can admit the big underwater battle at the end drags on longer than it should.

Still, much better than the final underwater battle in Never Say Never Again. :P