The James Bond Thread: RIP Robbie Coltrane

James Bond

It's one of the best Bond songs. It has also become one of the best retrospective songs in the series because the title itself sums up Bond so nicely. I really think it would have been a more appropriate song for the Academy Awards instead of hearing Goldfinger for the billionth time.

It's one of the best Bond songs. It has also become one of the best retrospective songs in the series because the title itself sums up Bond so nicely. I really think it would have been a more appropriate song for the Academy Awards instead of hearing Goldfinger for the billionth time.

I think it'd also make for a good wedding song.

So would We Have All The Time In The World. Only 2 Bond songs with that distinction IMO.

So would We Have All The Time In The World. Only 2 Bond songs with that distinction IMO.

Come on, I think Kingston Calypso would be a fantastic wedding song. :lol:

Sadly, as much as the song makes me want to kill myself, I think All Time High would work.

• 2 weeks later...

Knew it was a Miser thread when I saw that it was something that could have gone in an existing thread.And Connery on both counts

"Please don't merge, I want my own thread."

He made this thread before, the poll was merged, the only difference is he said, "please don't merge," this time.

Guest Len B'stard

Sean Connery, by the latter stages of the Moore era he was actually satirising the character so on the strength of that alone really. Connery and Moore made Bond, the images in our head of Bond are actually images of those two, they had star quality, magnetism, the sort of people from that old school class of stars where entire theatres cheered when they came onscreen, without those two Bond movies are a load of shit really. Nobody watched Bond for action sequences or plot or whatever, it was just about them two and thats why without them Bond movies are a load of shit because we simply don't have people with that star quality anymore, just a bunch of people trying to be character actors you need seriously powerful leads to pull off that kind of thing and quite frankly cinema ain't geared that way, which is why Bond is a fuckin' relic that really needs putting down.

Trivia: They were considering the man in my avatar for the Bond role but it never worked out apparently, which is a shame because i think he could've really bought something to the role, he had the most piercing eyes ever, a real simmering feeling of danger surrounding him, the perfect speaking voice for it, better i'd say than any of the Bonds prior to him, was quite burly which would be suitable and more realistic considering Bonds essentially an assassin and the ability to really make action sequences alive and electric.

And birds loved him too, i think it'd've been interesting and he'd've either been the best Bond ever or just a complete fuckin' stinker at it. Broccolli was later quoted as saying he really regretted not hiring Olly for it, despite his various ummmm, behavioural issues :lol:

http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/OFjpy-UFJlw/mqdefault.jpg

Tell me that ain't Bond waiting to happen!

Edited by sugaraylen