The James Bond Thread: RIP Robbie Coltrane

James Bond

Does anyone think Connery would've fit in Live and Let Die if he'd stayed around for one more film?

Not at all.

Why not? Diamonds are Forever has a similar tone.

And you know we all think DAF is shit :lol:

That's your opinion tho

Edited by Vincent Vega

Is it plausable that Orumov just put one blank in the gun and the rest is all live ammunition?

I suppose it's plausible enough to buy that scene. 006 is his first shot right? And then he kills his own henchman later. I don't know much about guns but I'm guessing he could have replaced the first bullet in his clip with a blank and kept the rest so it'd still be usable to (potentially) kill Bond.

People always say Craig is a mix of Connery and Dalton.

Could it not be said that Brosnan was a mix of Connery and Moore?

You could say that indeed. That's how I've always felt about Pierce.

Pretty boy never came to mind because he was close to Connery's age. If you take the secret agent part out of it and picked one of the six to be a Royal Navy officer that did intelligence work, he's prob. be the first that came to mind.

While I like his Bond films, Roger Moore always struck me as a bit of a pretty boy. Almost kind of gay in a way.

He is a Bond that meets the expectations. Never goes out of the comfort zone. Some prefer that.

He slipped very comfortably into the role. His passion for it definitely helped him. He had his heart set on Bond since he was a kid. I don't think he ever pulled a Connery and walked through any of his films even though there are certain moments of bad acting (not that the scripts gave him much to work with). His best performance might actually be in Die Another Day.

I bet Craig will leave after this one. The rate they are going he is going to be 110 years old when he gets to Bond 25.

We know part of the holdup was studio-related. I think he's good for 2, maybe 3 more movies, but that last one's prob. going to be the big cash grab like Connery. I think all of them enjoyed playing James Bond, but didn't enjoy the business end of it. I think Craig's the first one to play 007 in a TV commercial, but I could be wrong (the milk ad was during the shooting of a movie, so I don't count that).

Realistically, if they wait for Mendes the film can still come out in 2015. Only a three year gap, then either 2017 or 2018 for Craig's last. He'll be 50. Yes he's aging quite a bit in the face but he hasn't been projected as a pretty boy Bond anyways, so provided his age is continued to be worked into the story as it was in Skyfall I don't see why he can't be 50 for his last film. It wouldn't hurt if they let his hair grow a bit too.

Was watching Thunderball last night. Love the intro - Bond decking the "widow", jetpack and good ol' DB5. Quality.

Also like the way he chucked the roses over that guy and later on when he stole a grape from the fruit display. Small things but funny. :lol:

It wouldn't hurt if they let his hair grow a bit too.

Russian KGB operatives must have mandatory, standard crew cut in 21st century, comrade.

At least it's his real hair. ;)

Was watching Thunderball last night. Love the intro - Bond decking the "widow", jetpack and good ol' DB5. Quality.

Also like the way he chucked the roses over that guy and later on when he stole a grape from the fruit display. Small things but funny. :lol:

Thunderball's pre-title sequence is one of my favorites in the series. Fast paced and awesome.